Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Auto Hold Button Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by paulhiggs
I have all the wiring in place ad in OBDeleven have set bit 6 of 09-Central Electronics to 1

Do both bytes in the 03-ABS setting need to be be changed before being saved? If I try to save the Byte 18 change before making the Byte 30 change, I get an error "(31) Function not available" in OBeleven.

Paul
Yes they need to be changed simultaneously.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Presto... works perfectly
When the Autohold is activated, lifting your foot off the brake pedal restarts the engine.

Noticed this "PARK" inducation on the dash when active (above the VC area).

Old 10-24-2019, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by channey13
It looks like 4Rings' website has been "under construction" since 7/31 so they may be out of business and I may have the last one.
I emailed 4rings while their site was under construction and ordered one anyway!
Old 06-17-2020, 09:40 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Reviving an old thread — maybe some of the Newer Members are not aware of this aftermarket solution — I ordered the Kufatec Kit last week and it arrived today. With this installed and enabled, when your car comes to a complete stop, you can remove your foot from the brake and the car stays stationary, with the brake lights on. Enabling the e-brake will not leave the brake lights on (potential safety hazard). When you’re ready to go, tapping the gas pedal will remove the brakes and you’re off again.

What do you get for approximately $175 (at last weeks exchange rate) in the kit?

Genuine VW / Audi Switch that mounts in the console

Complete Wiring Harness (Kufatec Assembled & Tested)

Kufatec OBD Auto-Feature Programming Dongle

Once your order is accepted you will receive an e-mail link that allows you to download the 19 page Installation Guide, which has all the steps necessary to install the new switch and wiring harness and then plug in the feature programming dongle that makes the Audi programming automatic.

If you read through this thread, you’ll see various posts about what exactly this kit provides as well as some step-by-step instructions.

NOTE: There are two different kits discussed within this thread. This kit requires soldering a wire in the installation, but no need for a VAG-COM or OBD Eleven to software code the features. The other kit, 4Rungs requires no soldering but does require a programming tool to enable the software coding. Pick Your Poison.

Due to some scheduling, I will not be installing mine for about 2 weeks but I will update this thread when it’s installed.

— John

Last edited by Nikon1; 06-17-2020 at 09:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nikon1:
heymoe (06-18-2020), synergize (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Reviving an old thread — maybe some of the Newer Members are not aware of this aftermarket solution — I ordered the Kufatec Kit last week and it arrived today. With this installed and enabled, when your car comes to a complete stop, you can remove your foot from the brake and the car stays stationary, with the brake lights on. Enabling the e-brake will not leave the brake lights on (potential safety hazard). When you’re ready to go, tapping the gas pedal will remove the brakes and you’re off again.

What do you get for approximately $175 (at last weeks exchange rate) in the kit?

Once your order is accepted you will receive an e-mail link that allows you to download the 19 page Installation Guide, which has all the steps necessary to install the new switch and wiring harness and then plug in the feature programming dongle that makes the Audi programming automatic.

If you read through this thread, you’ll see various posts about what exactly this kit provides as well as some step-by-step instructions.

NOTE: There are two different kits discussed within this thread. This kit requires soldering a wire in the installation, but no need for a VAG-COM or OBD Eleven to software code the features. The other kit, 4Rungs requires no soldering but does require a programming tool to enable the software coding. Pick Your Poison.

Due to some scheduling, I will not be installing mine for about 2 weeks but I will update this thread when it’s installed.

— John
Soldering with the proper (gun & tip / solder )would be more efficient than coding, kind of difficult to screw up soldering unless it's in a difficult place to reach. When I do this it will be solder.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Club AutoUnion

And, to add to your thoughts, there seemed to be some “drama” around the 4Rings company, not the product. Kufatec is a well known and respected manufacturer / vendor, so that really made my choice for me.

As always — YMMV.

— John
Old 06-17-2020, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And, to add to your thoughts, there seemed to be some “drama” around the 4Rings company, not the product. Kufatec is a well known and respected manufacturer / vendor, so that really made my choice for me.

As always — YMMV.

— John
Thanks for the info. Can you include the link to the product page? Apologies if I missed this. I have this in one of my other cars and it is a "nice to have".
Old 06-17-2020, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

As always — YMMV.

— John
Agreed Kufatec is the way to go. It's the soldering that worries me. I haven't in a long, long time.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:46 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
Thanks for the info. Can you include the link to the product page? Apologies if I missed this. I have this in one of my other cars and it is a "nice to have".
No problem — just make sure you order the correct part for “Left Hand Drive” or “Right Hand Drive”

Kufatec Auto Hold Button

— John
The following users liked this post:
exmeaguy (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 11:48 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ
Agreed Kufatec is the way to go. It's the soldering that worries me. I haven't in a long, long time.
It’s only (1) bare wire in the (4) wire loom. Talking with a friend who installed this already, it’s a pretty easy mod to complete as long as you take your time.

— John

Quick Reply: Auto Hold Button Installation