Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey T
Ironically, easy exit was one of the features I got to work. If I remember correctly (and I followed the directions attached to this post) I had to change three different seat parameters. But it worked right away.
Thanks for that! Good to know it can be done.
The instructions reference a MMI setting which allows storage to the key fob. Can you confirm that this option/setting does not exist in the 2020 MMI?
Thanks again---
Old 09-17-2020, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by S4 Play
Thanks for that! Good to know it can be done.
The instructions reference a MMI setting which allows storage to the key fob. Can you confirm that this option/setting does not exist in the 2020 MMI?
Thanks again---
I don't believe that it does. Next time I'm connected I'll take a screenshot of my "history" page to see exactly what I did.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mikey T
I don't believe that it does. Next time I'm connected I'll take a screenshot of my "history" page to see exactly what I did.
So I finally got it working even though Byte 14/Bit 2 still refuses to switch from 0 to 1. The seat travel seems much less than on the S4 but I'm going to call it good enough.
Hopefully it will stick.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Note to Pan/Zooming Coding

The below applies to a 2020 S5 SB Prestige:When I went in with my OBD11 and called up the F5 module/locked functions I looked at FB_NAV_3.
The document posted on this thread shows the default to be blocked, with instructions to change to non_blocked.
However, in my case, it was already non-blocked.
So, just for fun, I changed FB_NAV_4 from blocked to un-blocked.
In a short, low speed test drive, panning and zooming was allowed.
I am wondering if the 2020 MMI has some different option locations.
Having been used to the 'old' MMI (wiz wheel) I found the inability to pan/zoom to make the GPS almost useless when under way.

Locked menu contents →

FB_NAV_3

blocked

non_blocked
Old 09-17-2020, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Not sure if it matters, but have you tried it with the hood open?
sorry..didn't get back to you, but yes I tried with hood up, doors open/close, etc.
Finally got it working but that one bit in module 36 refuses to change to 1.... maybe it needs therapy... it refuses to be anything but a zero!
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The below applies to a 2020 S5 SB Prestige:When I went in with my OBD11 and called up the F5 module/locked functions I looked at FB_NAV_3.
The document posted on this thread shows the default to be blocked, with instructions to change to non_blocked.
Having been used to the 'old' MMI (wiz wheel) I found the inability to pan/zoom to make the GPS almost useless when under way.

Locked menu contents →

FB_NAV_3

blocked

non_blocked
Nice find!
Old 09-18-2020, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Locked menu contents →

FB_NAV_3

blocked

non_blocked
With the B9.5 getting the the newest version of the Audi MMI system, there will probably be a lot of changes already made. My 18' S5 didn't have low and high beams on at the same time. I had to code it. The 2019 MY did though.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
With the B9.5 getting the the newest version of the Audi MMI system, there will probably be a lot of changes already made. My 18' S5 didn't have low and high beams on at the same time. I had to code it. The 2019 MY did though.
Hot|Ice: On my 2019 S5 Prestige I cannot get the Low and High beams to both be on at the same time? When you look at the driver side headlight (from L to R) from the front the First light in the housing is the All Weather Light, the second light is a reflector (it has a yellow object inside), the Third light is a projector light with a convex lens. How do you turn on the middle reflector bulb, there is nothing in the manual about that middle light? Thank you for any info?

Do I need to code that middle light on (red arrow) with OBD11 or is that a fake light?

Last edited by synergize; 09-19-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

So I finally got it working even though Byte 14/Bit 2 still refuses to switch from 0 to 1. The seat travel seems much less than on the S4 but I'm going to call it good enough.
Hopefully it will stick.
Thanks again for your help.
So exactly what did you do different to get the easy in/out working? Might be useful to others to know. Perhaps even edit the Coding Thread doc with the exact steps.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Hot|Ice: On my 2019 S5 Prestige I cannot get the Low and High beams to both be on at the same time? When you look at the driver side headlight (from L to R) from the front the First light in the housing is the All Weather Light, the second light is a reflector (it has a yellow object inside), the Third light is a projector light with a convex lens. How do you turn on the middle reflector bulb, there is nothing in the manual about that middle light? Thank you for any info?

Do I need to code that middle light on (red arrow) with OBD11 or is that a fake light?
The red arrow you are pointing at is the high beam LED. The yellow object inside that is being reflected is the actual LED chip that is being reflected and the "projector" aids in aiming that light where it needs to go; straight out and spotlighted instead of a flood.

Photo below is standard low beam:

Photo below is high beam + low beam. To achieve this, you need to code it, but it will only occur during when you flash the high beams or when you force the high beams to be on. It is not always on with the headlights.

The following 2 users liked this post by Daaavid:
-=Hot|Ice=- (09-20-2020), synergize (09-19-2020)

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)