Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

License Plate Frame

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Are those plates legal in Texas? No way they would be legal in the Northeast states.

Yes. They are issued my the state of Texas. You are required to turn in your other plates. This being a new car I had to wait for the standard black and white plates to be issued and then I could switch to these. This company makes the plates and sends them to the county tag office. You gotta pay .50 cents to have them switch. The plate was $400
Old 08-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

In New Jersey you have to get the standard NJ issued plates then go on-line and you can order your vanity plates: If you just want the standard background and no special logo, you pay the state $50 and it takes about 6 to 10 weeks and you get them in the mail. If you want a vanity plate with a team logo you have to pay additional and there's an "upcharge" (I'm guessing for the team royalty) every year you renew.

There is nothing like JBDinTX posted - which is kind of a shame as it would be very easy: New Jersey no longer sends out the "embossed" plates - it's just a flat, aluminum plate with numbers and letters screened on a label that's bonded to the aluminum plate. Maybe New Jersey will get wind of the TX plate and offer them as a way to generate more revenue - Not like our taxes aren't some of the highest in the nation already!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
In New Jersey you have to get the standard NJ issued plates then go on-line and you can order your vanity plates: If you just want the standard background and no special logo, you pay the state $50 and it takes about 6 to 10 weeks and you get them in the mail. If you want a vanity plate with a team logo you have to pay additional and there's an "upcharge" (I'm guessing for the team royalty) every year you renew.

There is nothing like JBDinTX posted - which is kind of a shame as it would be very easy: New Jersey no longer sends out the "embossed" plates - it's just a flat, aluminum plate with numbers and letters screened on a label that's bonded to the aluminum plate. Maybe New Jersey will get wind of the TX plate and offer them as a way to generate more revenue - Not like our taxes aren't some of the highest in the nation already!

yes. This is my second set. I had the red ones on my misano Red SQ5. I really like my plate frame. It ties in front letting
Old 08-31-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

I have the one Nikon and G Man have. It blocks the white borders on my black out Texas plates.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Still one of the most beautiful cars in these threads!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, that’s why we need “LIKE” buttons in the threads.....
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (01-22-2020)
Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WillieFlo

yes, that’s why we need “LIKE” buttons in the threads.....
Thanks guys and I agree we need a Like button asap!
I have been seeing some lobbying for it on the forum lately!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I have the one Nikon and G Man have. It blocks the white borders on my black out Texas plates.
That looks fantastic and great point on the frame covering the white border, I just ordered that frame a few days ago and didn't realize it did that.

Also, is this the Classic Black plate? Curious how it would look with Carbon Fiber plate...I have a black S3 and think the gray from the Carbon plate may not contrast well.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudaciousAudi
That looks fantastic and great point on the frame covering the white border, I just ordered that frame a few days ago and didn't realize it did that.

Also, is this the Classic Black plate? Curious how it would look with Carbon Fiber plate...I have a black S3 and think the gray from the Carbon plate may not contrast well.
It sure is the Classic Black MyPlates background.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Classic black plate FTW. Also, you can find knock offs of that frame on Ebay which is cheaper but the Rhombus design is off. However the caps and screws on the knock off are better designed than the Audi OEM one.

Quick Reply: License Plate Frame