Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I plan on wrapping the whole car primarily because I want the paint protection not just from rock chips but small dings on the door, chips on the rocker panel, crap on the roof. I guess the safest place to not get wrapped would be the rear bumper but at that point you might as well wrap the whole car if you're gonna wrap 85% of it.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rius
I plan on wrapping the whole car primarily because I want the paint protection not just from rock chips but small dings on the door, chips on the rocker panel, crap on the roof. I guess the safest place to not get wrapped would be the rear bumper but at that point you might as well wrap the whole car if you're gonna wrap 85% of it.
I'm primarily basing my decision on where my previous cars have taken damage. My Lexus IS 350 f sport got a lot of damage on the front bumper, a small scratch towards the center of the hood, minor dings on the mirrors and some scratches on the rocker panel. The doors, pillars and roof were fine as well as the rear of the car. I did however have some small scratches under the driver door handle.

I would be wrapping the entire front including the bumper, lights, full hood, A pillars, mirrors and rocker panels. These are the areas that I see the most damage occurring. Then I'm ceramic coating the entire car and this should help prevent small scratches like the ones under the drivers door handle.

Wrapping the entire car vs what I'd have wrapped is a difference of about $2000. I don't think its worth it. The ceramic coating should help protect the paint in those low impact areas.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I'm primarily basing my decision on where my previous cars have taken damage. My Lexus IS 350 f sport got a lot of damage on the front bumper, a small scratch towards the center of the hood, minor dings on the mirrors and some scratches on the rocker panel. The doors, pillars and roof were fine as well as the rear of the car. I did however have some small scratches under the driver door handle.

I would be wrapping the entire front including the bumper, lights, full hood, A pillars, mirrors and rocker panels. These are the areas that I see the most damage occurring. Then I'm ceramic coating the entire car and this should help prevent small scratches like the ones under the drivers door handle.

Wrapping the entire car vs what I'd have wrapped is a difference of about $2000. I don't think its worth it. The ceramic coating should help protect the paint in those low impact areas.
You can get the handle cups done with ppf. I had mine done to prevent scratches.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 585 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21

I did PPF on bumper only and ceramic coated entire car and washed it for the first time today using this product and method and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was and how well it worked. If it lasts 4-5 years like that, I'll be very happy. it was recommended by my installer:
(you can jump to the 2 minute mark)
Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I didn't take the pictures..... (salesman could definitely use some help).
And it's not an A5/S5, but they're related!
It's technically not mine yet... but should be by next weekend!!!!

Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisBWJ
Well, I didn't take the pictures..... (salesman could definitely use some help).

welcome to the family!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Looks amazing!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

OMG the pearl of the daytona really pops under those lights!! Beautiful car!
Old 01-27-2019, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Congrats on choosing the best color!
Old 01-27-2019, 04:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Congrats on choosing the best color!
X2!

CONGRATULATIONS on your new wheels.

Happy Motoring!

— John

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5