Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2022 RS5 changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Did they back into the grille by any chance?
Actually, yeah, it was the person parked in front of him. They backed into the spot too far and hit the front bumper dead center.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:07 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
If they don't have the parts, there's no sense in advertising them.

A friend of mine just picked up a new M4 and someone backed into him in a parking lot. He needs a new front bumper and associated hardware. The problem is BMW doesn't have any front bumper brackets available and no one can tell him when they will be available. His car has been sitting at the shop for about a month waiting for the brackets.
I worked for a Japanese electronics firm that made computer printers. When new products were released to the American markets we always ordered about 8% more than we expected to sell initially and “cannibalized” those printers for any parts we would need in the first 90 to 120 days, which was the lead time for spare parts from Japan. It always seemed ***-backwards to me, to pay for complete products and then pay techs to strip and inventory the parts.

As of now that company has almost completely pulled out of the US market. I wonder if that’s related . . .

— John
Old 08-14-2021, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an Alcantra flat bottom steering wheeling in my 2018 RS5 coupe and didn’t care for it. I have a 2021 RS5 Sportback factory order with the leather wrapped steering wheel and prefer it although a flat bottom without Alcantra would have been my first choice.

At 881 kms I cut a tire and needed to find a replacement for the Continental Super Contact S6 275/30 ZR. What a nightmare. My car sat idle for 4 weeks and it took Audi Canada’s intervention to have Continental provide one to my dealer. I looked throughout the US and Canada and was able to only find one in Indiana albeit at an obscene price plus the hassle of trying to get it through Customs and across the border. Be prepared to be disappointed if you encounter a similar problem.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty D
I had an Alcantra flat bottom steering wheeling in my 2018 RS5 coupe and didn’t care for it. I have a 2021 RS5 Sportback factory order with the leather wrapped steering wheel and prefer it although a flat bottom without Alcantra would have been my first choice.

At 881 kms I cut a tire and needed to find a replacement for the Continental Super Contact S6 275/30 ZR. What a nightmare. My car sat idle for 4 weeks and it took Audi Canada’s intervention to have Continental provide one to my dealer. I looked throughout the US and Canada and was able to only find one in Indiana albeit at an obscene price plus the hassle of trying to get it through Customs and across the border. Be prepared to be disappointed if you encounter a similar problem.
I needed a tire replaced 3 weeks ago because someone slashed it. I also have the Continetals on my RS5 but the dealer was able to get one the next day. The dealer said Continental has temporarily halted production of those tires to focus on higher volume models. I guess I got one of the last ones left in Canada.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 536 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I needed a tire replaced 3 weeks ago because someone slashed it. I also have the Continetals on my RS5 but the dealer was able to get one the next day. The dealer said Continental has temporarily halted production of those tires to focus on higher volume models. I guess I got one of the last ones left in Canada.
The dealer might be making that up. There is plenty of supply in Europe of the SportContact 6 275/30 ZR20 97Y AO (with ContiSilent) for the RS4/5. And the generic version too. I believe this version is only made in Continental's European plants, not in North America. More likely they're just not bothering to bring in sufficient inventory. But that's not just on Continental, Audi Canada should be holding stock of OEM tyres - this is poor.

Old 08-14-2021, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’m glad you were able to get a replacement. I raised a stink with Audi and the dealer admonished Continental about their lack of support and insisted that they maintain replacement inventory. Perhaps someone heard and you were the beneficiary. I’ve had over 20 Audis since my first one in 1982 but have never had one out of service because of a supplier’s lack of support. It’s unbelievable that a $100k+ vehicle would be out of service with no support from Continental.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I agree although I can’t blame Audi. Frankly I don’t care where the tire is made but if it’s marketed and OEM in NA, provide support. BTW, I never had any response from Continental customer service.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RS5sb Black/Black Bronze Styling package

So we just got our first 2022 with the bronze styling package and the interior bronze stitch has the Audi exclusive nice touch. The wheels on the car are very unique and if you are in the market for an RS5 it’s a very nice option. However, after comparison the package to putting together a carbon package with similar trim there seems to be about a $5k difference tough to know if bronze stitch and wheels is worth it. We have one more coming to the dealership if you want a unique option.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

I love the bronze package especially the wheels but car prices are out of control. $100k for an RS5 is way steep (for me). At this point I’d prefer to go down market or sideways from my S5 instead of go up to a 6 figure price tag for an RS5. There are still good sports car options in the $55K - $75K range (no ADM).
The following users liked this post:
ShiftyWolf (04-19-2022)