Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Ordered S5 Sportback. But is the dealer BSing me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Well the very first thing my salesman told me upon initial contact was that he does have allocation...this is Audi SF so I would think they'd have pretty good allocation compared to most.

I'm really not in a hurry to receive the car since I have others to drive, I just think it's curious that we initiated this on 7/2 and now 2 months later, you're telling me I'm looking at 3 months additional...?

Something sounds fishy...and even after asking point blank "Do you have allocation"...I still can't get a straight answer.

While the salesman is probably telling me everything he knows, it sounds like a conversation with the SM or GM is in order.
I would ask the SM to show you a current screen shot of the order status. It might be that the sales person does not know the current status of the order so he is just telling you we are "waiting" for the car. As long ans there are ETA dates on the order status and it shows "factory" instead of "order waitlist", you should be good to go. However, if if still shows Order Waitlist, you might want to deal with that now instead of next month when the Jag goes back.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Thanks guys. The dealer just sent me a report of the order status.
There's something else I wanna know if the dealer is BSing me on,
So, I opted for the 18 inch wheels with All Season Tires. However, in the report, there is no mention of that option at all. Does it mean, the dealer has not included the tire option as part of the order? I know Summer tires come as standard, I am worried for whatever reason, if the dealer is BSing again...
If you want the 18" wheels with the A/S tires, there should be a line for that in the order. It is a no cost option, so there will not be a dollar amount to it, but if nothing is listed, the car will come with 18" Summer Only tires.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This should be on your order for the A/S tires: HU9 - 18" 245/40 all-season tires
Old 09-08-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I would ask the SM to show you a current screen shot of the order status. It might be that the sales person does not know the current status of the order so he is just telling you we are "waiting" for the car. As long ans there are ETA dates on the order status and it shows "factory" instead of "order waitlist", you should be good to go. However, if if still shows Order Waitlist, you might want to deal with that now instead of next month when the Jag goes back...
Thanks for that info, I was originally expecting a late November/early December arrival so I'm hoping I'm still good there...certainly want to take possession this year.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for that info, I was originally expecting a late November/early December arrival so I'm hoping I'm still good there...certainly want to take possession this year.
You can engage directly with Audi Customer support at: Audi USA Sold Order Tracking?

They provided me with all the ETAs and confirmed that production status of my car. You will need your COMM # (which can be provided by your sales person).
Old 09-08-2017, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
You can engage directly with Audi Customer support at: Audi USA Sold Order Tracking?

They provided me with all the ETAs and confirmed that production status of my car. You will need your COMM # (which can be provided by your sales person).
Thanks for that, I do have a Commission number and have made contact with them.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I hope that is not the current status for your order. The order waitlist status means that your dealer so far does not have an allocation for a S5 Coupe. The frozen to changes does not make sense because the order will go from waitlist to factory, and then there is a window where changes are allowed until it is "frozen to changes" and a date is listed on the internal dealer update page (which will be anywhere from a few days to a month out). If your car is still really listed as order waitlist today, that means you are at least 3 months out before you will see that car in the US. In my case the order took 120 days, and that was with my dealer using an existing allocation that was still changeable to have my car built.
I would push them for an allocation spot. My S5 which was ordered back on May 27 was delivered two weeks ago but the S4 for my wife was initially set up for end of December.
We complained and they switched to a previously set up spot. Now we should expect our S4 for end of October.
Perhaps the dealer is holding a spot for himself rather than you?
Insist upon an earlier delivery.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Damon44
I would push them for an allocation spot. My S5 which was ordered back on May 27 was delivered two weeks ago but the S4 for my wife was initially set up for end of December.
We complained and they switched to a previously set up spot. Now we should expect our S4 for end of October.
Perhaps the dealer is holding a spot for himself rather than you?
Insist upon an earlier delivery...
I emailed the SM last Friday and received this response:

"Apologizes about any inconveniences. I just emailed my Audi area Sales Manager to give me an update on your order. Currently the vehicle is still on order wait list. The vehicle was pushed through at the time but didn't get picked up in our last allocation. I just sent an email to Audi distribution and will get you an update soon as possible."

And then an hour later I received this...although I don't know how much of it I can believe:

"I just got another allocation for an S5 from my area sales manager. Allocation will be published this Monday and yours will be sent to the factory first. I will have an update for you early next week when it is all complete."

Still waiting to hear back from him this week to make sure the order was pulled and scheduled...but it appears I've been waiting 2 months for nothing and it doesn't look like I'll have a car this year.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you already have a Comm #... it should already be in the pipeline (or order waitlist) and you should have an estimated build (production) week.
This should be at the top of the Comm # page (Ask your dealer for a screen shot) For example... 3817 - suggests that your car is scheduled to be built next week.
I'm not sure why they are saying "another allocation"... your order should be flagged/marked as SOLD and should not be part of a general allocation that is destined for the dealer's lot.. I ordered mine 4/10, it went into production 6/12 and I took delivery 7/29... however I had a custom paint color which added approx 5 weeks to the build, I hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I emailed the SM last Friday and received this response:

"Apologizes about any inconveniences. I just emailed my Audi area Sales Manager to give me an update on your order. Currently the vehicle is still on order wait list. The vehicle was pushed through at the time but didn't get picked up in our last allocation. I just sent an email to Audi distribution and will get you an update soon as possible."

And then an hour later I received this...although I don't know how much of it I can believe:

"I just got another allocation for an S5 from my area sales manager. Allocation will be published this Monday and yours will be sent to the factory first. I will have an update for you early next week when it is all complete."

Still waiting to hear back from him this week to make sure the order was pulled and scheduled...but it appears I've been waiting 2 months for nothing and it doesn't look like I'll have a car this year.
That is too bad - if you are going to be waitlisted then they should probably adjust the price down for you. By the time you have it supply v demand may be different and other dealers may be pricing it more aggressively... plus, your 18 vehicle will be a few months short for a 19 vehicle and that also impacts sales price/resale price. Not cool!

Quick Reply: Ordered S5 Sportback. But is the dealer BSing me?