Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is great and full of tricks, thank you all!
I found something! While I was putting things in the glove box I noticed a wired circular ****, by looking in the manual, in turns out that you can convert the glove box into a mini fridge! Only if you’re having AC on.
I’m not sure what I can use it for but a cool feature that I can brag about
Old 08-31-2018, 10:20 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
What do balding guys do with that tiny rectangular tray?

Many, Many Answers Here!
Old 08-31-2018, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemoziz
This thread is great and full of tricks, thank you all!
I found something! While I was putting things in the glove box I noticed a wired circular ****, by looking in the manual, in turns out that you can convert the glove box into a mini fridge! Only if you’re having AC on.
I’m not sure what I can use it for but a cool feature that I can brag about
Less of a fridge...more of a way to store things like make-up so it won't melt...or some occasional candies!
Old 08-31-2018, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About item 9 - I keep the registration and insurance in my wallet. Cops always ask for those if they stop you - If the car is stolen the thief will not be able to produce them nor will they have the name of the owner. Alerting something is wrong. It's an advice I got from both State and local cops many years ago. If you have more than one driver just make copies for each.
That's sound advice! Still holds a pen and I can use the clip for parking tickets!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Little thing that could have been better. Coin holder in the glove box. Quarters do not stay put - not even the right size. A better solution would have been a spring loaded gun clip style holder in the center console, just for quarters would be fine. Those familiar with Acura TSX will know exactly what I am talking about.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by joedaman88
That's sound advice! Still holds a pen and I can use the clip for parking tickets!
Where does the speeding tickets go?
Old 09-01-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Little thing that could have been better. Coin holder in the glove box. Quarters do not stay put - not even the right size. A better solution would have been a spring loaded gun clip style holder in the center console, just for quarters would be fine. Those familiar with Acura TSX will know exactly what I am talking about.
Those are slots for SD cards, but I do agree that it would be nice to have some sort of coin storage system.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm - I've rarely used coins/cash for years. In Australia, most parking ticket machines use credit cards and pay-wave has become fairly universal recently. I would've guessed we followed the US on this?

So, the nifty little centre console tray I got from Amazon following a tip on this site has its coin-holder populated "for decoration only". BTW, hardware stores here sell rolls of black flock stick-on stuff that is magic for stopping the tray from rattling in the console and for stopping coins rattling in the coin-holder.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I rarely have to use change or any sort of cash, but credit cards cost businesses a small percentage of the purchase price and some small shops charge extra when charging under a certain amount. Using cash saves them a bit of money, so it's helpful to keep some change in my car.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman

Those are slots for SD cards, but I do agree that it would be nice to have some sort of coin storage system.
SD cards - hmmm - why so many slots? I put a 128gb and a 32gb in the two slots with all FLAC coded music - I think that equals nearly 18 hours of music. That's about 1000 miles of driving with a repeat!

Quarters still come in handy most parking meters still take quarters. Also, one needs a quarter to release a cart from its jail at Aldi's grocery chain

Last edited by 18A5SB; 09-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: It’s the little things...