Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Back into another B9 (RS5 this time)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Another one taking a chance on the front license plate, eh?

Such a bummer Ford backed out on that law change...
I wish I didn't have to put one on but I will soon enough. I bought the car in Quebec so it didn't come with a front plate holder, and the black optics version is on back order (so I keep the plate and invoice/email handy in case I get pulled over).
Old 11-22-2020, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iampraneel
what’s the penalty in CAD if you get pulled over?
I believe it used to be $110 but I think they reduced it to $85. I would take the chance of running no plate, but I feel like they will be a--holes and ticket me for my tinted windows while they're at it.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I wish I didn't have to put one on but I will soon enough. I bought the car in Quebec so it didn't come with a front plate holder, and the black optics version is on back order (so I keep the plate and invoice/email handy in case I get pulled over).
Are they that tight on the front plate in Canada? I haven't had a front plate on any of my car in the last 20 years and I have only gotten 1 fix it ticket.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wiz33
Are they that tight on the front plate in Canada? I haven't had a front plate on any of my car in the last 20 years and I have only gotten 1 fix it ticket.
I'm not sure, this has been my first time running without one. I'm conflicted...I want to just keep it off and hope I don't get a ticket (I can deal with the fine) but I just don't want to get a fix it ticket for my tinted windows. That could turn much more costly.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiz33
From my own experience, yeah they are. Everyone I know who has run without a front plate usually makes it about a month before they get a ticket. They don't do anything to attract attention either, the police are just really strict when it comes to front plates. Sometimes the offices are cool about it, other times they go over the car with a fine tooth comb and look for anything else to ticket you on.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 11-23-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
From my own experience, yeah they are. Everyone I know who has run without a front plate usually makes it about a month before they get a ticket. They don't do anything to attract attention either, the police are just really strict when it comes to front plates. Sometimes the offices are cool about it, other times they go over the car with a fine tooth comb and look for anything else to ticket you on.
And that's exactly why I don't want to risk it. A $110 fine could turn into $4-500 in fines, and having to redo my tinted windows, etc. I've always flown under the radar with the darker than legal windows, but I also wasn't drawing attention from not having a front plate.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
And that's exactly why I don't want to risk it. A $110 fine could turn into $4-500 in fines, and having to redo my tinted windows, etc. I've always flown under the radar with the darker than legal windows, but I also wasn't drawing attention from not having a front plate.
You have to pick and choose your battles. I have been running a front plate recently in MA because I have had tinted windshields... that is definitely not legal. LOL
Old 12-05-2020, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice..congrats...Nardo was my 1st choice color wise but wifey veto'd for Daytona Pearl Gray Metallic....happy wife...you get to buy the RS5!
LOL
Old 12-05-2020, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Nice..congrats...Nardo was my 1st choice color wise but wifey veto'd for Daytona Pearl Gray Metallic....happy wife...you get to buy the RS5!
LOL
Daytona was my second choice as well. But really I held out for a Nardo in my spec for a LONG time. My wife actually really likes the color but wouldn't want to have it. She loves the black on her Q7 but is quickly seeing how hard it is to keep clean (despite being ceramic coated).
Old 12-09-2020, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

What's the part number for the front license plate holder for the RS5?

Quick Reply: Back into another B9 (RS5 this time)