Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New SB - Window Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New SB - Window Issues

Came out to my 3 day old car this morning and I noticed the driver's window wasn't seated correctly. It was "outside" of the seal, I'm sure everyone has noticed how the window goes down a bit when opening the door and back up when it closes - it looks like this did not happen correctly and I did not notice when I last shut it.

And of course since it stormed here last night (and it was outside), it allowed some moisture inside the car. Didn't seem like a lot, so I didn't think it was a big deal, but the driver's window (others are fine) has been behaving even more erratically since then:

- One touch doesn't work at all, either up or down.
- When opening the door, it sometimes goes halfway down! vs .the 1/4 inch to clear the seal.
- Up/down (when held), sometimes, but not always, only happens in 1" starts/stops. Need to release and press again to get it to move.

Needless to say, it's back to the dealer's tomorrow. I don't know if this is the same issue that caused the window not to seal in the first place or if the moisture that let in caused a malfunction.

Anyone every experience similar problems w/ the windows? The entire 'open/close 1/4" when you open/close the door' thing really seems overly complex and a longer term recipe for disaster (or expensive repairs).
Old 08-07-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocko76
Came out to my 3 day old car this morning and I noticed the driver's window wasn't seated correctly. It was "outside" of the seal, I'm sure everyone has noticed how the window goes down a bit when opening the door and back up when it closes - it looks like this did not happen correctly and I did not notice when I last shut it.

And of course since it stormed here last night (and it was outside), it allowed some moisture inside the car. Didn't seem like a lot, so I didn't think it was a big deal, but the driver's window (others are fine) has been behaving even more erratically since then:

- One touch doesn't work at all, either up or down.
- When opening the door, it sometimes goes halfway down! vs .the 1/4 inch to clear the seal.
- Up/down (when held), sometimes, but not always, only happens in 1" starts/stops. Need to release and press again to get it to move.

Needless to say, it's back to the dealer's tomorrow. I don't know if this is the same issue that caused the window not to seal in the first place or if the moisture that let in caused a malfunction.

Anyone every experience similar problems w/ the windows? The entire 'open/close 1/4" when you open/close the door' thing really seems overly complex and a longer term recipe for disaster (or expensive repairs).
obviously, you have a problem with your window. The technology of the window rolling down slightly and then going up after the door shut is nothing new for Audi. Fact it's quite common on all high-end luxury cars in frameless windows. I wouldn't be worried about that, I would be worried about the fact you got a lemon somehow.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a similar issue with my SB. One morning the window would only roll down halfway and took along time to get it to roll up.

Took it to the dealer and they reset the pinch protection. Seems like once and awhile they can go haywire. This was a few weeks after I got the car and it has been fine since.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Somehow I missed this thread. My car starting also having the window issue yesterday. Now it works properly today.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Man is it just me or does this car seem to have a number of early glitches...?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Man is it just me or does this car seem to have a number of early glitches...?

This makes 2 for me: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25021143