Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
Default myAudi v4.6 iOS App - Link Vehicle message

So this is what I found. I think this (or similar) is why some of us are now getting this "Link-Vehicle" message in myAudi v4.6 iOS App.
There appears to now be a discrepancy between the various services related to the various subscription levels, and possibly how they are stored in the various places (like Audi-cloud, myAudi-App, and the vehicle).
So, from that current Audi-Connect page:

Connect-Care
Features & Services (Included with new vehicle purchase - For 10 years)

- Remote lock/unlock.
- Vehicle status report
- Car Finder
- Online Roadside Assistance
- SOS call
- Audi service request
- Stolen Vehicle Locator

Not sure if this is still true, but according to previous Audi documents (published in 2020);
some of these are only available to the Key-User (not Secondary-Users).
Additionally, those same docs include Map-Update (presumably for the Car-Finder to operate properly over the years).

Notice how my screenshot includes:
GeoFencing, Speed Alert, and Valet Alert

Well, those used to be Prime (Subscription) only. Not sure if they have been moved under the Connect-Care level, or what ... but I think this shows the potential miss-matching of services and levels.

KeyUser is above (and a Secondary-User for this car just-so-happens to show the same). Below is to show I only have Audi Connect-Care (which is correct).

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-20-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tesla1856

So, do we all agree that (on the newer touch-screen system) there is no separate "myAudi" login (on the vehicles MMI) like on the older vehicles?

Also that being the Key-User automatically Registers and Signs-you-into myAudi? Or said another way ... you don't have to be added again as a "myAudi User" type, because you are already the Key-User.
So, takers on those 2 questions huh?

Mine still says "Link Vehicle" and bugs me, so I tried calling Audi today. After 20 minutes in queue, I gave up. Maybe the 3G-Turn-Down has them overloaded?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 150 Likes on 98 Posts

So, takers on those 2 questions huh?

Mine still says "Link Vehicle" and bugs me, so I tried calling Audi today. After 20 minutes in queue, I gave up. Maybe the 3G-Turn-Down has them overloaded?
I’ve had this same message in the myAudi app a couple times. First appeared a couple months ago, then at some point went away, and reappeared a week or three ago.

I might ask about it next time I get something done at the dealer. But I can’t find anything that’s not working (minor caveat below), so I really don’t want to mess with anything. I only have the Connect Care service (the 10 year free one), the app shows me gas, mileage, window/door status, car location. My car knows I’m the key user. I don’t have nav, so most of the other stuff doesn’t seem to apply to my car.

The only thing that’s iffy is the SiriusXM with 360L. I really like some of the channels in the 500s and 700s, as well as some of the on-demand music/shows. Sometimes those (just the web-based channels and shows) disappear for a day or two. Last week it seemed to alternate days whether it worked or not. But the same message is there in the myAudi app whether or not the 360L part is working or not, so I guess it’s unrelated.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 153 Likes on 108 Posts

So, do we all agree that (on the newer touch-screen system) there is no separate "myAudi" login (on the vehicles MMI) like on the older vehicles?
I can only post my experience--'20 A5 MIB3 touchscreen, I'm not the user, just the Key User so while I have the Connect services, the app says I'm not logged in to the MMI despite showing the car status. Any attempt to log in on the MMI says unsuccessful, try again later. I'm just logged in as a Local User. It keeps nearly all my settings, except Home Address. Coorection: I think the Home Address was dropped when I changed keys since I have 2 (!! '20 model) and I rotate for battery usage)
'22 Q5 can't log in as Key User, app says to log in to MMI with car key code, unsuccessful, but I am logged in via the MMI as the user with the MyAudi password.

Not a big deal, I wish you were correct that one login does it all.

Last edited by jim2560; 02-23-2022 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013

2) Check you have most recent AudiConnect version on car. On MMI in your car, go to Settings>System Maintenance>Software Update (mine got updated automatically 4 days ago).
I did this yesterday.

It said I already had the latest version .
Old 02-23-2022, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 126 Posts

I also have this message in my app on my 2021 S4 that started a few weeks (maybe months?) back.. It does not appear to impact any of the services for Connect Care -- the vehicle updates, I can still remote lock/unlock, etc... I posted about it in the S4 forum and nobody responded there.. I did find some other threads here on the site -- and most agreed this was a cosmetic issue that was on the server side of things and didn't impact functionality.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2DaLab
1. I’ve had this same message in the myAudi app a couple times. First appeared a couple months ago, then at some point went away, and reappeared a week or three ago.

2. But I can’t find anything that’s not working (minor caveat below), so I really don’t want to mess with anything.

3. I only have the Connect Care service (the 10 year free one), the app shows me gas, mileage, window/door status, car location. My car knows I’m the key user. I don’t have nav, so most of the other stuff doesn’t seem to apply to my car.

4. The only thing that’s iffy is the SiriusXM with 360L. I really like some of the channels in the 500s and 700s, as well as some of the on-demand music/shows. Sometimes those (just the web-based channels and shows) disappear for a day or two. Last week it seemed to alternate days whether it worked or not. But the same message is there in the myAudi app whether or not the 360L part is working or not, so I guess it’s unrelated.
1. Thanks, this really helps as we both have an 2021-A5 with only Connect-Care. So, this confirms it is just a glitch on AUDI'S-END since the "Link Vehicle" message is erroneously appearing the same for both of us.

2. That is sorta how I feel about it. However, unless someone notifies Audi of the error (so they can look-into it and fix it) I think it will stay broken for us.

