Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Ordered S5 Sportback. But is the dealer BSing me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered S5 Sportback. But is the dealer BSing me?

Went over to the dealer, paid a deposit of $1000 and confirmed a factory order. However, when I asked if it's possible to track the order, the sales guy said it is not, and they would only let me know when it reaches the port. Is the guy BSing me for whatever reason? or is it true that factory orders can not be tracked?
Old 09-07-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your dealer is either playing with you or ignorant of what they can do. During my build process, I would get regular updates from my dealer and he told me when it boarded the ship and when the ship left the port.....Hamburg I think. Also when it arrived in Houston. Unfortunately it then got lost in customs and the updates stopped at that point. Once it cleared he informed me when it had left Houston and approx. delivery so I could schedule my time around that. Press your boy or go to mgmt for an answer.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

He is BSing you. He can sign you up for the Owner in Waiting program, where you will receive an email at major milestones. As a dealer he has access to tracking data. For example, I was at my dealer today and he showed me the order detail screen. My car completed production yesterday and now is in rail transit to Emden. In a couple days he can give me the name of the cargo vessel for transport to the Davisville, RI port.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I received emails at major milestones during the order/build/delivery process. There weren't that many updates but it was good to have that info anyway.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by steverl
He is BSing you. He can sign you up for the Owner in Waiting program, where you will receive an email at major milestones. As a dealer he has access to tracking data. For example, I was at my dealer today and he showed me the order detail screen. My car completed production yesterday and now is in rail transit to Emden. In a couple days he can give me the name of the cargo vessel for transport to the Davisville, RI port.
Just got the sales guy to sign me up for program. Thanks guys
Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Just got the sales guy to sign me up for program. Thanks guys
You should also have the BS sales guy provide you with the Commission Number. If he's actually ordered the car, he has one, and with the Comm # you can contact AoA or any other dealer for an up-to-date status on where your car is in the process.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Not really getting the run around but since I placed my order on 7/2 for this car, my dealer is telling me this:

"No I don't know when they will start the build. I just checked on it and it is still in order waitlist status."

And this...
"The vehicle is frozen to changes because of the red seats. It is still being delayed."

I do have a commission number issued but with the plant closure last month and this waitlist status, I'm wondering when this car will get built...my F-Type goes back 10/24.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Not really getting the run around but since I placed my order on 7/2 for this car, my dealer is telling me this:

"No I don't know when they will start the build. I just checked on it and it is still in order waitlist status."

And this...
"The vehicle is frozen to changes because of the red seats. It is still being delayed."

I do have a commission number issued but with the plant closure last month and this waitlist status, I'm wondering when this car will get built...my F-Type goes back 10/24.
I hope that is not the current status for your order. The order waitlist status means that your dealer so far does not have an allocation for a S5 Coupe. The frozen to changes does not make sense because the order will go from waitlist to factory, and then there is a window where changes are allowed until it is "frozen to changes" and a date is listed on the internal dealer update page (which will be anywhere from a few days to a month out). If your car is still really listed as order waitlist today, that means you are at least 3 months out before you will see that car in the US. In my case the order took 120 days, and that was with my dealer using an existing allocation that was still changeable to have my car built.

Last edited by heisnuts; 09-07-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I hope that is not the current status for your order. The order waitlist status means that your dealer so far does not have an allocation for a S5 Coupe. The frozen to changes does not make sense because the order will go from waitlist to factory, and then there is a window where changes are allowed until it is "frozen to changes" and a date is listed on the internal dealer update page (which will be anywhere from a few days to a month out). If your car is still really listed as order waitlist today, that means you are at least 3 months out before you will see that car in the US. In my case the order took 120 days, and that was with my dealer using an existing allocation that was still changeable to have my car built...
Well the very first thing my salesman told me upon initial contact was that he does have allocation...this is Audi SF so I would think they'd have pretty good allocation compared to most.

I'm really not in a hurry to receive the car since I have others to drive, I just think it's curious that we initiated this on 7/2 and now 2 months later, you're telling me I'm looking at 3 months additional...?

Something sounds fishy...and even after asking point blank "Do you have allocation"...I still can't get a straight answer.

While the salesman is probably telling me everything he knows, it sounds like a conversation with the SM or GM is in order.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys. The dealer just sent me a report of the order status.
There's something else I wanna know if the dealer is BSing me on,
So, I opted for the 18 inch wheels with All Season Tires. However, in the report, there is no mention of that option at all. Does it mean, the dealer has not included the tire option as part of the order? I know Summer tires come as standard, I am worried for whatever reason, if the dealer is BSing again...

Quick Reply: Ordered S5 Sportback. But is the dealer BSing me?