Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Software
Old 07-24-2019, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automatic Opening

Has anyone tried the automatic unlock coding. I’ve applied the below, but it doesn’t seem to worked. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it to work ? Any tricks please?

Automatic Opening of the Car When Approaching

Description: The car will automatically open when you are about 1-2m away.
  1. 46 - Central Module Comfort System
  2. Long Coding
  3. Set automatic_opening to active
  4. Press and hold green check mark to save.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip Hanser

Has anyone tried the automatic unlock coding. I’ve applied the below, but it doesn’t seem to worked. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it to work ? Any tricks please?

Automatic Opening of the Car When Approaching

Description: The car will automatically open when you are about 1-2m away.
  1. 46 - Central Module Comfort System
  2. Long Coding
  3. Set automatic_opening to active
  4. Press and hold green check mark to save.
I honestly do not know what I did, but my car now unlocks when I approach it. I was messing with the comfort windows, and somehow unlocked the auto unlock feature. I did many variations of the process below, with different hold times, holding the key fob buttons, holding the window switch up, holding windows switch down, double and triple tapping buttons.... I did so much, that I don't know what I actually did. I also used the OBD11 to change the comfort window settings, and the coding mentioned above. I essentially did all the coding that was said to work, but it didn't change anything, so I started button mashing. Also, I reset my MMI each time I made any changes. No clue if that had anything to do with it.

1. open window
2. close window
3. hold button up for a few seconds
4. release button
5. push button up again briefly.

I wish I was more help, but maybe my explanation will trigger someone else's response. But mainly, I wanted you to know that the feature does work.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default SIM card

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
With the help of iampraneel and a bit of digging, I'm putting together a list of OBDEleven coding changes that is possible for the B9 platform into one document. I will regularly update it as I figure things out or find new additions. The document is attached.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky, please?

Google Docs Here: https://goo.gl/WDR7BW
Has anyone tried to activate the SIM card reader? I’m tired of being stuck with the default carrier because their coverage is horrible in Canada.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnb288
Has anyone tried to activate the SIM card reader?
Are you saying it didn't work when you put a SIM in? I thought it was supposed to take priority automatically but the connection manager on the MMI might have a setting to choose?
Old 08-16-2019, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

...because their coverage is horrible in Canada.
Are you out in the sticks?
Old 08-16-2019, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paradyne
Are you saying it didn't work when you put a SIM in? I thought it was supposed to take priority automatically but the connection manager on the MMI might have a setting to choose?
I’ve read on other forms that the SIM card slot is deactivated in North America because Audi wants us to stick with their provider.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Are you out in the sticks?
haha yes, but the Rodgers in Canada has poor coverage so if I switch to any other major carrier I’ll have full service. I can see the tower, but Audi connects won’t roam and connect to it.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

haha yes, but the Rodgers in Canada has poor coverage so if I switch to any other major carrier I’ll have full service. I can see the tower, but Audi connects won’t roam and connect to it.
Thanks for the info. So Audi use the Robbers network and don't allow data roam. Good to know.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Thanks for the info. So Audi use the Robbers network and don't allow data roam. Good to know.
Actually they use just Rodgers/Robbers and none of the roaming agreements that Rodgers has with other carriers. Telus would be great.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)