Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
Default MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?

This "Link Vehicle" message just appeared for some reason. Does anyone know what I need to do to get rid of it?

I looked through all the MMI menus and settings in the car today, and I can’t find anything relevant.
The car has my name on the screen when I get in. It says I have “Remote Access Rights”.
In the MMI, it says I’m the Key-User. The Configuration-Wizard is not running or asking to be completed.
In the iPhone myAudi App v4.6, I’m logged-in as myself. Everything in the App seems to be working.
I can use the App to communicate with the car, with no problems (Status, Lock/Unlock, etc.)
The Car-Finder is showing my location and the car’s location.
In the App / Accounts Settings / Subscriptions / (I select my A5 from list) it says: Your Audi-Connect plan is Connect-Care (Active).
The LED on my SoS-cover is green.
This is a 2021-A5 PP without Audi-NAV. I only have Connect-Care (no paid subscription, nor have I ever on this car). AFAIK, I don’t have any “Infotainment services”.
My Wireless CarPlay also works fine.

Is this an Audi-Connect/myAudi issue or maybe Key-User issue (even though all the Key-User stuff looks fine)
I wonder what it wants me to do?

myAudi v4.6 iPhone App for 2021 A5 Coupe

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-19-2022 at 08:27 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-19-2022, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

It will come and go on it's own...just ignore it. Mine has done that twice in the last six months - the message appeared for a week or so then disappeared, only to come back again last week
The following users liked this post:
Tesla1856 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like the app may have a syncing issue with the Audi main server that has your car and all the Audi Connect registered services. May be just a momentary thing that will just resolve itself. But if it doesn’t, I would try a few things (and I’m only basing it off of my MMI and Gen 3 Audi (which handles Audi Connect differently than some older 2019/2020 models):

A few things to try:
1) Triple check myAudiConnect.com website and see if all your services still active.. (If not, call Audi Support).
2) Check you have most recent AudiConnect version on car. On MMI in your car, go to Settings>System Maintenance>Software Update (mine got updated automatically 4 days ago).
3). Log off your App and log back in and see if Audi Connect Services re-sync’d back on the app (check by going to User icon on right on app, then Account Settings, then Subscriptions).
4) If that doesn’t work, completely remove Vehicle on app and re-add using your VIN. And then re-check.
5) If all else fails, Call Audi Support.

Last edited by ONI1013; 03-09-2022 at 08:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tesla1856 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by u080570

the message appeared for a week or so then disappeared, only to come back again last week
Really?! Yes, that is about when it started appearing for me as well.

About that same time was when Audi decided to un-link my wife as Key-User from her 2020 Q5-e .
Old 02-19-2022, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013
Looks like the app may have a syncing issue with the Audi main server that has your car and all the Audi Connect registered services. May be just a momentary thing that will just resolve itself. But if it doesn’t, I would try a few things (and I’m only basing it off of my MMI and Gen 3 Audi (which handles Audi Connect differently some older 2019 models):

A few things to try:
1) Triple check myAudiConnect.com website and see if all your services still active.. (If not, call Audi Support).
2) Check you have most recent AudiConnect version on car. On MMI in your car, go to Settings>System Maintenance>Software Update (mine got updated automatically 4 days ago).
3). Log off your App and log back in and see if Audi Connect Services re-sync’d back. (check by going to User icon on right on app, then Account Settings, then Subscriptions).
3) If that doesn’t work, completely remove Vehicle on app and re-add using your VIN. And then re-check.
4) Call Audi Support
Thanks for answering my summons for help.

1. So, I can't login there. Maybe due to our vehicle-models or because our Accounts were issued in 2020?
However, yes ... I can see our Services for both vehicles/VINs from the myAudi App ... Connect-Care on both. Also, shows the expired Trial-Subscriptions on (only) her Q5-e (which is correct).
2. Excellent. I will have to try that.
3a. Interesting. Never been brave enough to try that. It was all kinda working (but seems fragile) so I don't mess with it much.
3b. Wow, OK. What can it hurt, right? I need to remember the App (and all it's data) is expendable (it's all really in the Audi-cloud or maybe some/little in the vehicle itself).
4. Yeah, I got to that point after an hour or so today. They are only there 9-5 on weekdays.

What I'm seeing is that all this is evolving, even from the Audi-Connect Setup PDF I got back in 2020 . Not so much on the vehicles themselves, but the website and how they are moving a bunch of that functionality over to the App. And then, the changes in the Audi-cloud. I think we talked about that in the other thread. However, it's somehow different when it starts happening to me.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It will come and go on it's own...just ignore it. Mine has done that twice in the last six months - the message appeared for a week or so then disappeared, only to come back again last week
So, do you have any paid Subscriptions, or just Connect-Care?
Old 02-19-2022, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Where is the definitive list for the individual Connect Services for all 3-4 levels of services, or at least ... what is currently available on basic/free Connect-Care?

Also, do you think this list would be the same for 2021-A5 45, 2021 RS-5, and even 2022 E-Tron 55 ?

I think I might see what is happening here.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Where is the definitive list for the individual Connect Services for all 3-4 levels of services, or at least ... what is currently available on basic/free Connect-Care?

Also, do you think this list would be the same for 2021-A5 45, 2021 RS-5, and even 2022 E-Tron 55 ?

I think I might see what is happening here.
Here is the list of what is included on Audi Connect Care, Connect Prime, and Connect Care Plus. https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/in...i-connect.html. Plus have everything Prime has + plus more.
This list is the same for the all in US, but of course, each model (or model year) may execute the functions slightly different (e.g., traffic light info, Nav Destination, etc,), but generally should be “same”. The biggest difference between cars is if you have the older MMI (rotary dial/mouse pad control) or the newer MMI (dual touch screens).

And yes, Audi seems to be moving towards full app integration vs managing your subscriptions and services on website.

Last edited by ONI1013; 03-09-2022 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
So, do you have any paid Subscriptions, or just Connect-Care?
I have the Connect Prime subscription
Old 02-20-2022, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the Connect Prime subscription
Cool, thanks for sharing that.

So, do we all agree that (on the newer touch-screen system) there is no separate "myAudi" login (on the vehicles MMI) like on the older vehicles?
Also that being the Key-User automatically Registers and Signs-you-into myAudi? Or said another way ... you don't have to be added again as a "myAudi User" type, because you are already the Key-User.

Quick Reply: MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?