Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are factory. I heard the same things about the eBay ones but haven’t seen it in person myself.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob O
Euro heads ...

... and tails
2 questions:
  1. Headlights: other than losing the amber side markers, are the headlights any different?
  2. Tail Lights: are the turn signals/flashers amber versus the NA red and are the lenses still red when not on?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon63
2 questions:
  1. Headlights: other than losing the amber side markers, are the headlights any different?
  2. Tail Lights: are the turn signals/flashers amber versus the NA red and are the lenses still red when not on?
3. How was the coding, was it pretty simple or did you have a shop do it? I want to get the smoked ones, but a little nervous about the coding involved.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon63
2 questions:
1. Light output is slightly different, with a more pronounced cutoff and sharper beam. I wish I'd done before/after pics. But, TBH, it's really just an expensive way to do a clean (OE) orange reflector delete. LOL

I'd hoped that matrix LED programming could be done eventually, but that relies on the "guts" of the headlight and true Matrix LED lights in Euro-spec models are different than what we get on US-spec (and with front e-codes, only the housing is different ... the OE LED bits transfer over from stock housings to the euro-spec housings).

2. The euro-spec tail light housings are all red, looking pretty much identical to US-spec when lights are off. When indicators come on, they display orange and are discrete (function separately) from the Brake and tail lights/DLRs ... unlike US spec. On US-spec housings, in addition to displaying red, the brake light blinks in addition to the sweeping signal. Both are due to EPA/DOT regulation, with the color being defined and the brake light blinking due to sweeping LED not reaching minimum brightness (light distribution) as defined in guidelines.

I believe my parking lights are on in both of these (since I usually engage parking lights when taking pics)

Originally Posted by Elote
3. How was the coding, was it pretty simple or did you have a shop do it? I want to get the smoked ones, but a little nervous about the coding involved.
3. My shop did it, so I can't help. I know they reached out Alex@europrice for some additional guidance. I also know you need VCP to do properly enable the rear euro-spec housings -- neither VAGCOM (VCDS) nor OBDeleven (or similar) can acommodate. Don't recall though if VCP was solely needed to do the orange delete on fronts.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Prestige Blk/Magma red

Old 05-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 242 Likes on 195 Posts

Thanks for the post Rob O!

For anyone interested in the European taillights, standard or blackline. In order to set the Rest of World (EU) parameters VCP (Vag Can Pro) is required. So far no other interface has the ability to set the taillight parameters properly. It's actually not a hard procedure, VCP is a little less intuitive than VCDS or OBD11 but it's more powerful. All taillight kits come with step-by-step instructions on how to use VCP to properly setup the taillights once installed.

The European taillights feature separate discrete orange sweeping turn signals, no brake light blinking with turn, possibility to add a rear fog and no side marker. You can code the taillights to run as DRL separately if wanted.

A5, S5, RS5 B9 '17+ Lighting

If anyone has any other questions don't hesitate to post here or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 05-20-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Spring is here....

Old 05-20-2018, 01:26 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Very Nice - and no mist / rain, FTW,
Old 05-21-2018, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts