Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtlquattro
The other night! Right before the turbo and fmic swap
Old 01-29-2019, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Just watched the reviews on P&S Beadmaker. Ordered one bottle to try it out and see what the hype is about and it will be perfect for my ceramic coat .
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
Just watched the reviews on P&S Beadmaker. Ordered one bottle to try it out and see what the hype is about and it will be perfect for my ceramic coat .
Awesome, let us know if it's worth the hype
Old 01-30-2019, 02:55 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,399 Posts

The other night! Right before the turbo and fmic swap
WOW! You are serious about boost! Can you post some “installation” shots?

Old 01-30-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Wow, that intercooler looks like it's capable of freezing the air. What kind of HP/Tq gains you looking at?
Sadly I did not take the time to take shots during the install, I had it done by my mechanic. All in all he said it was pretty straight forward and took total of 6h to get it in with the intercooler.

The turbo is a gtx3582 ball bearing with a gen2 billet compressor wheel for maximum spool. This is a genuine garrett chra fitted in a machined stock housing. It can flow up to 800hp with proper fueling. Now I am still on stock fueling and building my way up in boost. Currently running it at a moderate 24psi which I estimate somewhere between 500-550 hp on pump without meth. Next in is wmi and upgraded lpfp so I could push it over 25psi maybe close to 30psi sometime soon. 600hp should not be to difficult to achieve.

Also the cts intercooler seems to do an awesome job, my iat's logs are stuck at 32 degree during the whole pulls, multiple pulls. I must mention that it's 0 degree here so it's not very representative of everyones reality but even in those conditions, with the stock fmic, iat's would rise quite a lot during a pull.

Last edited by mtlquattro; 01-30-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
Will be interested in some before / after beading shots. Using coats on coats over ceramic seem like overkill here, but let's see how it turns out!
Old 01-30-2019, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sadly I did not take the time to take shots during the install, I had it done by my mechanic. All in all he said it was pretty straight forward and took total of 6h to get it in with the intercooler.

The turbo is a gtx3582 ball bearing with a gen2 billet compressor wheel for maximum spool. This is a genuine garrett chra fitted in a machined stock housing. It can flow up to 800hp with proper fueling. Now I am still on stock fueling and building my way up in boost. Currently running it at a moderate 24psi which I estimate somewhere between 500-550 hp on pump without meth. Next in is wmi and upgraded lpfp so I could push it over 25psi maybe close to 30psi sometime soon. 600hp should not be to difficult to achieve.

Also the cts intercooler seems to do an awesome job, my iat's logs are stuck at 32 degree during the whole pulls, multiple pulls. I must mention that it's 0 degree here so it's not very representative of everyones reality but even in those conditions, with the stock fmic, iat's would rise quite a lot during a pull.
Where did you get the turbo from and assuming you are running a piggyback? Which one (JB4)? I went with ABT for now so can't really make any adjustments.

I installed my APR intercooler myself and it wasn't bad, almost the same basic steps for access as needed for the ES style grille.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Nardo
Where did you get the turbo from and assuming you are running a piggyback? Which one (JB4)? I went with ABT for now so can't really make any adjustments.

I installed my APR intercooler myself and it wasn't bad, almost the same basic steps for access as needed for the ES style grille.
I got the turbo from SRM/eurocode. I first got a stock brand new unit from a guy in Hungary who sells them for 850$ shipped. Then I sent that turbo to Sean at SRM for the upgrade so I can keep my stock turbo. I am using a jb4 for tuning, they came a long way since the release and with the latest firmware, we no longer have the drivetrain malfunction fault when letting the gas on higher boost maps. We can now tune boost targets using absolute values instead of additive values. It's got full control and integration of wmi and the latest addition is the BCM (boost control module) that can be purchased seperatly and allow for direct control of the wastegate instead of tricking the map/tmap sensors and letting the ecu compensate. This is a must for this turbo upgrade, it helps spool faster and keep boost levels all the way to the redline by applying the right amounts of pressure on the wastegate actuator. Fueling is still kept within the tuning logics of the stock ecu and all the failsafe are still in place. The jb4 is in constant development and there is obviously more to come like AFR control via the O2 sensors (to richen AFR a bit when we will be ready for crazy boost) or timing advance adjustments by spoofing the iat's values. What we know so far is that stock fueling is good for up to 25psi on 94 pump (winter blend for now) without wmi and the stock timing adaptation is very good.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RS5 grill installed and got my amber lights and headlights blacked out.

ig: offblack_s5
have more mods coming

Last edited by Stanler.c; 01-31-2019 at 09:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stanler.c:
hildy39 (08-31-2019), Peekb24 (10-09-2021)
Old 01-31-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

LOOKIN' GOOD!

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5