Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Hot|Ice: On my 2019 S5 Prestige I cannot get the Low and High beams to both be on at the same time? When you look at the driver side headlight (from L to R) from the front the First light in the housing is the All Weather Light, the second light is a reflector (it has a yellow object inside), the Third light is a projector light with a convex lens. How do you turn on the middle reflector bulb, there is nothing in the manual about that middle light? Thank you for any info?

Do I need to code that middle light on (red arrow) with OBD11 or is that a fake light?
I think your car may actually already have it coded. When you turn on the high beams, the low beams should stay on(which is what the arrow in the picture is pointing to). If it doesn't, it'll have to be coded. When I picked up my S5 back in 2017, the low beams would turn off when you turned on the high beams but I think that was something they changed later in the cars production cycle because all the loaners I drove had them already.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I think your car may actually already have it coded. When you turn on the high beams, the low beams should stay on(which is what the arrow in the picture is pointing to). If it doesn't, it'll have to be coded. When I picked up my S5 back in 2017, the low beams would turn off when you turned on the high beams but I think that was something they changed later in the cars production cycle because all the loaners I drove had them already.
Thanks for the info, I was checking without looking deep into the light, they are indeed on at the same time, and combined they put out a good amount of light. Glad Audi made the switch on the 2019s.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 230 Likes on 138 Posts

Well, this is a new development, and quite welcome, I bet. This is from the Android version update on Google Play yesterday.

Looks like the hood *has* to be open for some write operations!
Old 09-21-2020, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 147 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by DCB1951
Well, this is a new development, and quite welcome, I bet. This is from the Android version update on Google Play yesterday.

Looks like the hood *has* to be open for some write operations!
Thanks! That will be helpful. I haven’t seen a similar change in the iOS version, but maybe we’ll get that at some point.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello from France !
Is it possible to activate a light indicator in the virtual cockpit to know if our headlights is on or not?
I had this code in my a4 b7 but I would like this in my A5 if it's possible...
Thanks a lot for your help 👍
Old 09-23-2020, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoBi
Hello from France !
Is it possible to activate a light indicator in the virtual cockpit to know if our headlights is on or not?
I had this code in my a4 b7 but I would like this in my A5 if it's possible...
Thanks a lot for your help 👍
I know the B9.5's have them. Not sure you can do it in the B9 A5 w/ VC.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id appreciate it if someone was to make a b9.5 guide for what works and what doesn’t
Old 09-24-2020, 12:48 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by Jk5120
Id appreciate it if someone was to make a b9.5 guide for what works and what doesn’t
1. I realize that you are a fairly new member.

2. The existing guide was initially created by several of our members, both from existing information as well as their own experimental research on their cars.

3. It’s now up to members who have the B9.5 to take that existing body of work and build upon it for the good of everyone who has the newer generation Audis. That’s how a forum works; we learn from each other and share what we’ve learned with each other.

4. The other option is obtaining OBD Eleven “credits” and using them to make mods to your car by using those credits to pay for coding change apps, however that’s not revealing the coding and what specific changes the apps are making to the programming.

Welcome to the AudiWorld community.

— John
The following 2 users liked this post by Nikon1:
-=Hot|Ice=- (09-26-2020), dadrocker (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
1. I realize that you are a fairly new member.

2. The existing guide was initially created by several of our members, both from existing information as well as their own experimental research on their cars.

3. It’s now up to members who have the B9.5 to take that existing body of work and build upon it for the good of everyone who has the newer generation Audis. That’s how a forum works; we learn from each other and share what we’ve learned with each other.

4. The other option is obtaining OBD Eleven “credits” and using them to make mods to your car by using those credits to pay for coding change apps, however that’s not revealing the coding and what specific changes the apps are making to the programming.

Welcome to the AudiWorld community.

— John
Hi John

Thank you for welcoming me.

I think I’ll have to pay for the app and credits and get the easy way out!

Hopefully the guys at OBD11 will have many coding change apps for the B9.5 now?
Old 09-24-2020, 01:20 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Not really sure, but there seems to be a good line of communication between Voltas and Audi, so as the newer cars roll out so will the Apps supporting those new models.

If you already own an OBD Eleven, open your OBD Eleven program on your phone or tablet everyday (you do not have to even plug the OBD Eleven dongle in or be near your car) and you get 1 free credit; if you go into your “account balance” section of the app, you’ll see an option to get free credits, up to 5 a day, by watching ads in the app. I do this on my tablet as part of my morning routine and as the screen shot below demonstrates, they do add up:

Not all of those credits were “free” credits but about 1700 were.

Depending on your platform (iOS or Android) make sure you check for OBD Eleven updates to your program — it’s how you’ll get the availability of new apps.

Again, Welcome!

— John

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)