Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

How do Traffic Jam Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control interact with each other?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default How do Traffic Jam Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control interact with each other?

My daily commute is 84 miles round trip. It is a mix of highway cruising and city stop and go, multiple times. How do the two systems handle the transition back and forth between stop and go and highway?

Do I as the driver have to activate/deactivate one or the other each transition? Or do I just set it and forget it? Will Traffic Jam Assist automatically take over when I cruise control into a traffic jam and stop and go? Will the adaptive cruise control automatically go back to highway speed when we get out of the traffic jam?

Thanks for any real world experience information!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:17 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleazey
My daily commute is 84 miles round trip. It is a mix of highway cruising and city stop and go, multiple times. How do the two systems handle the transition back and forth between stop and go and highway?

Do I as the driver have to activate/deactivate one or the other each transition? Or do I just set it and forget it? Will Traffic Jam Assist automatically take over when I cruise control into a traffic jam and stop and go? Will the adaptive cruise control automatically go back to highway speed when we get out of the traffic jam?

Thanks for any real world experience information!
I tend to just set it at 75/80 mph and forget it. If there is a Stau, the car drops speed, it if clears up it accelerates to the setting if it is clear to do so. I do brake sometimes just because I want to be sure I stop and I do press teh gas pedal if the car come to a complete stop for 10 sec's or so, but for the most part the car does everything,