Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cbboarder
Here's the back story. Bought the wife our first Audi 2 weeks ago, A6 3.0T with Comp Pack. She luvs it! Last week I had to take it back to the dealer so they could fix a small "ding" in bumper. While I was there the dealer was staging the new RS5. I made a passing comment about trading my 2015 Z06 straight up. Next thing you know, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So here I am today with 2 beautiful Audi's. Here's a pic of the RS. And yes there is some sellers remorse as the vette is a beast.
Very nice trade. I had a C6 Corvette for 12 years and it was fun but nowhere near the refinement of my S5. It also does not have the service support that the Audi has since you are taking your car to the same service department that services the Chevy Spark and Chevy Malibu and there is no distinction at most Chevy dealers among the two. The one thing Corvette does have if the community feeling. I ordered mine when they first became available, flew out to Bowling Green and spent the day on the assembly line watching it being built, started it up for the first time on the line, drove it off the assembly line and was given it's "birth certificate" from the plant. It was an amazing experience and the Corvette Forum has a lot of Corvette enthusiasts who are really passionate about the brand. It is by far one of the most helpful forums out there and you can't go more than a few minutes before more post pop up. Then there's all the Corvette events at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and senior management of the Corvette team who participate in the events and the forum.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ArvX147
Wheels are 19x9.5 ET 35, Tires Michelin PS/AS3+ 255/35/19.

Tires are square-ish on the sidewall, I think one could easily go 265 tire width with no rub at this offset.
Why you didn't put 265?
If a 265 would rub, it would be inside at that offset, right?
Old 04-03-2018, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
Why you didn't put 265?
If a 265 would rub, it would be inside at that offset, right?
Might push the wheels out later and don't want to have to change, no real reason to add width the car doesn't need 265 tires for traction.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Very nice trade. I had a C6 Corvette for 12 years and it was fun but nowhere near the refinement of my S5. It also does not have the service support that the Audi has since you are taking your car to the same service department that services the Chevy Spark and Chevy Malibu and there is no distinction at most Chevy dealers among the two. The one thing Corvette does have if the community feeling. I ordered mine when they first became available, flew out to Bowling Green and spent the day on the assembly line watching it being built, started it up for the first time on the line, drove it off the assembly line and was given it's "birth certificate" from the plant. It was an amazing experience and the Corvette Forum has a lot of Corvette enthusiasts who are really passionate about the brand. It is by far one of the most helpful forums out there and you can't go more than a few minutes before more post pop up. Then there's all the Corvette events at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and senior management of the Corvette team who participate in the events and the forum.
Yeah, the corvette forum is a great source for everything Corvette. I never made it to Bowling Green but always heard great things. I did make 2 trips to the Ron Fellows corvette driving school at Spring Mountain. Great fun!

RS5 obviously is a different animal. The fit and finish in the RS is far and away better than the C7 which was far and away better than the C6. But that 6.2L supercharged engine was glorious....

Still, I'm loving the change. Headed to the N.GA Mtn's this weekend. Should be fun!
Old 04-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Very nice, pictures of the Corvette?

Yes, white, black and red is the best color combo on almost any car.....
Old 04-07-2018, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Summer setup. Going for that OEM+ look with the RS5 20" V-Spokes.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice s5ecific! What is your suspension setup?
Old 04-07-2018, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mtlquattro
Very nice s5ecific! What is your suspension setup?
Stock suspension. Was thinking of getting lowering springs before I put them on... not so sure right now. Pretty happy with the look (and gap).
Old 04-07-2018, 04:45 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by s5ecific
Summer setup. Going for that OEM+ look with the RS5 20" V-Spokes.

Love those rims!
Old 04-07-2018, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Love those rims!
Thanks N8!

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5