Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Comfort Windows - Not working????

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Zell
I had the same issue on my A5. The windows would not open using the remote key button. The dealer couldn’t get it to work either. When I got home I reset the auto up/down feature by pressing and holding each window button on the driver door until the window was all of the way down and holding for an additional 2 seconds, and then raising and holding each button until the window was all the way up and holding for an additional 2 seconds. This seemed to fix the issue. The remote feature for opening/closing the windows has worked for me ever since I reset the windows.
Interesting. Since the OP's windows auto-closed with the door handle, I figured that reprogramming (resetting) the window positions would be moot, but maybe worth a try.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I reset the windows to fix the same problem
2018 S5 prestige coupe
Old 12-20-2018, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
Interesting. Since the OP's windows auto-closed with the door handle, I figured that reprogramming (resetting) the window positions would be moot, but maybe worth a try.
So I believe I've reset the windows (again) to no avail.
Still not working.
As there seems to be several methods online, it could be that I'm not doing it properly for the 2018 RS5.

Can someone post how they accomplished the window reset???
Old 12-21-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

I can.
Read it again. You can't close the windows with the remote.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

But @Zell says remote opening and closing the windows works on his car?

Also I see how that page in the owners manual can be confusing. The first para says all of the WINDOWS and roof can be opened/closed. But later under convenience closing feature explanation they make it sound like only the roof can be closed by the keyfob, and the windows (and roof) can be closed by the sensor.
The following users liked this post:
Scutu Mix (06-10-2020)
Old 12-21-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
But @Zell says remote opening and closing the windows works on his car?

Also I see how that page in the owners manual can be confusing. The first para says all of the WINDOWS and roof can be opened/closed. But later under convenience closing feature explanation they make it sound like only the roof can be closed by the keyfob, and the windows (and roof) can be closed by the sensor.
I just checked on my car. The windows and roof can both be opened and closed,with the remote. Regarding the door sensor, holding my hand on the inside of the door latch only unlocks the car, whereas, holding my hand against the outside Sensor will close the roof and windows, although confusing it appears as though that is what the manual says.
knadsady (07-27-2022)
Old 12-21-2018, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
Read it again. You can't close the windows with the remote.
Originally Posted by Richr
I just checked on my car. The windows and roof can both be opened and closed,with the remote.
Yes, as Richr confirmed as well, windows do both open and close via the remote - if that doesn't work for you, please read on...

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
Can someone post how they accomplished the window reset???
Funny story (maybe more just annoying?) Being winter, I have not used the remote open / close feature for a couple months. I know that I have opened them quite a bit with the remote, but wanted to double check the close feature. I go out to my garage and the remote open and close function both do nothing. Holding the sensor on the door? Nothing. I put the car in ACC mode (press the start once without foot on brake). From the driver's door window controls, put all the windows fully down. I then held each of those buttons down again (individually) for a couple seconds each to teach the bottom position. Tried all three open / close methods again - none worked. I then raised all the windows fully up. Individually held each button up for a couple seconds (all from the driver's door). Tested again - all open / close functions worked as they should.

Last edited by Trade_it_all_4_more; 12-22-2018 at 07:23 AM.
ALL4A4B8 (01-04-2022)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks - I will try again tomorrow.

Yes, a Richr confirmed as well, windows do both open and close via the remote - if that doesn't work for you, please read on...

Funny story (maybe more just annoying?) Being winter, I have not used the remote open / close feature for a couple months. I know that I have opened them quite a bit with the remote, but wanted to double check the close feature. I go out to my garage and the remote open and close function both do nothing. Holding the sensor on the door? Nothing. I put the car in ACC mode (press the start once without foot on brake). From the driver's door window controls, put all the windows fully down. I then held each of those buttons down again (individually) for a couple seconds each to teach the bottom position. Tried all three open / close methods again - none worked. I then raised all the windows fully up. Individually held each button up for a couple seconds (all from the driver's door). Tested again - all open / close functions worked as they should.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 2016 3.0quatroo

I've reset windows by rising the windows up and then holds buttons for 2seconds, working now, back on.. Thanks guys
Old 05-25-2020, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

A low key fob battery will also keep this feature from working properly!
knadsady (07-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Comfort Windows - Not working????