Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Auto Hold Button Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
It’s only (1) bare wire in the (4) wire loom. Talking with a friend who installed this already, it’s a pretty easy mod to complete as long as you take your time.

— John
Looking forward to your update - I miss this feature from my VW.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

To anyone who will be buying / installing this Kufatec kit, you should mark the (3) wires with ID Tags before starting — this helpful advice from the friend who has already installed his kit. As witnessed in the picture below, the cables are marked . . . but when you’re working in a cramped foot well with a flashlight for illumination, bigger cable ID tags make life easier!

— John
The following users liked this post:
exmeaguy (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I just ordered and received the same kit. I was very impressed with the service, came from Germany in less than a week with great communication. Although the instructions say to ground and tap into illumination under the dash, I’m going to do it right at the switch. Figure it will be easier than trying to solder under the dash.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:49 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Mikey T
I just ordered and received the same kit. I was very impressed with the service, came from Germany in less than a week with great communication. Although the instructions say to ground and tap into illumination under the dash, I’m going to do it right at the switch. Figure it will be easier than trying to solder under the dash.
I think that’s what the kit from 4Rings did if I read the post a couple of pages back correctly: they had a jumper cable that tied into the e-brake switch.

Good luck and post up your mod and how it works out for you.

— John
Mikey T (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I think that’s what the kit from 4Rings did if I read the post a couple of pages back correctly: they had a jumper cable that tied into the e-brake switch.

Good luck and post up your mod and how it works out for you.

— John
Will do! Unfortunately my S5 SB won’t be here until August/September. The wife thinks I’m crazy already buying parts for it.
Nikon1 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 02:30 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Mikey T
Will do! Unfortunately my S5 SB won’t be here until August/September. The wife thinks I’m crazy already buying parts for it.

I was the same way: I ordered mine in March and started buying “small upgrades” though the car was not due in until June / July. Luckily my wife “knew” how I was before she married me.

— John
Old 08-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 589 Likes on 384 Posts

So I got my Kufatec kit installed and it's working as expected but I have one question. Under the trim that runs along the driver's door I now have this loose white wire that looks like it may be an antenna and possibly a directional one because it has a loop at the end. As I put everything back together, I'm wondering if the loop needs to be in the vertical plane as shown in the picture or if it needs to be in the horizontal plane. For those who have done this installation, did you notice how you left this wire when you reinstalled the trim?

Old 08-30-2020, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got done installing the Kufatec kit and the most difficult part, as expected, was getting that damn trim piece back on next to the door. Watching the video that people here posted for removing the center console is a must. I tested it and it works.

For the people that installed using Kufatec I have two observations if you can confirm if it's the same with your install. The first thing is that with auto hold turned on, once I go in reverse it gets turned off, meaning when I put the car back in "drive" I have to push the button to turn it on again. The other thing is that when I turn the car off and after about 5 seconds or so, I get two parking light flashes (4-ways). It never did this before the install. Does anyone else notice these two things? Both are just annoyances more than anything, but I want to see if consistent with others and if there is something I can do with OBDeleven to adjust. I will also follow-up with Kufatec.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 589 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
I just got done installing the Kufatec kit and the most difficult part, as expected, was getting that damn trim piece back on next to the door. Watching the video that people here posted for removing the center console is a must. I tested it and it works.

For the people that installed using Kufatec I have two observations if you can confirm if it's the same with your install. The first thing is that with auto hold turned on, once I go in reverse it gets turned off, meaning when I put the car back in "drive" I have to push the button to turn it on again. The other thing is that when I turn the car off and after about 5 seconds or so, I get two parking light flashes (4-ways). It never did this before the install. Does anyone else notice these two things? Both are just annoyances more than anything, but I want to see if consistent with others and if there is something I can do with OBDeleven to adjust. I will also follow-up with Kufatec.
I used the kufatec dongle as well and I'm not getting the same results as yours. When reverse is engaged, auto hold turns off but only momentarily. It comes back on by itself when exiting reverse. And no double light flash either.

Although I used the kufatec dongle, I used my OBDeleven afterwards and confirmed the changes made are the same as described in post #32.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read all 20 pages of this topic, but could not find an answer to this question:
  • how to set auto hold function to turn back on again after driving in reverse?

Maybe some option that can be enabled with VCDS / odb11?

Quick Reply: Auto Hold Button Installation