Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My Navarra Blue B9 S5 Sportback

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Navarra Blue/Daytona Gray B9 S5 Sportback

Picked this bad boy up yesterday after 3 months of waiting Some quick pics from my phone:

S5 SB Prestige Navarra Blue
19" Cavo Wheels
Carbon Atlas inlays
Fine Nappa Leather package (Black)
S Sport Package
Driver Assistance package
Dynamic steering

First impressions: Wow! It's looks so much sleeker in real life. It's so low and wide but at the same time kinda small looking, which is great.
It drives great, suspension is firm but handles imperfections perfectly.

I was worried about the electric steering feel but it feels so natural, dare I say even better than hydraulic steerings of the previous generations of Audis.

I was also worried about the transmission since it's not a dual clutch. No problems here, the upshifts are crisp without any hesitation as well as the downshifts which even apply a throttle blip, it's amazing how far this technology has come from the old 6 speed ZF.

Haven't really pushed it yet to feel the sport diff since it's still in a break-in period but so far it seems to work as advertised. The front has so much grip without any signs of understeer and the back seems playful too.

The best part is the engine! Coming from a 4.2L NA V8 this thing pulls so much harder! The torque down low is amazing. There is a bit of lag but it seems like it's not coming from the engine but from the pedal. If you only push it a little bit nothing happens, a bit more throttle and the car suddenly downshifts and all hell breaks lose.

The only disappointment right now; the Audio system it seems the speakers can't handle more than half volume even with the Bass and Subwoofer settings left at the factory middle setting. Any more than half volume on the control **** and you start to hear distortions. Maybe a little bit more play time will loosen up the speakers and they will sound better but that's just wishful thinking at this point. Even my old Bose system sounds better in my C6, it's not even comparable.

That's all for now, I have several hundred miles left before I can really push it, will report back with the results

Last edited by Stankia; 12-24-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:17 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Schwing-a-lishious!

Enjoy and your photos are great.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks amazing!! I want this color potentially but am undecided on interior color; grey vs red. Red would be a hard re-sale if it ever came to that. The light grey bothers me for stains etc... why did you choose black?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pics, congrats! I agree about the steering, I like the response in Dynamic, surprised me.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very pretty in navarra blue! Great photos!
Is it the BO sound system? You're the first one I have seen with a bad view on it. Guess I will find out for myself soon though. I should get my car after tomorrow
Old 06-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That blue is very striking in your pics. It doesn't look nearly as rich on the website configurator. Beautiful car.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very beautiful car. We just bought red. I plan to upgrade and replace subwoofer . Dedicate a mono or three channel amp with 10" speaker too. You confirmed my suspicions. Bang and olufsen compromised the components and power of low end.
Half volume should not overwhelm sound of a well balanced system. At least you don't have to replace mid range and tweeters too.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Looks amazing!! I want this color potentially but am undecided on interior color; grey vs red. Red would be a hard re-sale if it ever came to that. The light grey bothers me for stains etc... why did you choose black?
I have grey interior. Seeing it in person I am not so concerned with it - to me it's certainly not light grey (i.e. BMW's Silverstone interior). Some of Audi's professional pictures show it as way lighter than it is. If using a standard medium grey color as a base, I'd even say it's a shade or two darker than that. Don't have any pics at the moment....
Old 06-05-2017, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great photos of a great looking car. Congrats!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Come on...you know you want red, who cares about resale, there's an *** for every seat!

Congrats OP...enjoy!

Quick Reply: My Navarra Blue B9 S5 Sportback