Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5, S5, RS5 B9.5 Matrix LED Headlight Activation Information...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
These are the extra goodies I discussed with Sam while he was upgrading the lights:

Tire Pressure in Virtual Cockpit
Wait, tire pressure display is just a coding option?

DaveGee
Old 02-19-2024, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Wait, tire pressure display is just a coding option?

DaveGee
I will take a picture of the display when I get back in the car later today and then post it.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

Old 02-20-2024, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t think this TPMS show will work unless you have internal tire sensors, which you can recognize by metal tire Valves.
id love to have a TPMS display without having to rewire a sensor and put internal tire sensors on, rather than my external sensors and cheaply separate display.
id love to hear other comments.
i have a 2021 S5 sport back, not a A6, as mentioned.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 618 Likes on 445 Posts

You need to have the individual tire sensors and the receiver and antenna installed in the car.
The following users liked this post:
dezurita07 (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

correct folks... have HAVE to have the hardware to provide the data. the software change is only to allow you to SEE the data the hardware can show.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

Yes, this is correct. Your car must have the active TPMS system installed from the factory to see tire pressure data live. Most of the B9 and B9.5 are not factory fitted with the active TPMS system but instead a passive system that just looks at individual wheel speed to see if a tire is deflated or deflating.

With that said the B9 and B9.5 can add the active TPMS system with a full retrofit setup:

Website Link: Tire Pressure Monitoring System Retrofit Package <-Click Link for More Information

If you aren't sure if this product applies to your car just shoot over a VIN via email to check: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 02-20-2024 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Audi is moving to a stricter security protocol which some of you have already run into this while trying to code simple things on your 2024 models. Due to this stricter protocol we have been preparing so that the activation service and other remote procedures are never interrupted.

We have moved away from the venerable, tried and true VAS5054A interface to the more advanced DoIP capable VAS6154A interface. These new VAS6154A interfaces will make activations faster plus after quite a bit of testing and sorting all of these interfaces that come with your order from Europrice will be fully updated to handle the newest SFD2 security protocols which are coming soon.

This means new activations and any re-activations for current customers will occur without skipping a beat when the newest security protocols are put into place, plus shorter activation times!

Website Link: Matrix LED Headlight Activation Product Information <-Click Link for More Information

Don't get caught out with the wrong or non updated equipment that won't be able to activate everything that you want or even anything at all when SFD2 is fully implemented.

If you have any questions or needs other than those posted above please don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers!

Old 06-06-2024, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

In the case of anyone who wants to borrow or use a friend's or shop's VAS interface you can do the following.

Go here:

Website Link: Matrix LED Headlight Activation <-Click Link for More Information

Select: VAS Interface Rental ($300 Deposit Voided on Return)

You will still see that $300 deposit in your checkout but don't worry! When your order is processed that $300 deposit will be voided immediately. With that said make sure that the VAS5054A or VAS6154 is not the type that requires third party drivers. Also for any 2024 models you must have a VAS6154 on hand to do the activation.

A quick email before ordering if you plan to do this is advised just to confirm that the VAS interface you plan to use will work for your application and is the proper type: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 06-16-2024, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

a question here.
i have matrix LED headlight.

do i need to turn on auto high-beam for it to work?
will it work if there is no auto high-beam icon (i did not engage the auto high-beam)?

can this auto-high beam be permanently on when ever i start the car?
i need to manually engage it every time i start my car.

Quick Reply: A5, S5, RS5 B9.5 Matrix LED Headlight Activation Information...