Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Harvey and Port of Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Harvey and Port of Houston

With tropical storm Harvey hitting the Houston area, I haven't seen any reports about the cars Audi has at the port. I was extremely lucky and my car left the port 2 weeks ago, but I can't imagine the anxiety someone might have if their car was currently in port waiting to be picked up. Has anyone here heard anything about the status of the port as it relates to the Audi facility?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,255 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
With tropical storm Harvey hitting the Houston area, I haven't seen any reports about the cars Audi has at the port. I was extremely lucky and my car left the port 2 weeks ago, but I can't imagine the anxiety someone might have if their car was currently in port waiting to be picked up. Has anyone here heard anything about the status of the port as it relates to the Audi facility?
I heard on the Weather Channel that some residents were parking their cars at the port, tens of thousands of cars and then it all flooded, very bad situation. Plus, they still have 15 to 20 inches more rain coming, god help these people. I don't believe any freight will come thru the Houston port for weeks or months!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I just got my delivery from Houston on Thursday. I'm feeling very lucky right now....
Old 09-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI - my 2108 S3 sat in Houston port during Harvey. It was just released to carrier (truck transport) yesterday (9/8) with a dealer ETA of 9/17. I haven't seen the car yet but dealer informs me they must disclose damage/repair and states there was none. I will do what I can to conform that prior to accepting the car. Anyone have suggestions on how best to confirm this?