Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 153 Likes on 108 Posts

I could help you sort-out one or both cars if you like.
Tesla, sincere thanks for the offer, but I've been on with Audi Support by phone in both cars, went through those steps and more, sent the screen shots they requested from the MMI's, the phone, the VC of both cars. They have 2 tickets open, heard this week they both are still with the IT Support folks. It's been about 2 months, I understand it's usually 3-4. For the first 15 months, the '20 A5 services worked as expected, after the Audi early hiccups with MIB3 integration. I'll wait until I finally hear their suggestions. The A5 is due for a TSB when I take it in for a March appointment: "Emergency Call Module Control Unit & Communication Unit Software", fixed with a software update. Maybe it will shake something loose! Map updates come monthly, Connect paid and Trial subscriptions are fine, really not anything I'm upset about, but just a different bug in each car.
Thanks.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by jim2560
Tesla, sincere thanks for the offer, but I've been on with Audi Support by phone in both cars, went through those steps and more, sent the screen shots they requested from the MMI's, the phone, the VC of both cars. They have 2 tickets open, heard this week they both are still with the IT Support folks. It's been about 2 months, I understand it's usually 3-4. For the first 15 months, the '20 A5 services worked as expected, after the Audi early hiccups with MIB3 integration. I'll wait until I finally hear their suggestions. The A5 is due for a TSB when I take it in for a March appointment: "Emergency Call Module Control Unit & Communication Unit Software", fixed with a software update. Maybe it will shake something loose! Map updates come monthly, Connect paid and Trial subscriptions are fine, really not anything I'm upset about, but just a different bug in each car.
Thanks.
As you wish.

However, remember that they take-care of many different cars. At the moment, you are now "put aside and waiting" ... you are content to wait. Sometimes us people that actually have the cars (and actually use and setup our own Audi-tech) have a slight advantage. It's like this with many different companies, machines, and their tech-system ... in life in general.
As far as these Audis go, it never hurts to un-link, erase everything, and setup from scratch (as long as you have F-Pin) . I've found that you can't really "jump-around" ... and it usually works better if you do things in a specific order.

Also, there is really no good reason to ALSO be having trouble with the new 2022-Q5. Setting-up the Key-User is a common thing. In fact, the Dealer should have helped you do that in the beginning.

Yes, I think a 2020-A5 might be a little different than a 2021-A5. The reason I know this is because I test-drove (and researched) one before buying my 2021-A5. Back then, they said that even though the 2020 had MIB3, it did not yet have CarPlay. They were not sure when and if it even would. Obviously, it needed a software-update ... but maybe also a firmware-update.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-28-2022 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was sitting out front in the drive-way listening to some new FLACs (and watching videos) and a strange message appeared quickly on the MMI. Something about an update being successful and myAudi something. It was real fast and my phone (camera) was in the Phone-Box. To bad there is no history-log.

I then tried logging-out of the myAudi App on my phone (and logging back in) but my myAudi App still says "Link Vehicle" .

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-28-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2DaLab
They do have a discount for more than one car. I've got three cars with radios. First one is full price, second two are something like 29% discount. Still pretty pricey, especially when you add in the royalty fees--not as cheap as $60 a year that they offered you! But I use it a lot more now, especially since they expanded their channels in the Audi car and in the iPhone app. (Remember when they wanted to charge for a subscription to the iPhone app separately?)

Yeah, when things go wonky with the in-Audi radio, I play the iPhone SiriusXM radio app through CarPlay. Thought about dropping my subscription for the car completely and just using the iPhone app, but I use the in-car radio so much.
If you really enjoy SiriusXM, I would call and insist on the pricing discount for all your cars. Just a matter of speaking to the right customer service rep or manager. I’ve been doing it for years with all my cars with different makes (Toyota, Lexus, Audi). Currently, I have both cars with a $60 annual each. Much cheaper than they’re $30 monthly full price. And no iPhone separate subscription.. that’s just BS.

If you’re getting good SiriusXM reception via CarPlay but not native radio, something is off with the radio and not Sirius. Something Audi may have to look into.

The following users liked this post:
2DaLab (03-09-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 501 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
This "Link Vehicle" message just appeared for some reason. Does anyone know what I need to do to get rid of it?
This just happened to me for the first time yesterday. After messing with it for too long I went to the dealer. Their fix was:

1. Use MMI to log back in to myAudi account with email and password

2. Go to Key Owner and Reset

3. Re-enter the 10 digit code that came with the car's key fob.

myAudi worked fine after doing this but, by the time I got home, it did not work any more. Instead, it displayed an error message at the top of the screen and, even though the vehicle status appears in the image below, both front windows were closed. Notice that it's not current (36 minutes ago). So, it was working 36 minutes ago, then it was not. HOWEVER, this morning it is working again. Looks like a software problem to me. I reported it back to the dealer and was told they will pursue it. I'll report back if it goes anywhere...

Old 03-10-2022, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dan99
This just happened to me for the first time yesterday. After messing with it for too long I went to the dealer. Their fix was:

1. Use MMI to log back in to myAudi account with email and password
2. Go to Key Owner and Reset
3. Re-enter the 10 digit code that came with the car's key fob.

myAudi worked fine after doing this but, by the time I got home, it did not work any more. Instead, it displayed an error message at the top of the screen and, even though the vehicle status appears in the image below, both front windows were closed. Notice that it's not current (36 minutes ago). So, it was working 36 minutes ago, then it was not. HOWEVER, this morning it is working again. Looks like a software problem to me. I reported it back to the dealer and was told they will pursue it. I'll report back if it goes anywhere...
OK, I will try resetting the Key User. I've been meaning to try it anyway.

I think the error in your screen shot is just a common intermittent communication error. That can be caused by any slight problem with the network chain (phone, network, Audi server, car, etc.).
Old 03-11-2022, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 501 Likes on 319 Posts

OK, I will try resetting the Key User. I've been meaning to try it anyway.

I think the error in your screen shot is just a common intermittent communication error. That can be caused by any slight problem with the network chain (phone, network, Audi server, car, etc.).
I just got off the phone with the Customer Experience Manager at my Audi dealer who handles all of the myAudi stuff. He said he's been getting about 20 calls a day. He said:

1. Audi is in the process of trying to consolidate many different versions of the software for handling myAudi in different Audi models and different countries world-wide. I don't remember the exact number but there is something like 38 different versions out there. In addition, Audi is moving from AT&T to Verizon, so some of the communications need to go to AT&T then get forwarded to Verizon, then to Audi in Germany. They are in transition now, which may explain some of the recent problems we have been having.

2. ALSO, there is a planned world-wide outage scheduled April 26-29 for a larger system update, as part of an effort to streamline and consolidate all of this. He was not sure if it would affect people who are logged in or not, but it will be impossible to login during the planned migration to the new system. I would expect some hiccups during this, but it sounds like there is a very large effort underway to address all of this.

Last edited by Dan99; 03-11-2022 at 07:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan99:
Nikon1 (03-12-2022), Tesla1856 (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan99
2. ALSO, there is a planned world-wide outage scheduled April 26-29 for a larger system update, as part of an effort to streamline and consolidate all of this. He was not sure if it would affect people who are logged in or not, but it will be impossible to login during the planned migration to the new system. I would expect some hiccups during this, but it sounds like there is a very large effort underway to address all of this.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Touch it and it will ask you to login to myAudi. If so, you enter your UserName (email-address) and your normal myAudi-password.
The myAudi app stopped updating vehicle status beginning of February and have been dealing with Audi to resolve. While troubleshooting, I was asked to reset the MMI to factory settings and could not log back in using the myAudi account since. A few days ago the app started working again, however, the link vehicle message is there. When asked Audi, this was their response:

"For your model year, regrettably this login is not possible. We are working on a fix for this technology and expect it to be available by the end of quarter 2 of 2022. ."

I have a 2021 and was logged in until this debacle. I have a theory that perhaps very few people sign up after the trial and Audi looks at it as if it works, it works. If not, oh well.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:31 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by jtdbsr
I have a theory that perhaps very few people sign up after the trial and Audi looks at it as if it works, it works. If not, oh well.
I completely subscribe to your theory of Audi’s attitude about their telematics shortcomings. Audi promised a new download site for the Nav Map updates almost 2 years ago, with a date of 2nd Quarter 2020. As far as I know, they have not met the promise almost 2 years in. I’m not sure where the blame should be pointed, Audi Corporate or Audi of America, but there’s enough to spread across both entities. I still like their Mechanical Automotive Technology but their electronics tech is stuck back in the ‘90s.

— John

Quick Reply: MyAudi iPhone App - Wants me to Link-Vehicle ?