Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

FR: how to disable the Loudness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, i tried the editor thing, downloaded dataset with VCP and changed file , verified checksum and uploaded with VCP, no sound changes but 5F full of errors... i will try it once more ....
kind regards

Rudi De Staercke
Old 05-08-2023, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NumberOneBot
Hi guys. I think you haven't seen my latest post
MIB 1/2/3 Sound Settings Editor - MQB Blog (mqb-blog.com)

Editor gets updates almost every day:

WOW, this is stunning. Lots of respect man, you made my day!
Now I just need to find a way to extract and upload the dataset . I read on your blog it can be done by using the M.I.B. tool. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction on how to do it? Or is it not that straight forward?
The following users liked this post:
Starcom (05-08-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by muilperen
WOW, this is stunning. Lots of respect man, you made my day!
Now I just need to find a way to extract and upload the dataset . I read on your blog it can be done by using the M.I.B. tool. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction on how to do it? Or is it not that straight forward?
I think I found it, gonna have to dig a bit deeper and try. Keep up the good work and thank you for all your efforts!
Starcom (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think I found it, gonna have to dig a bit deeper and try. Keep up the good work and thank you for all your efforts!
hello, if you are able to manipulatie the dataset 5f for 2018 A5 cabriolet 9VD , can you send me copy of dataset? Mine is messed up... lot of errors...
kind regards
Rudi De Staercke
Old 05-10-2023, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NumberOneBot
Hi guys. I think you haven't seen my latest post
MIB 1/2/3 Sound Settings Editor - MQB Blog (mqb-blog.com)

Editor gets updates almost every day:
I managed to get the data pasted in the 010 editor and save the file so it is readable by the editor. However, the changes to almost all the settings disappear whenever I change to another tab in the editor.
I messed around with the 101 editor as well to try to null all the gain settings for the Loudness by altering the bytes to 0 but without succes so far.
Starcom (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Copy dataset

hello, can you send me a copy of the dataset ?
Kind regards
Rudi

I managed to get the data pasted in the 010 editor and save the file so it is readable by the editor. However, the changes to almost all the settings disappear whenever I change to another tab in the editor.
I messed around with the 101 editor as well to try to null all the gain settings for the Loudness by altering the bytes to 0 but without succes so far.
Old 05-10-2023, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 734 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Starcom
hello, if you are able to manipulatie the dataset 5f for 2018 A5 cabriolet 9VD , can you send me copy of dataset? Mine is messed up... lot of errors...
kind regards
Rudi De Staercke
If your car has B&O 9VD then you should NOT be changing any parameters in 5F for the sound settings. All the sound settings for a B&O car are held in the B&O amp ecu module 47.
Also copying a dataset from a car that does not have B&O will cause you even more problems. Your best bet is to try and find a dataset backup from a car that matches yours as closely as possible.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
If your car has B&O 9VD then you should NOT be changing any parameters in 5F for the sound settings. All the sound settings for a B&O car are held in the B&O amp ecu module 47.
Also copying a dataset from a car that does not have B&O will cause you even more problems. Your best bet is to try and find a dataset backup from a car that matches yours as closely as possible.
Hallo, it is not b&o but audi sound system, 8w5035035c. It is a cabriolet and if the top is open the sound bass changes and got even louder..
Rudi
Old 05-11-2023, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Sounds like good advice 🙂. My car has the EU base system.