Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
looks like the black OeM rings are gloss while the 3rd party badge is matte. Is that right? I’d like them to match and am considering buying aftermarket rings to match the finish.
OEM do look to be glossy

Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
Picked her up from the detailer yesterday and now the countdown to 1k miles begins.

I posted 2 pics as I find it interesting how the color looks so different in different lighting conditions, both were taken near sunset and perhaps the top image was enhanced by the shop but both look good IMO so thought I’d share!
That is such a sharp looking color!!! I kept going back and forth between the two.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 346 Likes on 199 Posts

His and hers today.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Last night, it was raining very hard, we'd just got home from a trip to the Keys, and it was very filthy from road dirt, so I left it out for the heavy rain to rinse the top layer off, then after a while, I backed it into the garage, this is what it looked like after that. Pretty cool beading up from the ceramic coating.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tundraman
Pretty cool beading up from the ceramic coating.

Impressive. Love the color.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Last night, it was raining very hard, we'd just got home from a trip to the Keys, and it was very filthy from road dirt, so I left it out for the heavy rain to rinse the top layer off, then after a while, I backed it into the garage, this is what it looked like after that. Pretty cool beading up from the ceramic coating.

this is why i love the ceramic coating, just some rain and clean snow and the car is back to being somewhat clean
Old 01-28-2019, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

She has arrived!!!

Old 01-28-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
She has arrived!!!
Looks great! Now time to get it PPF/Ceramic!

That does look pretty cool - I have avoided the rain since getting ceramic, because it's been cold out and I didn't want to have to wash it. However, I am really wanting to see the beading affect. Hopefully it rains soon and I can't avoid!
Old 01-28-2019, 01:21 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
That does look pretty cool - I have avoided the rain since getting ceramic, because it's been cold out and I didn't want to have to wash it. However, I am really wanting to see the beading affect. Hopefully it rains soon and I can't avoid!
Seems like we’ve had NOTHING but rain and mine looks like Tundraman’s — It just beads up and then evaporates. Ceramic is certainly a modern “miracle” as far as creating a hydrophobic surface!

Old 01-28-2019, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
She has arrived!!!
Dude that looks amazing! Know you've been waiting for a long time and glad to see she's finally here.

And so is mine! I love this color in the different light angles. I've been wanting an Audi A5/S5 since 2012 and finally got one!

As a side note what do yall think about getting the extended term premium warranty? The dealer offered 7 yrs/100k miles for 3900 or 7 yrs/120k miles (I drive a lot) for 4200. My main concern are the electronics. Stuff like the virtual cockpit is so new and unproven and I'm afraid if it randomly breaks down in 5 years then I'm screwed and it definitely won't be cheap to replace I'd imagine.

And where do you guys put the jack ? Right now it's just sitting in the back

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5