Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

myAudi Error

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Has anyone encountered the message below? This message appeared after updating the Android app last week and my car has not been "reset to the factory settings." I checked in the MMI and the car is still logged in to Audi Connect so I am not sure how to remedy this situation.
I had the same message and after several unsucessful attempt to log in, just deleted the app. It's useless anyway
Old 06-20-2022, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 501 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by vexige
I had the same message and after several unsucessful attempt to log in, just deleted the app. It's useless anyway
Can't say I agree that myAudi app is useless. I needed help from the dealer to get everything to work, and I'm not affected by the 3G turndown, but it does work. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it at times to make sure the doors are locked, and I can lock them remotely if necessary. I have also parked the car with a valet only to discover the windows were left open at a remote lot. I can set a valet alert, speed alert, and establish a geofence alert. Thankfully I have not had to use the stolen vehicle locator.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan99
Can't say I agree that myAudi app is useless.
Agreed. We both use it on both vehicles.

And to have this functionality free for 10 years is very cool. For example, on Acura, you need a paid subscription to use the mobile-phone app.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan99
Can't say I agree that myAudi app is useless. I needed help from the dealer to get everything to work, and I'm not affected by the 3G turndown, but it does work. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it at times to make sure the doors are locked, and I can lock them remotely if necessary. I have also parked the car with a valet only to discover the windows were left open at a remote lot. I can set a valet alert, speed alert, and establish a geofence alert. Thankfully I have not had to use the stolen vehicle locator.
My wife's BMW app is so much nicer, user friendly and more useful, in my opinion. Better graphics many more options... The Tesla app I don't even mention, it is light years ahead.
I only used my Audi app to check gas level, I think..
Never felt that I need an app to check if the doors are locked.
But to each its own
Old 06-20-2022, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 606 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Agreed. We both use it on both vehicles.

And to have this functionality free for 10 years is very cool. For example, on Acura, you need a paid subscription to use the mobile-phone app.
On my parents' RDX you only need to pay to access the remote start, stolen vehicle tracker, concierge service, etc. You can still us the app to check the vehicle status, doors locked, windows up, etc. without paying.

The only time I use the Audi app is when I need to look up the vehicle mileage or VIN.