Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 Sport Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default B9 RS5 Sport Exhaust Question

I'm having trouble getting clear answer on this when I search but I read on a post somewhere that the only difference between the sport exhaust that comes with the dynamic package is the tips are finished in black. Can anyone confirm if the tips are the only difference between sport and non sport exhaust? I would have thought the plumbing and sound would be a little different. If tips are the only difference then I'm skipping the dynamic package since im fine with fixed suspension and don't need to have red calipers.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 606 Likes on 436 Posts

The sports exhaust is louder and more pronounced.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

The sport exhaust is marginally louder. If thats the only thing you care about then better to skip it and get an after market exhaust.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys. Just wanted to confirm there is at least some difference other than tip color.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone have an example(ie. video) of a Sport Exhaust RS5 with a Catless downpipe, resonator delete and secondary resonator delete. So basically it would be straight through to the sport mufflers. Also can anyone confirm the sport exhaust piping diameter?

Thanks

Sean
Old 02-23-2021, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

My neighbor and I both have 2019 RS5. His has the sport exhaust, mine does not.

we have compared, cold start on his is a bit louder (has a bit more resonance) at idle. Once warm I really don’t notice much of a difference to be honest, especially inside the car.

would love to know hardware wise what is different.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MCRN
My neighbor and I both have 2019 RS5. His has the sport exhaust, mine does not.

we have compared, cold start on his is a bit louder (has a bit more resonance) at idle. Once warm I really don’t notice much of a difference to be honest, especially inside the car.

would love to know hardware wise what is different.
Fully agree. I’m starting to think its more marketing, less sport
The following users liked this post:
garberfc (02-25-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankThomas
I'm having trouble getting clear answer on this when I search but I read on a post somewhere that the only difference between the sport exhaust that comes with the dynamic package is the tips are finished in black. Can anyone confirm if the tips are the only difference between sport and non sport exhaust? I would have thought the plumbing and sound would be a little different. If tips are the only difference then I'm skipping the dynamic package since im fine with fixed suspension and don't need to have red calipers.
dynamic package gets you red brake calipers instead of black
it gives you the sport exhaust that has valves that you can open and close (based on driving mode)
plus the killer is the dynamic ride control which gives you soft or firm suspension
I've been in the market looking for an RS5 and it's very hard to find one without dynamic package and the Nappa leather
The following users liked this post:
MCRN (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the standard exhaust... I have a client that has the sport exhaust... we literally had both cars side by side and could not hear a difference. If there is one it is very very slight.
black tips do blend with the car better though.
One more thing... I ran my 100% stock Sportback non dynamic package RS5 at the drag strip.. made three passes best was 11.69 at 115.7... I’ve only heard of one stock B9 RS5 quicker and its a coupe at 11.61... so surely no extra power from the sport exhaust.

Last edited by IamRacerX; 02-24-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 606 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by IamRacerX
I have the standard exhaust... I have a client that has the sport exhaust... we literally had both cars side by side and could not hear a difference. If there is one it is very very slight.
black tips do blend with the car better though.
One more thing... I ran my 100% stock Sportback non dynamic package RS5 at the drag strip.. made three passes best was 11.69 at 115.7... I’ve only heard of one stock B9 RS5 quicker and its a coupe at 11.61... so surely no extra power from the sport exhaust.
The sport exhaust is purely for sound.

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 Sport Exhaust Question