Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I keep thinking about the AutoHold feature, but until I do I just press the ACC button. I used to use the e-brake button until my wife told me that with e-brake, the stop lights are not illuminated. Bad idea with some of the (geezer) drivers down here, while waiting at a red light.

— John
Yeah, auto hold is a great feature and I miss it daily. I may just have to break down and order the kit from Kufatec and get busy (as much as taking apart the center console scares the beetle-juice out of me.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for feedback and instructions last week.
Yesterday, I did several codes for my 2019 P+: needle sweep, video in motion (it works), high beam assistant (haven't driven at night so I don't know about this one yet); easy entry, comfort sunroof open instead of tile, and automatic opening of the car when approaching. Everything worked great.

I tried to do lane assist with the long coding and adaptations in the document, but it did not work for me. When it got to BAP personalizations my app told me that there were no alternatives for that setting, also had the same problem with system mode lane departure warning. Tried the entire process twice and couldn't get it work. So, I used credits to do the one-click app and it worked. Unfortunately, this way, I don't know exactly what was changed. I guess I can go through and bounce around looking for matchups with the document.

Another thing I did was change my dashboard gauges to S5 instead of A5. I like the RPM gauge better, but I feel a bit weird with the S5 logo there. Never could find the RS5 derivative number- does anyone know which derivative number that is under vehicle variant? I found RS4 (derivative 13) but had trouble with RS5.

One final question...in the dashboard long coding section where you can choose vehicle variant, there is also a setting for Dual Speedometer - it is set to Yes. Any idea what happens if this is set to No? I read numerous times that the A5 can't be set up to have the single speed/tach in the center, but I was wondering what happens if this setting is changed. I'm still a bit leery of just going in and clicking things to see if anything happens.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Thomas
Thanks for feedback and instructions last week.
Yesterday, I did several codes for my 2019 P+: needle sweep, video in motion (it works), high beam assistant (haven't driven at night so I don't know about this one yet); easy entry, comfort sunroof open instead of tile, and automatic opening of the car when approaching. Everything worked great.

I tried to do lane assist with the long coding and adaptations in the document, but it did not work for me. When it got to BAP personalizations my app told me that there were no alternatives for that setting, also had the same problem with system mode lane departure warning. Tried the entire process twice and couldn't get it work. So, I used credits to do the one-click app and it worked. Unfortunately, this way, I don't know exactly what was changed. I guess I can go through and bounce around looking for matchups with the document.

Another thing I did was change my dashboard gauges to S5 instead of A5. I like the RPM gauge better, but I feel a bit weird with the S5 logo there. Never could find the RS5 derivative number- does anyone know which derivative number that is under vehicle variant? I found RS4 (derivative 13) but had trouble with RS5.

One final question...in the dashboard long coding section where you can choose vehicle variant, there is also a setting for Dual Speedometer - it is set to Yes. Any idea what happens if this is set to No? I read numerous times that the A5 can't be set up to have the single speed/tach in the center, but I was wondering what happens if this setting is changed. I'm still a bit leery of just going in and clicking things to see if anything happens.
Can you report back on how the HBA worked????
Did the setting stick post re-start????
Old 04-13-2020, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

How did you get Video In Motion to work?
Old 04-14-2020, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
Can you report back on how the HBA worked????
Did the setting stick post re-start????
You're going to keep looking for that setting, but you're not going to find it.

I've tried looking and I've communicated to this before, along with countless others. There is no setting right now that retains the HBA memory.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 525 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Holden6v8
I was under the impression the stalk button is only til car is re-started....No?
No, the stalk activates and deactivates the feature. It does not automatically activate on its own when the car is re-started.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stwus
How did you get Video In Motion to work?
I did it separately from the others. From reading the OBD forum, I got the impression this was one of the codings that was blocked by the firewall Audi implemented, and needed the hood open to take effect. So, my process was:

I opened the hood of the car, got in closed doors, turned on power (no ignition), used the OBDeleven one-click app (100 credits), got out closed the hood, then powered off car.

Went for a drive and my DVD played while driving - not really a feature I will use but should come in handy for my daughter on 10 - 12 hour drives to see family.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:27 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Thomas
I did it separately from the others. From reading the OBD forum, I got the impression this was one of the codings that was blocked by the firewall Audi implemented, and needed the hood open to take effect. So, my process was:

I opened the hood of the car, got in closed doors, turned on power (no ignition), used the OBDeleven one-click app (100 credits), got out closed the hood, then powered off car.

Went for a drive and my DVD played while driving - not really a feature I will use but should come in handy for my daughter on 10 - 12 hour drives to see family.
Did this also allow for text entry in the Navigation system while driving? I tried this and only was able to get the system to allow entry via the touchpad on top of dial. Entry via scrolling through letters/numbers is still disabled.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello,

just got my 2019 RS5 SB and looked through this thread and the google document but couldn't find anything regrading my 2 vcds questions:

1. Increase sensitivity of massaged seats and/or increase massage duration?
2. Change interior light colors while driving?

Thank you
Old 04-14-2020, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaavid
You're going to keep looking for that setting, but you're not going to find it.

I've tried looking and I've communicated to this before, along with countless others. There is no setting right now that retains the HBA memory.
I've continued to look because both Kufatec and another dongle company claim that it works using their "coding dongle" on both the MQB and MLVEVO platforms....
I'd give up otherwise.
At some point I'm going to drop the 49EU and order it from Kufatec just to see...

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)