Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New iPhone - myAudi Verification Required AGAIN?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

for 21 + you just need the contract number which you can get within the app (starts with USAU)
I would go along with that.

It's been a while, but I just remember ... whether I needed a USAU number or the VIN ... I did not call the dealer.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that issue with a new Android Phone. I called an Audi dealer, one who I had not bought the car, contacted a salesperson and gave my VIN. The salesperson went on his computer, entered the number and
everything went back to normal. It took 5 minutes max.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't think you fully realize how screwed up the Audi Connect thing can be. I've completely given up on it working. It took about 1 hour for my dealer to get the key user business sorted. Then I was told the rest should be easy. I never got it fully working as the car would never accept my login credentials.

When I'm next there for service I'll have it sorted by them.

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
but I already mentioned above that you don’t have to do the dealer at all
Old 10-01-2022, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by lstereo
I don't think you fully realize how screwed up the Audi Connect thing can be. I've completely given up on it working. It took about 1 hour for my dealer to get the key user business sorted. Then I was told the rest should be easy. I never got it fully working as the car would never accept my login credentials.

When I'm next there for service I'll have it sorted by them.
You’re incorrect.

I do this ALL day long for clients. Have there been times where the system is down and new activations can’t be completed? Yep.

But there is also a very defined procedure that Audi has given its dealers (or should I say, those who bother to read the emails) about the exact steps and workarounds. If your dealer chooses to not follow those steps, then yes, it’s incredibly annoying. I’d be annoyed too. I don’t have a single client this year who’s initial trial wasn’t fully operational either on the day of delivery (I do them in advance of client arrival), or within a few days, if I have to reach out to the support team (via their internal Zendesk widget, which is for dealers only, is VIN specific.

Audi even PAYS us to activate the trials for people! In months past, it was for only activating AudiConnect. Now it’s part of what they call a “Perfect Delivery”, meaning various things checked, rechecked, AudiConnect being one of them. But still, every time our trainer comes in for quarterly reports (or, in the past where it was virtual during Covid), we were routinely at the top for activation as a % of sales. Some dealers on the chart were at 10-15%. Meaning, they either didn’t bother to do it at all, or they were lazy and didn’t follow the proper steps afforded to dealers.

I have no idea what year car you have, or model, but I’ll repeat this for new people resding

Effectice from ~ October 2021, there is NO separate setting up of a key user in the car. When we activate the initial trial for the client, the key user is automatically setup. Once that process is done, we log the client into the car (email/password), key in the 4 digit pin (keeps them logged in), and it’s done. The same login credentials are then used to login to the app, and the data pushes/pulls, between car and app.

Yes, there are definitely times where it goes out. It’s annoying for me too. But when there are planned outages (there’s one right now for new activations, though it’s intermittent till tomorrow evening at some time), Audi notifies every dealer…so they can communicate it to the client. Sometimes outages are unplanned. Again, I get it, ir sucks. But there is zero reason for anyone to be waiting months for the initial trial to be activated at delivery, or within a few days thereof.

The initial migration away from ATT to Verizon was a mess. Totally with you there. It affected a lot of 2021 models. I was often sending forth zendesk support tickets for activation failures. As 2022s came out and the new procedure was set forth, it became far better. Through this year, I can count on 2 hands how many support tickets I’ve had to open. Any time I have, they are replied to within days, with the exact steps to get that client/car going.

Overall Im not a big fan of the setup to begin with. I have enough apps. I never wonder “did I lock my car?” Sending Nav destinations to the car is convenient. The rest isn’t life altering. But for the EV/Hybrid people, it’s far, far more critical. Totally get it.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 10-01-2022 at 03:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SCarGuy:
Nikon1 (10-01-2022), Tesla1856 (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

My 2020 S5… I couldn’t even get the site/app to accept my key user credentials. The dealer did it. Currently the car reminds me to finish setting up. For whatever reason, it will not accept my myaudi credentials.

I feel like deleting all accounts and starting over again but…

Strangely enough the only feature I would use is the remote lock/unlock. I use Waze or Apple Maps for everything so using send to my car means nothing to me.

My 2017 Volvo XC90 had other features I would use - remote start, pre-heat/cool, etc.