Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Connect broken?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Audi Connect broken?

Sent an address to car from app. Tried to retrieve from car (done this a dozen times so far) and I was prompted to login which was odd. I've tried using the PIN and typing out my login and password and it keeps saying it's wrong. I have no clue if it's my account or the service is just having issues. Anybody else? The app appears to still work fine I just can't retrieve myAudi contacts.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did your pin reset? If you reset your pin you have to go back in and enter your vehicle code that came in your key set.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Did your pin reset? If you reset your pin you have to go back in and enter your vehicle code that came in your key set.
Very odd, I basically kept trying to login and eventually it worked. The pin still doesn't work although I logged in successfully (using my phone browser) to the myaudi site and changed my PIN. Old PIN didn't work and even new PIN didn't work. But eventually login credentials worked. Seems like a bug
Old 08-19-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Very odd, I basically kept trying to login and eventually it worked. The pin still doesn't work although I logged in successfully (using my phone browser) to the myaudi site and changed my PIN. Old PIN didn't work and even new PIN didn't work. But eventually login credentials worked. Seems like a bug
I noticed that when I took delivery of my car earlier this week, I was not able to see google maps. I also noticed that when I was trying to login I kept getting a "myAudi server is not available" message or something along these lines. I call Audi Connect and the issue was actually very simple to fix - all I did was to change the "privacy" setting a couple of times to allow the car to be "seeing" by the server. It seems that some cars that were manufactured in Germany starting on 6/17 may have been sent to the US with the privacy activated, which prevents connection with the server. Once I did that, google maps came up and I was able to login into the MMI using my PIN number.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
I noticed that when I took delivery of my car earlier this week, I was not able to see google maps. I also noticed that when I was trying to login I kept getting a "myAudi server is not available" message or something along these lines. I call Audi Connect and the issue was actually very simple to fix - all I did was to change the "privacy" setting a couple of times to allow the car to be "seeing" by the server. It seems that some cars that were manufactured in Germany starting on 6/17 may have been sent to the US with the privacy activated, which prevents connection with the server. Once I did that, google maps came up and I was able to login into the MMI using my PIN number.
Where do you change this? I doubt that's my issue since it was working for two months. Also my Google Maps and Audi Connect still worked. Just couldn't login to myAudi
Old 08-20-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Where do you change this? I doubt that's my issue since it was working for two months. Also my Google Maps and Audi Connect still worked. Just couldn't login to myAudi
MMI>Audi Connect> Click the "+" and you will get the following screen:

Select "Privacy" and then you will have the option to change the current setting. First I enabled the privacy mode (wait a few seconds to effectuate the change), which effectively prevent data access to the car. Then I disabled the privacy mode (enabled data connection)... This is kind of a "reset" of the data connection mode... it worked for me, but my situation is different from yours. It doesn't hurt to try.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just saw this posting at the B9 A4 forum. It definitely relates to the issue I had, but may provide a clue to yours too : https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...round-2929987/