Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

LT: A5 B9 US tail lights to full EU conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT: A5 B9 US tail lights to full EU conversion

Hi,

Already studied tons of threads and youtube videos regarding this topic. However, found 0 sufficient material to support my idea. Goal is to fully change US spec rear lights to EU spec, including fog light in left tailgate light.
Most useful probably was a youtube video, with some portion of instructions but there was A4 B9 to dark EU Spec from Europrice.

Can somebody hook me up with proper instruction how to correctly wire and where to plug those pins for EU spec? I fully understand that 3 wires will be needed with appropriate pins and connected to BCM2 plugs.
Old 06-19-2024, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Antonio XXXI
... .
In addition, Yes, I do have the headlight switch with rear fog light. I do understand that I will need additional coding to make the tail lights work. This part probably will be outsourced.

Old 06-19-2024, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Why? I am in Europe with a US spec S5 and its lights are way better looking. I like how I have red rear turn signals indicating my car is not a EU spec.
Old 06-19-2024, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

Honestly? Your best bet is to just suck it up and buy the kit from Europrice. You'll need VCP software too to update the coding on the car too.

I suspect no one as done it separately from using their kits.

Also the clear lensed version of the rear lights are NLA and haven't been available for at least two years.
The following users liked this post:
Alex@Europrice.us (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

All good guys, was able to find instructions and wiring diagrams elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2024, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 242 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ
Honestly? Your best bet is to just suck it up and buy the kit from Europrice. You'll need VCP software too to update the coding on the car too.

I suspect no one as done it separately from using their kits.

Also the clear lensed version of the rear lights are NLA and haven't been available for at least two years.
Thank you for your support. Some folks have installed without purchasing a kit here, but generally it still involves instructions from kits sold here...

Cheers!

Old 06-20-2024, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Thank you for your support. Some folks have installed without purchasing a kit here, but generally it still involves instructions from kits sold here...

Cheers!
I really want to do the update on mine, but I just can't stomach the cost (don't blame you for that). Someday...
Alex@Europrice.us (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 242 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ
I really want to do the update on mine, but I just can't stomach the cost (don't blame you for that). Someday...
Lighting equipment unfortunately got a bit of an inflation and supply chain crunch tune up on pricing. Generally as models age the OEM lights do come down in price, but that will likely be worldwide economy dependent in the coming years <crossing fingers>.

Cheers,

DaveSNJ (06-21-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 09:25 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

I did this for our RS5 several years ago using the Europrice materials (many thanks to Alex for all the support!). Not only do they provide far better function than US spec, they also look far better, at least on the RS black line model. Almost no red plastic!

Not going to lie, wiring was a PITA, but once done I was very pleased with the result.

Lots of clear (smoked) plastic instead of all the red we get in the US to go along with the orange sweeping turn signals and rear facing fog light.
The following 2 users liked this post by PWDRSKR:
Alex@Europrice.us (06-26-2024), Nikon1 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
I did this for our RS5 several years ago using the Europrice materials (many thanks to Alex for all the support!). Not only do they provide far better function than US spec, they also look far better, at least on the RS black line model. Almost no red plastic!

Not going to lie, wiring was a PITA, but once done I was very pleased with the result.

Lots of clear (smoked) plastic instead of all the red we get in the US to go along with the orange sweeping turn signals and rear facing fog light.
What are the better functions? All i see as a difference between mine and the locals here in Germany is i have red rear turn signals and they have amber. They do have the rear fog light like all Volvo's do but who uses that in America?

Quick Reply: LT: A5 B9 US tail lights to full EU conversion