Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

I had an aftermarket RS gille on my A4 Avant for many years. For me the black optics S5 grille is a welcome change and I'm keeping it. Also I'm now well aware of all the issues with swapping an RS grille, such as keeping the crash bar black, the reduced front impact protection (cracked my A4 grille a couple of times and had to piece it back together, once from bumper impact and once from a mere piece of ice flying at me), and peeling chrome surround after a few years. And on top of that, now that every A5/S5 will have it, it's just not that special anymore. But hey if you prefer the look of the honeycomb grille, that's the only reason you need to get it.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any of you ordered the grille with camera mount option the ebay seller offers? Does that one or the 3D print mount the best route to go? Thanks
Old 05-07-2020, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

*Is
Old 05-08-2020, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mituey
Have any of you ordered the grille with camera mount option the ebay seller offers? Does that one or the 3D print mount the best route to go? Thanks
The one from ebay sellers stick out very obnoxiously. I went with the 3D print one and looks much better.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are looking at the singe-mesh style (no secondary lower grille) then this is the camera mount you get:

I uploaded a more OEM-like mount that you can 3D print in this thread LINK
Old 05-08-2020, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I appreciate it!
Old 05-08-2020, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Guys, New guy Joining mid thread but better late than never.

A couple things I would like to add, especially being new to the Audi "modification" scene. Just want to provide a little background. Hope you find my experience to date helpful.

1. As I've been discussing in another thread, the eBay sellers are currently not shipping to the U.S due to the COVID situation. I asked two sellers and both said they were NOT willing to pay for UPS/DHL shipping.
So after receiving that information, I found a website called German-car-accessories.com. At first it looked a little sketchy, but I emailed them and they quickly got back to me. Looks like this guy Harry runs the site, you can find his social media presence online fairly easily. It looks like he sells both V1 and V2. Basically just seems like an entrepreneur based out of Arizona who ships them from China. To be honest, I was getting a little worried because the grill took a long time to ship. After a shipping label was created, 10 days went by before it finally showed "shipped" on the tracking. It's currently showing a scheduled delivery of next Thursday. I will keep you guys updated on the quality/fitment of the grill when it arrives.

While I wait for the grill to get here, I wanted to ask a question or two. I know this has been debated heavily in other threads, but Bedliner or Vinyl wrap the crashbar? The technician installing it for me recommends matt black vinyl, but I wanted to see if there was a final consensus on this.

Anything else I should know in terms of the grill install?

Thanks,
Jared
Old 05-08-2020, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarednys5
While I wait for the grill to get here, I wanted to ask a question or two. I know this has been debated heavily in other threads, but Bedliner or Vinyl wrap the crashbar? The technician installing it for me recommends matt black vinyl, but I wanted to see if there was a final consensus on this.
Another option to consider is the OE RS5 crash-bar cover (~$45). Needs to be trimmed to fit but delivers a near OE look to the grille. I documented the process and my install in the thread linked above (post #305).
Old 05-09-2020, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s5ecific
Another option to consider is the OE RS5 crash-bar cover (~$45). Needs to be trimmed to fit but delivers a near OE look to the grille. I documented the process and my install in the thread linked above (post #305).
Thanks for the info S5ecific, really great post with all the pictures!
The following users liked this post:
s5ecific (05-09-2020)