Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 RS5 Daytona Grey Ordered! Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2018 RS5 Daytona Grey Ordered! Intro

Hi Folks,

New Canadian Member here!

I just placer my order for a 2018 RS5! Here is the list of options:
Premium Package
Audi Sport Package
Carbon Optics Package
RS Interior Design Package
Advanced Drivers Assist Package
Ceramic Brakes Package
RS Carbon Inlays
Carbon Engine Cover
Audib HUP
Rear/Front Seat Heating
Audi Rings Flood Lights

im actually trading in my beloved 2016 Mercedes-AMG GLA45. Love that car..:just looking for something more dignified! Delivery is scheduled for April 2018 at which time I will add XPel Ultimate PPF and Ceramic Pro Gold Package.

Looking forward to many good times with the new beast....long time to be patient though....lol

Cheers!
Old 10-06-2017, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations. That is pretty exciting. I think you will be one of the first to actually take delivery of a new RS5 here. I am assuming it is a sport back since you listed front & rear seat heaters?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Congratulations. That is pretty exciting. I think you will be one of the first to actually take delivery of a new RS5 here. I am assuming it is a sport back since you listed front & rear seat heaters?
Hi there,

It’s actually the Coupe. The SB is not available yet in Canada.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 618 Likes on 445 Posts

I know there’s someone at ~*~*~the other forum~*~*~ that just ordered a RS5 too.

So, the usual questions:

- buying or leasing?
- what was the final cost?
- any discounts or extras thrown in?
- which dealer did you go to?
- did you shop around various dealers?
- if you leased what was your residual?

I’m looking at getting a RS5 sport back but I’m curious because the pricing on the coupe and sport back should be identical.

I’m on the fence with the ceramic brakes and the carbon optics package. I never track my cars so outside of the “cool factor” the ceramic brakes are overkill. Also, I like the carbon fibre front splitter and trunk spoiler but I also like the aluoptic mirror covers and chrome grill and window trim.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 10-06-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I know there’s someone at ~*~*~the other forum~*~*~ that just ordered a RS5 too.

So, the usual questions:

- buying or leasing?
- what was the final cost?
- any discounts or extras thrown in?
- which dealer did you go to?
- did you shop around various dealers?
- if you leased what was your residual?

I’m looking at getting a RS5 sport back but I’m curious because the pricing on the coupe and sport back should be identical.

I’m on the fence with the ceramic brakes and the carbon optics package. I never track my cars so outside of the “cool factor” the ceramic brakes are overkill. Also, I like the carbon fibre front splitter and trunk spoiler but I also like the aluoptic mirror covers and chrome grill and window trim.
Here you go....
1. Leased
2. $112k + taxes, Pdi, etc.
3. Dealer was unwilling to lower the price. These cars will get full MRSP. However, lots of swag will be thrown in including e LeD flood lights, floor mats, etc.
4. Dealer was Pfaff Maple. They gave me a fair value for my AMG for trade in
5. I went to two other local ealers and all were adamant on full MRSP.
6. Residuals after 4 years is 50%. Monthly pymt is about $500 x 48 mths (between trade in and cash)put down $62k as a down pymt

hope that helps.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks.

I wasn't expecting anyone to offer a discount, but I figured I'd ask. Some back of the napkin math suggests a monthly payment of about $1,300 with taxes if you back out the down payment/trade in (excluding PDI, which is usually paid upfront). That's not bad.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always get a discount unless the car is a limited edition or something like that. It depends on how you negotiate with them. Patience plays a part too.
Next time when you visit a second dealer, tell them why you would have to go with them, if another dealer is offering the car for the same price. I guarantee, they will give you a discount. If they don't, just leave and wait until they call you back. Make sure to give them your phone number before you leave.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

RS cars are essentially limited edition cars. We're not talking about a run of the mill A5 or even S5. RS cars are produced in very limited numbers. I know Canada is only getting something like 200 RS5 coupes and 200 RS5 sportbacks.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

I saw this posted on my former Audi Dealership in Stuttgart:

Link:
Facebook Post

Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
RS cars are essentially limited edition cars. We're not talking about a run of the mill A5 or even S5. RS cars are produced in very limited numbers. I know Canada is only getting something like 200 RS5 coupes and 200 RS5 sportbacks.
bang on. My understanding is that my dealer has almost pre-sold their full 2018 allotment. If I don’t buy it, the guy next I line gets dibs...paying full price of course.

Quick Reply: 2018 RS5 Daytona Grey Ordered! Intro