Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019/2020 Map Update Is Available

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 230 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BrainDr
Worked perfectly for me - thank you!
You are very welcome; glad it worked!
Old 01-09-2021, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Yeah, and OTA costs on a 2018 A5 SB

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Click on this Map Policy Link And read as much as you can.

TLDR: Audi has changed the method of map updates. The process described in first post has been changed and, for now, all updates are performed OTA within your car. For now, the map updates offered are just in the immediate area where you reside.

This information is subject to change, based on AoA policies.

— John
My wife elected NOT to have the audi connect, etc. after the first three months on her 2018. Dealer unreasonable...$600 to update.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

During my annual service this Nov, the dealer told me that there will be new Audi connect page in May/June 20201 from where I would be able to download the full country maps to my computer. In fact they wrote that in my service records.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
My wife elected NOT to have the audi connect, etc. after the first three months on her 2018. Dealer unreasonable...$600 to update.
$600 to update the maps once the "2.5 years" of free map updates has expired? That's incredible. Audi should support Google Maps directions on the HUD so the built-in nav can be abandoned, as it clearly does not want to support map updates.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 230 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
During my annual service this Nov, the dealer told me that there will be new Audi connect page in May/June 20201 from where I would be able to download the full country maps to my computer. In fact they wrote that in my service records.
Thanks - you just answered my remaining question about this map update process.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:45 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 585 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
They got their information from from the attached TSB.

Excerpt:
Note:
The full navigation map data was available on the myAudi website (www.audiusa.com/myAudi) for download before March 2020. The myAudi site was turned off in preparation for the myAudi 2.0 website. The new myAudi 2.0 website will be deployed in Q2 2021. Until this time, there will be no solution for the customer to download the data on their own.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi Map Updates.pdf (772.6 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by MH62; 01-11-2021 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

It really is absurd that Audi deactivated a website in preparation for a replacement that will not be available for one year, though I suspect it could be delayed beyond that because COVID.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 05:49 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
It really is absurd that Audi deactivated a website in preparation for a replacement that will not be available for one year, though I suspect it could be delayed beyond that because COVID.
Something in the VAG budget had to be trimmed for the “diesel-gate” fines, buy-backs, write-downs & legal fees.

Pure conjecture on my part but absent any other reason, it’s as good as any.

— John
Old 01-19-2021, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I just checked the Audi web site and the Complete 2020 Map Update is available for downloading via the computer. As this is a 10.4 GB file download for the complete package, I download it to my computer then copy it over to the MMI via an SD Card.

For the new members - Someone created the instructions below for downloading from the Audi site to your computer, so all thanks go to that unnamed member. Audi's Rules for the New Members are at the end of this posting.

Downloading Map Updates:1) Get a 32 Gig SD memory card. Mine cost $20.

2) Go to My Audi site, https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi. Log in.

3) Click on the “Audi connect services” icon (below the car).

4) On the services tab, click the right arrow to scroll to “Map update.” Click on it.

5) You can choose “Complete package” or “Individual country.” Your choice. I chose complete package.

6) Put you SD card in your computer. Alternately, you can load the map files to your hard drive. Click on “prepare package” at the bottom.

7) This will download a file called “downloader” with a bunch of numbers after the word.

8) You MUST have the latest version of Java. It will prompt you if needed.

9) On the Mac, I needed to go into my security settings to allow the downloader file to open.

10) It will open with a Java screen, followed by a Download client window that says “my Audi.” It asks you to choose a folder location for the files. Pick a location on your hard drive or SD card and click to go.

11) The download starts and is tracked in the Download client window. The size of the files is 10.6 gig. It took about 2 hours to download on my computer.

12) Once the files are downloaded, transfer them to your SD card if you didn’t load them direct. There will be two files “0231001C.md5”, “metainfo2.txt” and two folders “Mib1” and Mib2”. All are needed.

13) Go to your car. You can do this while you are driving or stationary but the car must be on (not necessarily running but on).

14) Stick the SD card into the SD1 slot in your glove box.

15) In your MMI, go to Main menu>>Settings. Push the MMI scroll wheel to the left, it brings up a menu that says “MMI setup” and “System update.” Pick “System update.”

16) Pick SD1 (i.e. where you put your SD card) and press the MMI button to select.

17) The nav update will start and inform you of progress on the MMI screen. updates took about 20 minutes to load.

Audi's Update Rules Are:
1.The latest map updates can be downloaded here free of charge and then installed in the vehicle via SD card. You can download and install the updates an unlimited number of times. The Map Update includes the first five updates to the version of the map installed at the factory. The updates are issued every six months.

2. Transferring the new map package overwrites the map package currently stored in the MMI. The currently installed version can be found in the MMI under -> Setup MMI -> Version information -> Navigation database country versions.

3. You can also have the new map data installed by an Audi dealer (there would be a charge for this service).

Happy Updating!

--John
Hi on the step 4 i can't find it. I find where it says "Map update" but can't find anything that says to download maps or anything, Any update or suggestions on how to download the maps??
Old 01-19-2021, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Step 4 is not available after your free Audi Connect subscription expires.

Quick Reply: 2019/2020 Map Update Is Available