3. Exactly the same for me. Again, great info there.

4. So, we are long-time SirusXM users (my wife liked it in her old Acura). After the trial ran-out on the wife's new 2020-Q5-e, we moved her vehicle under our old account. I still resent the fact that they do not offer a multi-car discount. Since I don't drive that much (or really use it much anyway with my USB-based MP3/6-channel-Flacs and occasional FM-HD-Radio ... I now just use the SirusXM iPhone App, via CarPlay. I can listen to (basic) SirusXM in my A5 for FREE.

As for SiriusXM with the new 360L ... I only used it a bit for the 2021-A5's free trial. It seemed to work fine, but the plan was always to just let it expire (and do as above). They keep trying to get me to renew for $5 a month for 1-year,

As for your problem, I would work-that with SirusXM directly. Once they say everything is good on their end ... I suggest you move on to Audi-support and maybe start your own thread here. You are, after all, paying for the service, so it should work properly. Also, unless knowledgeable, tech-minded people let them know it's not actually working properly on actuals vehicles "out in the field" they will never know it's a little broken (or be trying to fix it up).

Old 02-23-2022, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 150 Likes on 98 Posts

4. So, we are long-time SirusXM users (my wife liked it in her old Acura). After the trial ran-out on the wife's new 2020-Q5-e, we moved her vehicle under our old account. I still resent the fact that they do not offer a multi-car discount. Since I don't drive that much (or really use it much anyway with my USB-based MP3/6-channel-Flacs and occasional FM-HD-Radio ... I now just use the SirusXM iPhone App, via CarPlay. I can listen to (basic) SirusXM in my A5 for FREE.
They do have a discount for more than one car. I've got three cars with radios. First one is full price, second two are something like 29% discount. Still pretty pricey, especially when you add in the royalty fees--not as cheap as $60 a year that they offered you! But I use it a lot more now, especially since they expanded their channels in the Audi car and in the iPhone app. (Remember when they wanted to charge for a subscription to the iPhone app separately?)

Yeah, when things go wonky with the in-Audi radio, I play the iPhone SiriusXM radio app through CarPlay. Thought about dropping my subscription for the car completely and just using the iPhone app, but I use the in-car radio so much.

As for your problem, I would work-that with SirusXM directly. Once they say everything is good on their end ... I suggest you move on to Audi-support and maybe start your own thread here. You are, after all, paying for the service, so it should work properly. Also, unless knowledgeable, tech-minded people let them know it's not actually working properly on actuals vehicles "out in the field" they will never know it's a little broken (or be trying to fix it up).
Yeah, I've reported it, and it worked the next day, so problem "fixed." They followed up by phone and by email a couple of weeks later. When they phoned, it had been working correctly for the last several days. Then it began this on-again off-again thing. I replied to the email a week or two ago--haven't heard back yet.

This week, it's been flawless. Listen to a show on my iPhone; get into the car, the radio picks up on the show right where the iPhone left off, continue listening; next time I'm back in the car or use the iPhone app, the show is available to continue on at the correct point again. When it's working (like this week), I really like it.

I sometimes wonder if it's not the SiriusXM service, but the wireless connection to the car that gets interrupted for some reason.
The following users liked this post:
Tesla1856 (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jim2560
I can only post my experience--'20 A5 MIB3 touchscreen, I'm not the user, just the Key User so while I have the Connect services, the app says I'm not logged in to the MMI despite showing the car status. Any attempt to log in on the MMI says unsuccessful, try again later. I'm just logged in as a Local User. It keeps nearly all my settings, except Home Address. Coorection: I think the Home Address was dropped when I changed keys since I have 2 (!! '20 model) and I rotate for battery usage)
'22 Q5 can't log in as Key User, app says to log in to MMI with car key code, unsuccessful, but I am logged in via the MMI as the user with the MyAudi password.

Not a big deal, I wish you were correct that one login does it all.
So, I think we are talking about something else above. However, I could help you sort-out one or both cars if you like.
You should probably start your own thread (at least for the 2022-Q5 ). Although, these basic directions should also work for any 2020+ MIB3 vehicle.

Anything the iPhone App says about "logging in" is usually because you need to login to the App itself ( with your own private myAudi login). As far as you randomly using either key-fob on your A5 ... I think I would hold-off on that for a while.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN ... You will need the A5's F-Pin (secret code) from the plastic-tag originally attached to Key-Fob-1 .
Once you have that in your hand,
Delete all (secondary) users and then delete/reset the Key-User.
To setup Key-User, use your myAudi UserName (email address) and the F-Pin for the password. That's really about it for Key-User. It should now be showing your Full Name as the Key User.
After you do that, you might see the Config-Wizard icon appear (near top of screen). Touch it and it will ask you to login to myAudi. If so, you enter your UserName (email-address) and your normal myAudi-password.
About now, it should start greeting you by First-Name when you turn-on the ignition.
To login to the myAudi App on your iPhone, you enter your UserName (email-address) and your normal myAudi-password.

Everyone else (secondary drivers) are called normal "Users". On YOUR iPhone, in the myAudi-App, touch All Functions, User Management, and then "Add User" to add them. They will be uploaded to the car. Only a Key-User can do this (usually from their own personal iPhone)

Like for us, the A5 is mainly mine, and the Q5e is mainly hers. AFTER you get the proper person setup as the Key-User on a vehicle, THEN you can setup the other secondary-drivers ( and vice-versa ).

As far as I can tell, the F-Pin is a security lock on the vehicle/VIN (because anyone who stole the car would have the VIN). The myAudi account is a security lock on a person or owner.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-23-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2DaLab

2. This week, it's been flawless

3. I sometimes wonder if it's not the SiriusXM service, but the wireless connection to the car that gets interrupted for some reason.

2. Good
3. That would be my guess as well. After all, isn't that how 360L is possible ? ... It now uses 2-way 4G-LTE communication (in addition to the usual down-stream satellite-data)

Quick Reply: MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?