Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
X2!
CONGRATULATIONS on your new wheels.
Happy Motoring!
— John
X3 Very nice. Good luck getting through the week.
Rich
Old 01-27-2019, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love those black audi rings and badges. Was unsure about how I would feel about the black front rings but I love it!
Old 01-27-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I love those black audi rings and badges. Was unsure about how I would feel about the black front rings but I love it!
I'm tempted to do black rear rings but leave the front silver myself.. Just seems like too much black space up front with the grill without having something to break it up a little to me. I think I would rather just pull the rings off the front and just have a full mesh grill instead of getting the black rings up there.

Last edited by heymoe; 01-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I'm tempted to do black rear rings but leave the front silver myself.. Just seems like too much black space up front with the grill without having something to break it up a little to me. I think I would rather just pull the rings off the front and just have a full mesh grill instead of getting the black rings up there.
I actually like the all blacked out look.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I actually like the all blacked out look.
It's funny I almost told the salesman no after he told me ordered them for me. I'm glad I left it the way it is.

I've since seen them on another RS and thought it really looked sharp. The rings are subtley-present, but they don't stand out. In a sense it becomes a ninja-Audi. Which may become the new nickname....Ninja....
Old 01-27-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I’ve been thinking about this for awhile myself. I ordered the black badges but they messed up and picked the rear airbags as that was the next option on the order form list. Sine taking delivery this week I ordered black rings from the dealer and will probably start only with the back. I enjoy the contrast and black badges on my Nardo look sick but not sure I want to hide the rings on the front of the car. On the other hand the black RS5 logo still retains the red box which is also pretty sweet and draws attention to the sport logo. Here I go again!! Whatever ya’ll do please post close-up pics so we can learn from each other’s experiments!
Old 01-27-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked her up from the detailer yesterday and now the countdown to 1k miles begins.

I posted 2 pics as I find it interesting how the color looks so different in different lighting conditions, both were taken near sunset and perhaps the top image was enhanced by the shop but both look good IMO so thought I’d share!

Old 01-27-2019, 08:41 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

I ordered the Audi front & rear black rings as well as a 3rd party S5 badge. Before I could change the front rings on the stock grille, I ordered and installed the EMD grille — which looks to have an “off size” set of chrome rings. Consequently, I still have the genuine Audi front black rings in the package.

A happy trade-off to have the EMD grille on the nose.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1

I ordered the Audi front & rear black rings as well as a 3rd party S5 badge. Before I could change the front rings on the stock grille, I ordered and installed the EMD grille — which looks to have an “off size” set of chrome rings. Consequently, I still have the genuine Audi front black rings in the package.

A happy trade-off to have the EMD grille on the nose.
looks like the black OeM rings are gloss while the 3rd party badge is matte. Is that right? I’d like them to match and am considering buying aftermarket rings to match the finish.

BTW...Did you get those badges from TAG?
Old 01-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323

looks like the black OeM rings are gloss while the 3rd party badge is matte. Is that right? I’d like them to match and am considering buying aftermarket rings to match the finish.

BTW...Did you get those badges from TAG?
The rings came from Valenti Audi (they discount Audi parts) while the S5 badge came from a seller in the U.K. The S5 badges were a slightly bit smaller than the factory S5 badges — not enough to be noticeable unless you put them side-by-side.

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5