Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Car transport

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car transport

Hello, looking to ship my car from Arkansas to California, but not sure where to start looking in regards to auto transportation companies.

Has anyone transported their vehicles like this in the past and have recommendations? Thank you!
Old Today, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://summitautotransport.com/

I used them to ship a Land Cruiser from Michigan to Arizona.
Old Today, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Natty, there are a couple of high end companies and then there's everyone else. I typically used enclosed, not an open trailer.
Old Today, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I shipped a car I bought in Cali to Pennsylvania but it was back in 2003. Super easy to set up and cost me $1200 back then.
Old Today, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts

I used “Move Auto” in January of this year. They moved my Audi in a two-vehicle enclosed trailer. While it was supposed take 2-6 days from California to Texas, they did it in about 24 hours. Didn’t pay anything up front and only paid when the car was offloaded and inspected. While I was nervous as hell they did a great job and there were no surprises. Aside from a little dust the car arrived exactly as it was loaded.
Old Today, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombie5150
I used “Move Auto” in January of this year. They moved my Audi in a two-vehicle enclosed trailer. While it was supposed take 2-6 days from California to Texas, they did it in about 24 hours. Didn’t pay anything up front and only paid when the car was offloaded and inspected. While I was nervous as hell they did a great job and there were no surprises. Aside from a little dust the car arrived exactly as it was loaded.
Just curious on what you paid? I plan to pay for enclosed transport when I ship my car back from Germany.
Old Today, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts

Well, I got three estimates. Reliable, McCollister and MA. Reliable quoted $2,400, McCollister $2,200 and MA $1,800. Now, I didn’t go with MA just because they were the cheapest. I went with them because they were the only one that didn’t require a payment up front. I was forewarned from my moving company (United) about companies requiring any money before they did anything. Same with the moving companies. United and Mayflower were the only ones I could find that didn’t want money beforehand. There’s probably some others but I didn’t find them. I got burned about 5 years ago from a sleezeball moving company that held my stuff for ransom and wouldn’t even open the truck unless I paid them. Soooo, this time I tried to do my homework. Both United and MA were fantastic in my book. I also generously tipped both entities.