Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Gloss black Audi rings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 146 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by iampraneel
OP, from another post I think you said you have a coupe, correct?

if so, the rear rings aren’t the same on the coupe vs sportback. The part above are the rear rings for a sportback. i don’t have the part number for a coupe but someone else might.

I'm in the process of planning my own Dechrome job on my Sportback. Here's an imaga of coupe (black) vs Sportback (white)

Old 03-24-2021, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,255 Likes on 775 Posts

When you guys replace your badges make sure you tape them off, or it will be impossible to get them back where the factory installed them, they use a jig.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by synergize
When you guys replace your badges make sure you tape them off, or it will be impossible to get them back where the factory installed them, they use a jig.

Did you have a part # for a black S5 badge? And does it also come in gloss vs. matte/satin? Cheers.

Edit: Didn't seem to find them on the Latvian site, but here they are nonetheless: https://europrice.us/badge-set-s5-post-facelift-black

Last edited by inphra; 03-24-2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by inphra
Did you have a part # for a black S5 badge? And does it also come in gloss vs. matte/satin? Cheers.

Edit: Didn't seem to find them on the Latvian site, but here they are nonetheless: https://europrice.us/badge-set-s5-post-facelift-black
Sent you a PM concerning your post, since then, I found the info you seek:

Gloss Black Front Rings: 8T0853605 T94
Gloss Black Rear Rings (Coupe): 8W6853742A T94
Gloss Black Rear Rings (Sportback): 8W8853742A T94
Gloss Black Rings (Front & Rear) - Sportback: ZAW-098-010-E-DSP
Gloss Black Rings (Front & Rear) - Coupe: ZAW-098-010-D-DSP
The following users liked this post:
inphra (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by inphra

Check. https://natalexauto.com

they have high quality metal Audi badges for a good price.
inphra (03-26-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by IamRacerX
You can find black replacement rings around, more or less the old rings will not live through the removal. If you are very careful you can do it without any damage to the grill or the car.
The front rings are fun aren’t they? It took me about an hour to break them off. As in I was not trying to save the chrome rings. I was trying to find that happy medium of not over flexing the grille but still prying at the clips. No luck. I had to heat a metal pic tool to dig into the chrome and break it loose that way. But we em lol.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by synergize
Check. https://natalexauto.com

they have high quality metal Audi badges for a good price.
Nice thank you!
synergize (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

the front rings weren't bad for me. plastic trim tools unfortunately aren't thin enough to get it started, so i ended up using a piece of metal to get it started until i could fit the trim tool under, then just double trim tool to wedge and pry. it particularly helped to keep in mind where the tabs are so you know where to really pry without bending/cracking it. this was honestly the easiest, i felt better about this than removing the front s5 badge, took about 10 minutes to get this, and another 5 to get the s5 off the front

did cause some slight damage to the front rings, but pretty negligible imo:

scratched the very edge of it

where the tabs are on the back (all intact obviously, yay)

the back though, that was a different story. floss didn't work for me, too weak. went with 10# fishing line instead. and although i bought an eraser wheel off amazon, i couldn't bring myself to do it so i just did it with my fingers. that took like 30-45 minutes, spraying 3m adhesive remover, then rubbing, then more adhesive remover, then more rubbing, etc

Last edited by yllee; 03-26-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 618 Likes on 445 Posts

Do you guys have any tips for removing the rings and badges from the RS5 grill? I've been trying for a week and all I've done is broken a trim removal tool, bent another, and bent a jeweler's screwdriver. I've also chipped the chrome rings trying to remove them. I've removed the trim piece between the grille and the engine bay but that didn't help me. The dealers I've called have all quoted me a couple of hours of work becuase they have to remove the whole front bumper but at this point I'm fed up enough to just pay them to do it.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Do you guys have any tips for removing the rings and badges from the RS5 grill? I've been trying for a week and all I've done is broken a trim removal tool, bent another, and bent a jeweler's screwdriver. I've also chipped the chrome rings trying to remove them. I've removed the trim piece between the grille and the engine bay but that didn't help me. The dealers I've called have all quoted me a couple of hours of work becuase they have to remove the whole front bumper but at this point I'm fed up enough to just pay them to do it.
for the rings, start on the far left or right, but a bit above or below the side retaining tab. a thin (e.g. jeweler) screwdriver between the chrome rings and the black backing just enough to then wedge a plastic trim tool, then use two trim tools one to wedge one to pry. the clips look like this, but you can just force them out basically

as far as the front rs5 badge, it depends on which rs5 you have, it's different pre vs post facelift. pre- has a retaining strip you need to remove. post is clips

Quick Reply: Gloss black Audi rings?