Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

- 2018 Audi RS5: "Project Mystique" By TEKNIKA -

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome post. New to the forums, but i ordered this car in a SB version, delivery in 3 weeks. I am very interested to hear how the tune works out, I would do that in a heart beat. Also great job with the wheels. I dont think i will lower it as New England roads can be unforgiving!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
Awesome post. New to the forums, but i ordered this car in a SB version, delivery in 3 weeks. I am very interested to hear how the tune works out, I would do that in a heart beat. Also great job with the wheels. I dont think i will lower it as New England roads can be unforgiving!
Thank you and welcome to the forums! Early congratulations on your RS5 SB order. I have already had two dyno sessions testing baseline (stock) and standard S4 MAPs. The results have been quite impressive thus far showing gains of 30AWHP and 36AWTQ and up to 50AWHP/70AWTQ in the midrange. All from standard S4 MAPs! I am late to post the updates here as I have not been able to figure out how to post videos on AudiWorld properly. There will be more updates to come on the JB4 this coming week, as we are testing more aggressive RS5-specific MAPs and E85. So stay tuned! For more up-to-date progress, feel free to follow Project Mystique on Instagram (@importeknika) or on Audizine. I always post there first.

Last edited by TEKNIKA; 12-31-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have covered this, but I didn't see it. Does having the dealer install aftermarket parts effect the warranty? Isn't that why most people remove the piggyback, before they take the car in? I was thinking about taking my S4 in to the dealer to have lowering springs installed, when I have my oil changed. One of the local German shops said that by me adding lowering springs, I have the potential for warranty issues. Especially because I have the adaptive suspension. Is there any benefit to having the dealership install the parts? Do I still have the same risk of warranty denial, if something were to fail with the suspension after the springs are installed?
Old 01-02-2019, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlewisii
You may have covered this, but I didn't see it. Does having the dealer install aftermarket parts effect the warranty? Isn't that why most people remove the piggyback, before they take the car in? I was thinking about taking my S4 in to the dealer to have lowering springs installed, when I have my oil changed. One of the local German shops said that by me adding lowering springs, I have the potential for warranty issues. Especially because I have the adaptive suspension. Is there any benefit to having the dealership install the parts? Do I still have the same risk of warranty denial, if something were to fail with the suspension after the springs are installed?
Hello. So, here is the background. I am in a unique situation where my installs are performed by an Audi Master Mechanic as "side work". There are obvious advantages to this including the fact that the work is performed by an Audi Certified Master Mechanic, at an Audi facility where the necessary resources, technical support/data and equipment are readily available and at an establishment were the work will be to specification, reliable and consistent. Again, I have a unique relationship with the dealership where they are fully aware of the modifications and who performed the work. This makes the situation a bit more transparent for all parties involved. Though the cost of having the work done at the dealership is higher, the added security of knowing that the work was done by a certified Audi professional at an Audi facility is worth the added expense and peace of mind, in my opinion.

I have not had a situation arise that required me to take the vehicle in for a problem caused by any of the modifications thus far, nor had my scheduled maintenance and services due as of yet, with only 2K miles on the odometer. However, when I do, they are fully aware of the modifications and I will be sure to remove the JB4 if necessary. The potential for warranty issues is ALWAYS present. All modifications are at our own risk. However, as I stated earlier, my situation is unique due to my relationship with the dealership and the dealership's reputation for being more lenient with modifications. In fact, many of the employees there including a sales manager have race-spec vehicles and regularly race their Audis at the track. For example, I will be joining Audi North Orlando at a charity race event at Sebring International Raceway mid-January. Also, one of their customers has one of the fastest 9-second RS3's in the world.

So again, a dealership has every right to deny a warranty claim due to a modification, but transparency certainly helps. I have had no issues with the adaptive suspension (DRC) and/or magnetic ride control with the H&R VTFs. However, the work was done by an Audi Master Mechanic who is familiar with the technical details of this suspension. I do want to also disclose that Audi North Orlando is one of the top dealerships in R/RS sales in the country with multiple Audi Master Mechanics in-house. Some Audi dealerships do not even have one. So their expertise and knowledge base on these vehicles is much higher than most dealerships.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation.

Last edited by TEKNIKA; 01-02-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi North Orlando has been fantastic. What event are you going to?
Old 01-02-2019, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doubledown13
Audi North Orlando has been fantastic. What event are you going to?
Agreed. The event is WinterFest HPDE at Sebring International Raceway.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teknika-
Picked up my Nardo Grey in Sept and am watching your thread with interest. What are, or are you, looking at for exhaust?

thx-
Old 01-04-2019, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doktordyper
Teknika-
Picked up my Nardo Grey in Sept and am watching your thread with interest. What are, or are you, looking at for exhaust?

thx-
Hello! Congratulations on your Nardo RS5 and thank you for following the progress. Funny that you should ask. My AWE Tuning B9 RS5 Touring Edition Exhaust Suite just arrived yesterday. Check this out.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156428562@N02/

Last edited by TEKNIKA; 01-04-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TEKNIKA
Hello! Congratulations on your Nardo RS5 and thank you for following the progress. Funny that you should ask. My AWE Tuning B9 RS5 Touring Edition Exhaust Suite just arrived yesterday. Check this out.

by T3KN1KA
sweet, mine is inbound in a couple weeks, can't wait. I'm curious to how loud the valve simulator clicking upon startup is in person as opposed to the vids. are you planning on doing the install yourself or having your dealer do it? I don't have access to a lift and it seems like dealing with the downpipe flange nuts while on jackstands is a real pain.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Xenny
sweet, mine is inbound in a couple weeks, can't wait. I'm curious to how loud the valve simulator clicking upon startup is in person as opposed to the vids. are you planning on doing the install yourself or having your dealer do it? I don't have access to a lift and it seems like dealing with the downpipe flange nuts while on jackstands is a real pain.
Thank you Xenny. I will be sure to document the valve simulator and report back. The install will be done professionally. Unfortunately, I do not have the equipment nor the time needed to do it myself. Were you able to watch the video I posted? Hopefully the video gave you a better perspective of the downpipes. I can certainly imagine how difficult that portion of the install could be. Also, the AWE Tuning website has the instruction manual and contains very detailed images of the install process. You might want to review that in preparation, while you are waiting. Please be safe during the install.

Quick Reply: - 2018 Audi RS5: "Project Mystique" By TEKNIKA -