Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2025 Audi B10 A5 spotted

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak

1. It's so hard to judge when all we have is a render,

2. BUT, based on the render, ... it looks only half as good as the B9 generation. It's just so bland.

3. so maybe they are trying to tone down the aggressive elements that were part of the B9 A5, especially when it came to the rear wheel arches.

4. I'm no longer in the market for the A5 lineup having traded in my S5 for a SQ5 after my rocker arm fiasco.

5. Fingers crossed that they don't mess with the design too badly.

6. More importantly, what does the interior look like? After all, that's what we spend the most time looking at and interacting with.
1. Correct, but that is the topic at hand.
2. Agreed
3. Looks more like a current A4/A6 sedan to me ... that more family-car look.
4. Sounds better in the end, but I'm sure it was an ordeal.
5. Seems to be a common hope among many of us. It's good already, so just don't screw-it-up Audi.
6. Agreed. I'm usually all about equipment, features, performance ... stuff like that. Body styling is usually very low on my evaluation-list. If this clamshell-hood-delete is true, I kinda resent Audi for making the body-styling an issue for me. We have been buying Q5's for her (PHEV 5-seaters), and I was hoping to get me a new A5/S5-PHEV-Coupe eventually. But obviously ... it will need to be quite a bit better than my current one.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 01-05-2024 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

The wagon is a throwback to 10 years ago. Looks like a mashup of a BMW wagon with a Genesis Coupe grill.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

So far, the substantiated news/information on the B10 has been very disappointing. I’m in that window of buy now, or wait for the refresh. Typically it’s been my preference to wait the little extra time and get the newest/latest/greatest rather than buy the last of an outgoing design. Unfortunately there’s absolutely nothing that makes me want this upcoming model. That makes me really sad actually, because I want to want it, but man…they just changed too many of the design aspects that made me fall in love with my B9, which I get complemented on still, often actually.

One-word summary for what I’m seeing with this B10: Pedestrian
Old 01-05-2024, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I’m going to disagree with most of you and say I like this new design. It comes down to the shoulder crease on the B9/B9.5 A5 (which is also on the Q5) which most of you like because this is the sub forum for that model. You liked it, you bought it. I never liked it, which is why I replaced my gen 1 Q5 with the A4 allroad.

the comments likening this design to a Hyundai or other Asian model are patently disproved, as it is exactly those models that are cluttered with an assortment of creases and body lines that scream to the consumer “look! We have style!” Trying too hard, no doubt.

Classic automotive design typically means less is more. The best design Audi ever made for a mainline car is arguably the previous generation A7 which is all beautiful curves and no creases and lines. Just my opinion of course. YMMV
The following 2 users liked this post by Mythdoc:
Aviator6 (01-05-2024), mikeru (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by 2019RS5Sportback
So far, the substantiated news/information on the B10 has been very disappointing. I’m in that window of buy now, or wait for the refresh. Typically it’s been my preference to wait the little extra time and get the newest/latest/greatest rather than buy the last of an outgoing design. Unfortunately there’s absolutely nothing that makes me want this upcoming model. That makes me really sad actually, because I want to want it, but man…they just changed too many of the design aspects that made me fall in love with my B9, which I get complemented on still, often actually.

One-word summary for what I’m seeing with this B10: Pedestrian
As for buying the “newest / latest / greatest” as someone who bought a 2018 S5, I’m taking the opposite argument as my philosophy due to the potential rocker-arm failure that may blowup my engine. This is my first (and, most likely, last) Audi and I bought it for all the boxes it checked off on my list. Unfortunately the rocker-arm issue was an unknown at the time as was the subsequent 3G / GoogleEarth fiasco. No, in my mind, I’d rather buy at the end of the cycle, after all the warts & problems have been identified / fixed.

Just my on-going philosophy — at least as far as a very expensive expenditure like an automobile.

— John
The following users liked this post:
mikeru (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 105 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BlakeV
Another so-so B10 A5 SB rendering. They mention a likely V6 for S5 / RS5 (looking at you, M-B).

https://www.actu-automobile.com/2023...-a5-sportback/

This isn't too bad, but I still wouldn't buy it as I prefer the style of performance trim levels (M, AMG, RS). I may be getting older, but I'm still not ready for a calm cruiser.

What I dislike about this rendering:
  • The grill. It's too soft and the shape screams Ford Fusion to me (I know its not exactly like it, but that is what I think of when I see it).
  • The black line under the grill that connects the radar sensors looks too tall to me.
  • The rear "light bar" style taillights. I'm not really a fan, but I think it could be styled a bit better. Maybe make it a bit thinner across the center?
Differences that don't bother me:
  • Framed windows
  • Moving away from the clam shell hood
  • Door handles
This said, I would still like to see the official production design before giving my final opinion on it.
I am also curious to see the design differences the RS will have.
The following 2 users liked this post by KOSTIC:
mikeru (01-05-2024), Mslc (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
As for buying the “newest / latest / greatest” as someone who bought a 2018 S5, I’m taking the opposite argument as my philosophy due to the potential rocker-arm failure that may blowup my engine. This is my first (and, most likely, last) Audi and I bought it for all the boxes it checked off on my list. Unfortunately the rocker-arm issue was an unknown at the time as was the subsequent 3G / GoogleEarth fiasco. No, in my mind, I’d rather buy at the end of the cycle, after all the warts & problems have been identified / fixed.

Just my on-going philosophy — at least as far as a very expensive expenditure like an automobile.

— John

Yup, anyone who experienced the rocker-arm issue (luckily my late-build RS5 with the improved rocker-arm design was spared) would have a legit gripe. However, that defective part design spanned several years and was not solely attributed to year #1 or even just the A5 model. My comments were simply pointing out my own impending choice between current vs. refresh, not necessarily meaning I would be buying the first production run. I typically wait at least one year.

Regardless, the opinions and decisions for everyone are based on whatever is most meaningful, individually. For me, I am a “car guy” and I want to feel passionate about my cars, not blah. So far, I’m not feeling it (at all) for this new design, but time will tell. Perhaps the RS5 will surprise us/me. As mentioned in some other posts, I am actually leaning towards the RSQ8, which is also awaiting its refreshed release. Until then, I’m perfectly happy with my B9, albeit a bit jealous of the 9.5 competition version

The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So, you guys that own or like these Audi 4-door cars, like the A4/S4, A5/S5, and A6/S6 ...

With the new EV-only cars coming, do you think they are going to keep all those 4-door cars as ICE-only or PHEV?
Old 01-05-2024, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KOSTIC
  • Framed windows
Good catch.

That can't be right ... on an Audi 5-series car ?
Old 01-05-2024, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
So, you guys that own or like these Audi 4-door cars, like the A4/S4, A5/S5, and A6/S6 ...

With the new EV-only cars coming, do you think they are going to keep all those 4-door cars as ICE-only or PHEV?

I think with the reality of the National deficiencies in charging infrastructure, coupled with range limitations, vehicle costs (at least the higher end makes/models) and the general overall EV adoption curve, you’re starting to see these automobile manufacturers wiggle a little on their previous “all-in” stances on electrification. Consumers aren’t adopting as quickly as they’d all hoped, for all the valid reasons mentioned. So, EVs aren’t selling to plan. What that does to influence PHEV’s? Time will tell. I’m not a EV guy per se, but I know it’s coming and won’t be surprised by it landing squarely in these models. That all said, those types of design decisions are typically planned many years in advance. So if they move these Audi models to PHEVs, it will be because it was in the pipeline for a long time already.

Quick Reply: 2025 Audi B10 A5 spotted