Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Auto Lock - When I first got my 2018 Audi RS5, I swear the car would lock when I walked away. Whether it did or not, that is what I'd like to have happen. However, the OBD11 app for that function did not work. Anyone have any long coding data to help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2020, 10:36 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by 18RSFive
Auto Lock - When I first got my 2018 Audi RS5, I swear the car would lock when I walked away. Whether it did or not, that is what I'd like to have happen. However, the OBD11 app for that function did not work. Anyone have any long coding data to help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
I've only ever gotten the car to unlock on approach, never auto lock on departure.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 18RSFive
Unfortunately, I don't think it works. Auto Unlock works perfectly but the Auto Lock doesn't. Keep in mind, the car likes to unlock itself if you don't move away from the car quickly after you lock it when auto unlock is enabled. The long coding should be in the Google doc.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

A few weeks ago i added in the adjustment for the massage seat timer and today i added back in the heated steering wheel temperature adjustment.

Has anyone seen an adjustment to keep the fog lights on while the high beams are on? I believe this is default behavior on the european models.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sthulin
A few weeks ago i added in the adjustment for the massage seat timer and today i added back in the heated steering wheel temperature adjustment.

Has anyone seen an adjustment to keep the fog lights on while the high beams are on? I believe this is default behavior on the european models.
Unfortunately, you can't keep the fog lights or all weather lights on with the high beams. My 2018 S5 didn't come with low beams on with high beams so I had to code it. The 2019+ already have it from the factory.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:40 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

OBD Eleven continues to deliver the promised updates to the iOS platform for the latest hardware version!

— John
The following users liked this post:
synergize (06-12-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1

OBD Eleven continues to deliver the promised updates to the iOS platform for the latest hardware version!

— John
Can you do long coding on the iOS app yet?
Old 06-21-2020, 01:58 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
For some reason your last response isn't showing in the feed - cause that would be too easy.
I have a 2018 Coupe.
Just want to make sure our wires aren't getting crossed. "D" to "S" using the gearshift, is different than "Dynamic" in exhaust settings (in Individual mode and Dynamic mode).

Again, I leave my car set to start in "I" - and even though engine and exhaust are both set to Dynamic, BOTH are ignored.
I completely understand why "I" always default the transmission to "D" (fuel economy) - it's been that way in ALL my Audi's.
However, I'm still trying to understand why, even after I shift the transmission to S, and the RPMs increase, the exhaust is still not as loud/poppy until I change out of "I" mode, into ANY other mode, and back into "Individual" or "Dynamic".
Moving between both modes (Individual and Dynamic) - after the car is already started and I've switched to "S" or it is already in "S" changes the exhaust mode to open (with pops, etc.).
It does NOT respect the exhaust setting regardless of how the car is started, and regardless if I've manually shifted to "Sport" in the Transmission, or it defaults to that (e.g., "Dynamic drive mode)".

Dealer has confirmed that it's factory behavior, but it just does NOT seem right - the reasoning from the dealer that by not opening the valves, the cats would warm up more quickly.
But then that should mean they would open after a period of time - which they do not..
They NEVER fully open unless I cycle the car, after start, into "Individual" or "Dynamic" modes.
Every loaner car I've gotten, A3's, Q3's A6's, etc., have respected ALL settings in the "I" mode, including exhaust, but you must always manually put the transmission into "Sport" mode.

Among other things:
The B9's (2018 at least) will not save your last known recirculate setting without a mod, it will not respect your HBA setting upon re-start (no one can find a mod for this), and several OTHER settings are not retained after re-start.
With most of us waiting a year for them to release a software update to fix the 3d camera view sticky issue post re-start, some of these other "features" seem like they were also forgotten as fixes between software updates (ECU, 5F, etc.) and we are left to manually reset them - like a pilot's pre-flight check list, I have to literally press like 5 different buttons to get the car the way I want to drive it before I drive off.... every time.

So why does the B9 platform, or at least the 2018's and earlier, not respect drive mode settings and other settings upon re-start?

Does the exhaust setting in "Individual" mode get saved and respected upon re-start in "Individual" mode?

I would ask that you try this:
Start the Car in Comfort mode.
Switch the transmission to "Sport".
Then cycle the car to "Dynamic" drive mode - and listen to your exhaust note.
Any luck ever solving this issue with the car remembering the exhaust setting upon restart?

Do other drive select options (e.g. sport differential) also require a cycling of the drive select modes? The exhaust note is easy to notice as it is aural. The other settings not so much...
Old 06-21-2020, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
Any luck ever solving this issue with the car remembering the exhaust setting upon restart?

Do other drive select options (e.g. sport differential) also require a cycling of the drive select modes? The exhaust note is easy to notice as it is aural. The other settings not so much...
Anything to do with the exhaust is the only issue, as far as I can tell...
I solved it with a CETE module as the dealer offered no assistance.
What they seem to forget is that after 10's of 1000's of complaints worldwide about the 360d camera not retaining it's settings, it took them almost 2 years to issue a fix.
I believe this will be the same here.

There are OTHER settings that also don't save (like HBA) that just make me scratch my head.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

There are a few references in the Sunroof and other modules that indicate there is a way to get the sunroof to open above a certain temperature....
Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)