Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Can you permanently turn off auto start stop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I got 500 free credits with the purchase of the pro model, and I've done everything I can think of so far (still have 350 credits left).
Did you code the turn signal (number of blinks 3,5,7) with just a lite press of the stalk). Easy entry, or the Welcome Sound? If you did the Welcome Sound which one did you get, chimes or Heartbeat? You can code the duration of the massage seats too. You can also turn off the white light bar above the front door speaker. Double Beep when unlocking the front doors. Emergency brake light flash and low and high beams on at the same time...and my favorite coded off the Soundakator...and enable the Sport Display in HUD...cant remember all the others.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Did you code the turn signal (number of blinks 3,5,7) with just a lite press of the stalk). Easy entry, or the Welcome Sound? If you did the Welcome Sound which one did you get, chimes or Heartbeat? You can code the duration of the massage seats too. You can also turn off the white light bar above the front door speaker. Double Beep when unlocking the front doors. Emergency brake light flash and low and high beams on at the same time...and my favorite coded off the Soundakator...and enable the Sport Display in HUD...cant remember all the others.
I changed the turn signal to 5 (there wasn't anything available past 5...not that I need any more). I don't like easy entry so kept that off, and my car already came with the heartbeat welcome sound. I did a few other long code things to get rid of the lap timer in the HUD and give me the acceleration meter in the gauges. Hmm what else...oh I tried to switch it so the rear lights stay on while your front DRL are on, but it said mine was already set up like that (I'll have to check tomorrow during the day). I'm going to play around some more tonight once my wife falls asleep lol
Old 12-23-2021, 05:35 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 589 Likes on 384 Posts

I changed the turn signal to 5 (there wasn't anything available past 5...not that I need any more). I don't like easy entry so kept that off, and my car already came with the heartbeat welcome sound. I did a few other long code things to get rid of the lap timer in the HUD and give me the acceleration meter in the gauges. Hmm what else...oh I tried to switch it so the rear lights stay on while your front DRL are on, but it said mine was already set up like that (I'll have to check tomorrow during the day). I'm going to play around some more tonight once my wife falls asleep lol
Do a full backup, can be useful one day.
The following users liked this post:
Burrcold (12-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm going to play around some more tonight once my wife falls asleep lol
LOL: you will have a superbly personalized car when finished, the way it should be in all cars, Audi & OBDEleven rock!
Burrcold (12-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
Do a full backup, can be useful one day.
Just did one. Does this save every setting in the car? I'm assuming not your personalized settings (seats, stereo settings, etc etc)?
Old 12-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 589 Likes on 384 Posts

Just did one. Does this save every setting in the car? I'm assuming not your personalized settings (seats, stereo settings, etc etc)?
It gets you back to a known good state if you ever screw something up by mistake. I think the settings you listed are tied to your account in the cloud, not to the car modules.
Burrcold (12-23-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 03:25 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,215 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Don't forget to get your free credits everyday, 6 a day and they add up quick, just ask Nikon1, right John?
After my 6 free credits this morning my total is (drum roll, please) . . .

Truth In Advertising: Not all of these credits were free — I think when I bought the OBD version 2 I also got 1,000 bonus credits. That said, I have no idea how many credits I’ve used in setting different parameters or trying different Apps.

At this point, I just open the OBD app in the morning and click through the ads over coffee or other “things.”

They do add up.

— John
synergize (12-24-2021)
Old 05-16-2022, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Got a good chuckle out of this solution for automating the defeat of the AutoStop feature on Reddit.

Reddit
synergize (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snafu_
Got a good chuckle out of this solution for automating the defeat of the AutoStop feature on Reddit.

Reddit
Yeah, that provoked a good laugh out of me!

Old 05-16-2022, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by snafu_

Reddit
Rube Goldberg would be proud

Quick Reply: Can you permanently turn off auto start stop?