Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 S5 Coupe - Ventilated Milano vs Napa?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 S5 Coupe - Ventilated Milano vs Napa?

I am considering the purchase of a 2018 Audi S5 coupe. I like the fact that the Milano leather is perforated and ventilated. However, the more expensive Napa leather is not ventilated.

Anyone have an opinion on the leather seats?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tbellmer
I am considering the purchase of a 2018 Audi S5 coupe. I like the fact that the Milano leather is perforated and ventilated. However, the more expensive Napa leather is not ventilated.

Anyone have an opinion on the leather seats?
I chose to go with Warm Weather Package as ventilated seats were important to me since my GF insists on always keeping the car to warm, so figured I can get some relief with the ventilated seats.

However, the thing to also keep in mind is you will not get the S Sport Seat with the warm weather package, only the Sport Seat which is sightly different. With the Nappa you still get the S Sport Seat w/Massage function, although I have heard the massage function is very so so.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Is there any difference in the comfort between the two seats, S Sport Seat vs. Sport Seat?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

We have ventilated seats in our Lexus and while they're great, I really prefer the look of the diamond pattern on the full Nappa leather...
Old 05-17-2017, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two cars ago, I had ventilated seats on a Cadillac V wagon. They worked well, but, I still had to enter a very hot car and hot seat, and wait for the system to make the seat comfortable. The next car, an Audi, SQ5 has Alcantara seats; I love them. I'm in south Florida, and with the Alcantara, no matter how hot the car, the seats are comfortable -- no burning, no sticking, etc. I'm replacing the SQ5 with an S5 Sportback with Alcantara -- on order for fall delivery.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a couple months now, any other opinions on ventilated seats vs Nappa on the S5?

I can't get over how the ventilated seats removes the sport seats, including the adjustable bolsters and the massage function. And the milano leather just doesn't look as nice/quality as either the Nappa leather or standard S5 seating surface .

I love ventilated seats, makes all the difference between my back sweating and my shirt getting wrinkled, and feeling fresh! But it seems like such a big price to pay to give up the nicer looking leather and the massage function.

I'm wondering if the Nappa leather in grey would feel cooler than a traditional leather surface or faux leather surface and would therefore make the ventilated seats less worth it... or is this just wishful thinking?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Was so smitten with the diamond stitched pattern Nappa leather seats I just lost my mind and had to have the car...did I mention I love the seats? ��
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Was so smitten with the diamond stitched pattern Nappa leather seats I just lost my mind and had to have the car...did I mention I love the seats? ��
Haha, no I don't think you said :-)

Does the "Fine Nappa" leather feel cooler than traditional leather/leatherette seating surfaces?
Old 07-02-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by JRuby2004
It's been a couple months now, any other opinions on ventilated seats vs Nappa on the S5?

I can't get over how the ventilated seats removes the sport seats, including the adjustable bolsters and the massage function. And the milano leather just doesn't look as nice/quality as either the Nappa leather or standard S5 seating surface .

I love ventilated seats, makes all the difference between my back sweating and my shirt getting wrinkled, and feeling fresh! But it seems like such a big price to pay to give up the nicer looking leather and the massage function.

I'm wondering if the Nappa leather in grey would feel cooler than a traditional leather surface or faux leather surface and would therefore make the ventilated seats less worth it... or is this just wishful thinking?
I prefer the ventilated seats because I'm tall. Every S Sport seat Audi makes is too short for me to feel comfortable.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bt7676
I chose to go with Warm Weather Package as ventilated seats were important to me since my GF insists on always keeping the car to warm, so figured I can get some relief with the ventilated seats.

However, the thing to also keep in mind is you will not get the S Sport Seat with the warm weather package, only the Sport Seat which is sightly different. With the Nappa you still get the S Sport Seat w/Massage function, although I have heard the massage function is very so so.
I concur the massage function is very mehh. "massage". It's only the pneumatic lumbar support that inflate/dis-inflate and move up/down.

Even in warmish summer, with the leather it does come with a damp back.
In Canada the S is only available with the S Sport Seat Napa leathers. I wish I could have the choice of Alcantra like the RS models have.

I rode in my friend B9 A4 with perforated/ventilated and it is a bliss to keep a dry back.

Quick Reply: 2018 S5 Coupe - Ventilated Milano vs Napa?