Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15

Nothing too special about the pic, but I picked up by S5 SB today. The delivery was far more dramatic than it should have been, but the process worked out well in the end.
Very nice! But it’s pointed the wrong way!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Congratulations. You have me wondering about the “drama” — hopefully you love the new car!

— John

Let's just say it's the first time I had a finance guy start yelling at me and look like he was about to jump over the desk because I pointed out an incorrect overcharge. It worked itself out, however, and I will receive a credit for the difference. Although the end of the transaction was unpleasant, at least the experience with the sales staff was very positive.

I'm really happy with the car so far and don't have any significant complaints. It has enough in common with my B8 A4 that it feels somewhat familiar, but everything is raised one or two levels. I was able to get a Prestige for almost the same price as the Premium Plus I previously ordered and though I previously didn't care much for most of the features unique to Prestige, the HUD and ACC are both welcome options. The Daytona Gray/Magma Red combination looks absolutely amazing.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Let's just say it's the first time I had a finance guy start yelling at me and look like he was about to jump over the desk because I pointed out an incorrect overcharge. It worked itself out, however, and I will receive a credit for the difference. Although the end of the transaction was unpleasant, at least the experience with the sales staff was very positive.
Yikes, the new McKinney dealership that overly communicates and prides themselves on customer service? There was an incorrect charge on mine, at the Plano dealership, and the finance guy quickly corrected it. Just goes to show you have to review everything, because mistakes do happen. Also, had an issue when I refinanced at a CU 90-days later. Review, review, review. Glad it worked out and it’s behind you!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Yikes, the new McKinney dealership that overly communicates and prides themselves on customer service? There was an incorrect charge on mine, at the Plano dealership, and the finance guy quickly corrected it. Just goes to show you have to review everything, because mistakes do happen. Also, had an issue when I refinanced at a CU 90-days later. Review, review, review. Glad it worked out and it’s behind you!

I actually bought at another dealership that received nearly my exact configuration in inventory because my order is still several months from arrival, so they can't be blamed.

Totally random question for S5/A5 owners: When the car is off and locked, are there thin, dim white LED strips above the door trim that remain illuminated? It looks kind of cool in my garage, but I'm not sure if this is intended behavior.

EDIT: Nevermind, they shut off after somewhere between five and ten minutes.

Last edited by JD15; 02-16-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Quick photo on this gloomy So Cal day. Just had Formula One Pinnacle 30 front, 15 rear and trunk. Dropping the car off Tuesday for Feynlab Self Heal Lite.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw an A5 in this color at the Portland Auto Show... absolutely loved it. Like those wheels as well - better than my S5 Cavos IMO.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by abiley84
Quick photo on this gloomy So Cal day. Just had Formula One Pinnacle 30 front, 15 rear and trunk. Dropping the car off Tuesday for Feynlab Self Heal Lite.

Do you have more pics? How did you get black optics with the 19” wheels? No spacers or springs?

Edit: oh I see you swapped the 20” for the A5’s “Audi Sport” wheels or whatever they’re called.

Last edited by belzebutt; 02-17-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt

Do you have more pics? How did you get black optics with the 19” wheels? No spacers or springs?
The MY19 A5 comes with Black Optics. Also when choosing Ascari Blue as the color, it's automatically P+, Black Optics, and S-Line Sport. I will take pics this weekend once I get the Feynlab self heal coating done. It's been gloomy all this week in So Cal, and weather should be better by the weekend.

The car is completely stock, and I think I actually like it as is. If I do lower it, it will most likely be on H&R Springs, and I'll definitely have to add spacers in the rear.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

The MY19 A5 comes with Black Optics. Also when choosing Ascari Blue as the color, it's automatically P+, Black Optics, and S-Line Sport. I will take pics this weekend once I get the Feynlab self heal coating done. It's been gloomy all this week in So Cal, and weather should be better by the weekend.

The car is completely stock, and I think I actually like it as is. If I do lower it, it will most likely be on H&R Springs, and I'll definitely have to add spacers in the rear.
Oh right it’s an A5. I’d love to see more shots, I don’t see many black optics cars with the 19’s.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The A5 looks really good with the BO package wheels and Ascari Blue. The only thing about that package that would bother me is the inclusion of piano black interior inlays.

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5