Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

How much did you pay for your ATF change?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
Yes. I did the front and rear diff fluid at 70K on my Q7. The center was done sometime around 45K and I will be doing that again shortly if I do not get into a newer lower mileage '19 Q7....
there should be no need to replace seals. pull the pan/filter, replace, and add new fluid. call it a day.
After ~80k, gaskets start to get hard, won't expand/contract anymore and therefore will leak. The valve body transmissions sleeves were not giving me problems but they were definitely really hard probably not keeping pressure, the Mechatronics sleeve is a common leak point.

All I'm saying is if you pull off the transmission pan from 50k-80k+ and you plan on keeping it way over 100k that it is way cheaper to replace $40 worth of parts vs dropping the pan again. The time to do the seals, sleeve and torque it all back together should be under an hour.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by Weebl
After ~80k, gaskets start to get hard, won't expand/contract anymore and therefore will leak. The valve body transmissions sleeves were not giving me problems but they were definitely really hard probably not keeping pressure, the Mechatronics sleeve is a common leak point.

All I'm saying is if you pull off the transmission pan from 50k-80k+ and you plan on keeping it way over 100k that it is way cheaper to replace $40 worth of parts vs dropping the pan again. The time to do the seals, sleeve and torque it all back together should be under an hour.
there is no "mechatronic" in a zf 8-speed trans as far as I know. I am not sure there is anything to do in regards to a true auto box tranny other than replace fluid and filter. if the pan is the filter itself, as it is with my Q7, a new pan gasket goes in too. that's about it. maybe I am confused, or maybe we are not talking about the same thing.