Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Factory Order - Dealer isn't refunding deposit

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Considering the number of posts you have on your account and the join date, almost seems like you work for the dealership. If you are, let me tell ya, I have a legal plan covered by my employer, and so for zero cost, I can work with an attorney. Too bad the agreement explicitly mentions the deposit is forfeited only if I do not purchase the vehicle before 15 days of it's arrival. I'd rather have the judge decide than letting you guys get a free pass on my money. I have paper trail on my conversations with the salesperson too, proving the car did not have a VIN on the date of cancellation, and also that the order was placed by you guys in July, way before my order date. I am curious to see what the judge thinks about it. See you guys in court, soon.
No I don't work for the dealership. I just saw this post while browsing for info on my sportback and had to chime in. Congrats on joining a whole month before me though. I signed a similar agreement when ordering my car. At the end of the day you were told the deposit is non refundable. Man up and act like a grown up for your actions instead of being a sue happy baby.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Tacoma... Ah yes... Won't ever forget the time I visited the dealership, didn't see what I wanted, and walked next door to look at a couple of Porsches. As I passed by the Audi dealership while walking back to my car, I had an Audi salesman literally yelling at me out on the lot, insulting me for looking at the Porsches next door. Ironically, both dealerships are owned by the same parent company. Purchased the S5 from Audi Seattle. Won't be going back to Audi Tacoma, ever...
Old 10-28-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Frankly not understanding the whole deposit in general, let alone signing that agreement.

My dealer ordered the car w/o a deposit, and that was initially on a Navarra/Magma combo that had some scared.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NICOL DUNN
No I don't work for the dealership. I just saw this post while browsing for info on my sportback and had to chime in. Congrats on joining a whole month before me though. I signed a similar agreement when ordering my car. At the end of the day you were told the deposit is non refundable. Man up and act like a grown up for your actions instead of being a sue happy baby.
There is no need to resort to name calling and snide comments. Not only is it rude but is a breach of the AW forum rules.

Last edited by snagitseven; 10-28-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if its the same in this case or not but I placed an order for a S5 SB in a special order color a month ago. The salesman specifically said the only reason he needed a deposit was due to the special order. He stated that at the time of arrival I had 15 days to complete purchase or deposit was lost and car would be placed on lot for sale. He also specifically said if order is canceled, deposit is lost. He highlighted this in the contract as he explained. Good Luck.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Frankly not understanding the whole deposit in general, let alone signing that agreement.

My dealer ordered the car w/o a deposit, and that was initially on a Navarra/Magma combo that had some scared.
Same here. Ordered for European delivery, they never asked for a deposit. I paid in full just before leaving for Europe.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Considering the number of posts you have on your account and the join date, almost seems like you work for the dealership. If you are, let me tell ya, I have a legal plan covered by my employer, and so for zero cost, I can work with an attorney. Too bad the agreement explicitly mentions the deposit is forfeited only if I do not purchase the vehicle before 15 days of it's arrival. I'd rather have the judge decide than letting you guys get a free pass on my money. I have paper trail on my conversations with the salesperson too, proving the car did not have a VIN on the date of cancellation, and also that the order was placed by you guys in July, way before my order date. I am curious to see what the judge thinks about it. See you guys in court, soon.
you are not correct. The agreement means you have 15 days to buy the car after it arrives, or you forfeit your deposit. Meaning you can't just drag your feet and not take delivery. Anything before that if you cancel, you also forfeit your deposit. Those deposit agreements are drawn out to be iron clad.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:35 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

If nothing else, this thread is a good life lesson!
Old 10-29-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
If nothing else, this thread is a good life lesson!
it certainly is. Lesson is that a signed contract means nothing to some people.

Last edited by JLoft; 10-29-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoft
it certainly is. Lesson is that a signed contract means nothing to some people.
To me a contract would be to protect the dealer from a loss of revenue. While legally they might be justified in keeping the deposit the ethical thing would be to refund it. The dealer isnt going to loss a dime on the car if they decide to take delivery. And they sure as hell are not going to discount the car a $1k for the next buyer. So actually they stand to make even more money on the deal in the end.
They are simply not being very smart.
For a mere $1k today they are losing the potental for all future profits from this buyer and now other potential customers influenced by this. Definalty a Bad business decision.

Quick Reply: Factory Order - Dealer isn't refunding deposit