Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Color Choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5/S5 Color Choice

How did you all come to decide on the color of your new 5?

I have a glacier white Q5 now and want a change. I've always liked the batch of grey's that Audi has so I settled on Manhattan Grey. Glisse's S5 SB is stunning, hoping I feel like that when I see mine in person in a few months. All that said there are many other great colors.

The delay of Black Optics here in the states is a killer but I think I can work around that, at least for the chrome door trim if I don't like it.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Navarra Blue is the most interesting color on offer. I'm sick of seeing the usual shades of grey and silver cars all the time.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JSING

I have a glacier white Q5 now and want a change. I've always liked the batch of grey's that Audi has so I settled on Manhattan Grey. Glisse's S5 SB is stunning, hoping I feel like that when I see mine in person in a few months. All that said there are many other great colors.

The delay of Black Optics here in the states is a killer but I think I can work around that, at least for the chrome door trim if I don't like it.
It's pretty tough without being able to see the entire car in person. I mostly went by looking at the 2018 S5 coupes. The only problem is the colors on the online configurator doesn't give an accurate portrayal of the colors.

Now that the coupes are showing up in the states, I started by looking at cars.com and Autotrader with the radius as far out as possible to see the colors in the dealer's photos. After seeing the Navarra blue in the photos I was hooked. Looks way better than the Audi configurator and the silver/chrome trim compliments the dark blue very well. I wanted a color that was different but not overly gaudy.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JSING

How do you plan on working around that? I have the same issue.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by skup
How do you plan on working around that? I have the same issue.
I would imagine he's referring to getting a vinyl wrap on the trim pieces. Pretty easy, cost effective method for changing colors.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Black Optics was introduced on the A4/S4 last week. I can't believe it's far away for the A5/S5.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stankia
I think Navarra Blue is the most interesting color on offer. I'm sick of seeing the usual shades of grey and silver cars all the time.
That is why I went with Matador Red on my A5 Sportback, it isn't a color you see very often and yet has a very upscale and refined look to it.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kmdr2
It's pretty tough without being able to see the entire car in person. I mostly went by looking at the 2018 S5 coupes. The only problem is the colors on the online configurator doesn't give an accurate portrayal of the colors.

Now that the coupes are showing up in the states, I started by looking at cars.com and Autotrader with the radius as far out as possible to see the colors in the dealer's photos. After seeing the Navarra blue in the photos I was hooked. Looks way better than the Audi configurator and the silver/chrome trim compliments the dark blue very well. I wanted a color that was different but not overly gaudy.
Can you order Navarro Blue with the Red Nappa?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kmdr2
I would imagine he's referring to getting a vinyl wrap on the trim pieces. Pretty easy, cost effective method for changing colors.
As stated above it's hard to get a read on if I'll like the chrome with Manhattan or not, Glisse's is my best reference. If I don't like it yes I'll just vinyl wrap the window trim. Grill not as easy and I wouldn't touch it if I lease.

Navarro Blue is great no doubt about it....but an S5 SB is 10K more, maybe next time.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
Black Optics was introduced on the A4/S4 last week. I can't believe it's far away for the A5/S5.
Black Optics is coming on the 4's a year after initial release in the 2018 build guide, yes it'll come for the 5's but I'd expect it as a late 2018 or 2019 option. Patience is a virtue....

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Color Choice