Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Seems like we’ve had NOTHING but rain and mine looks like Tundraman’s — It just beads up and then evaporates. Ceramic is certainly a modern “miracle” as far as creating a hydrophobic surface!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Now I need to get her washed, and I'm going to put PS Bead maker over the ceramic coating. (it goes over wax/sealants/ceramics) Good stuff. (and you don't have to throw your towels away after. Supposed to bead as much or more than ceramic and is a great topper, hoping it extends the ceramic's life.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:50 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by Tundraman
Looks great! The jack and tools in the S5 Sportback, sits in a section of the floor in front of the spare tire, near the back of the back seats, there's a little tiny cloth tab, pull up on that, and the tools sit in there. (it took a bit for me at first, to pull mine up the first time, but it does come up). I was looking for a screwdriver this past weekend to use at a rental house we were at, and thought there'd be one in my car toolset (there is) but it took a while (and a search here for tool) before I found it.

-Tundraman
Having had my S5 Coupé for almost 8 months, and having no idea where the jack & tools are, I thought as a responsible driver I needed to find it before I needed it.

So I popped the trunk, pulled out the trunk liner and opened the spare tire storage lid (clever how the lid lock has a hook that attaches to the weather sealing strip on the trunk cavity) as I thought the jack & tools were under the spare, so a couple of spins on the spare tire lock down and lifting out the spare revealed a massive battery . . . And nothing else!

After I put the spare back and locked it down I was confused as to where the jack & tools were. As I was reseating the spare tire lid, it moved in a strange direction so I pulled the whole spare tire lid out and there I found the storage area, between the rear seat backs and the spare tire.

Thanks to some long time members who have provided plenty of hints as to where everything resides!

— John

Last edited by Nikon1; 01-29-2019 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Looks great! The jack and tools in the S5 Sportback, sits in a section of the floor in front of the spare tire, near the back of the back seats, there's a little tiny cloth tab, pull up on that, and the tools sit in there. (it took a bit for me at first, to pull mine up the first time, but it does come up). I was looking for a screwdriver this past weekend to use at a rental house we were at, and thought there'd be one in my car toolset (there is) but it took a while (and a search here for tool) before I found it.

-Tundraman
Unfortunately, that's not the case for the 2019. Audi changed the storage area under the trunk (apparently more space is consumed by the hardware for the Audi phone box) and now the jack is kept inside a bag, loose in the trunk. What an elegant solution.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:55 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Unfortunately, that's not the case for the 2019. Audi changed the storage area under the trunk (apparently more space is consumed by the hardware for the Audi phone box) and now the jack is kept inside a bag, loose in the trunk. What an elegant solution.
Yeah — that’s not a very elegant solution at all! I’m surprised that Audi dropped the ball on that.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Yeah — that’s not a very elegant solution at all! I’m surprised that Audi dropped the ball on that.
Probably another cost-cutting measure. Between that and the removal of the "S" logo on the rear brake calipers, they'll pay back those Dieselgate fines in no time.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's what I was afraid of ☹. I guess I'll just keep it tucked away and strapped downed in the back until a better solution comes along. I tried shoving it in every nook and cranny in the spare tire well but couldn't find anywhere where it would fit.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 231 Posts

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Now I need to get her washed, and I'm going to put PS Bead maker over the ceramic coating. (it goes over wax/sealants/ceramics) Good stuff. (and you don't have to throw your towels away after. Supposed to bead as much or more than ceramic and is a great topper, hoping it extends the ceramic's life.
@Tundraman -- That PS Bead Maker seems like a pretty nice product! Has anyone else here used it? I'd love to hear of your experiences.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh that sucks. yeah, like someone else said, they dropped the ball on that one!
Old 01-29-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by garberfc
@Tundraman -- That PS Bead Maker seems like a pretty nice product! Has anyone else here used it? I'd love to hear of your experiences.
There are a number of reviews of it on Youtube by some detailers to check it out and see their comments on it (and comments to the videos). We'll see, looks almost too good to be true, but we'll see.

-Tundraman
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 231 Posts

There are a number of reviews of it on Youtube by some detailers to check it out and see their comments on it (and comments to the videos). We'll see, looks almost too good to be true, but we'll see.

-Tundraman
I just found this posting on the AudiWorld forum. I'm watching it now...

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5