Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Yes, tell us how you keep it so clean.
Haha it was just picked up from the detailer, that's how lol
Old 02-25-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

That car probably costs like $500,000 in Singapore.
The actual cost of the car itself should be more or less in the ball park as the U.S or Germany but the fees and taxes there are ridiculous. . A cab driver there once told me they try to limit the number of cars in the tiny city-state, so you need to pay some ridiculous amount to have a permit to keep the car for 10 years.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
The actual cost of the car itself should be more or less in the ball park as the U.S or Germany but the fees and taxes there are ridiculous. . A cab driver there once told me they try to limit the number of cars in the tiny city-state, so you need to pay some ridiculous amount to have a permit to keep the car for 10 years.
The permit to own a car called a certificate of entitlement will set you back alproxiapprox USD70K and the vehicle will set you back around USD420K.

So yeah, owning a Prius basically is the cost price of my RS4 back in Australia. :lol: USD145K for a Prius is messed up. So I'm glad I've moved back but I'm counting the years before my M2's days are up.

That car probably costs like $500,000 in Singapore.
Pretty close but with the COE. Running cost sucks just as much at 2.4/L ... If you're living in Singapore, it's cheao to spend $50/day on cabs for 15-20 years than to buy a car. :lol:
Old 02-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by abiley84
Not fair, but go on... post more
No worries... I'll post a couple more photos soon or when it's at the detailers. Sending the vehicle off for paint correction, ceramic coating and ppf installation on the front.

Getting it lowered on Saturday and hopefully will have my wheels arrive from Germany by mid March.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by guvnor
No worries... I'll post a couple more photos soon or when it's at the detailers. Sending the vehicle off for paint correction, ceramic coating and ppf installation on the front.

Getting it lowered on Saturday and hopefully will have my wheels arrive from Germany by mid March.
Can't wait to see it!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by abiley84
Just picked her up this morning from having Feynlab Self Heal Lite ceramic coating done. Here are a few quick shots. Hopefully I can find a good location to take decent photos.

Ordered a front plate filler, but I'm getting conflicting part numbers. Since it's a 2019, one dealer told me it's part # 8W6-807-287-B-RU6, however another is saying 8W6-807-287-B-RN4. I went with one ending in RU6 as he said RN4 has chrome bits and 2018 didn't have black optics. RU6 was ordered from Germany so I hope it's correct.
I really like that color, as well as the black optics package. Only thing that frustrates me is how Audi always includes summer tires on any black optic type package. I just don’t have the space to store an extra set of wheels/tires in my condo, and obviously summer tires won’t fly in Chicago. I wish they had an all-season option on those packages.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by RigaTony82

I really like that color, as well as the black optics package. Only thing that frustrates me is how Audi always includes summer tires on any black optic type package. I just don’t have the space to store an extra set of wheels/tires in my condo, and obviously summer tires won’t fly in Chicago. I wish they had an all-season option on those packages.
That’s a relatively small problem though, as you can buy and sell a set of slightly used tires on Kijiji and this is a pretty common size. You guys don’t use winter tires much in Chicago?
Old 02-25-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by guvnor
The permit to own a car called a certificate of entitlement will set you back alproxiapprox USD70K and the vehicle will set you back around USD420K.

So yeah, owning a Prius basically is the cost price of my RS4 back in Australia. :lol: USD145K for a Prius is messed up. So I'm glad I've moved back but I'm counting the years before my M2's days are up.

Pretty close but with the COE. Running cost sucks just as much at 2.4/L ... If you're living in Singapore, it's cheao to spend $50/day on cabs for 15-20 years than to buy a car. :lol:
I was thinking if you had a car like that in Singapore you must be one of those Crazy Rich Asians but I guess you had to settle for a $145k Prius. I think I would just take the bus.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn you people with the RS5 sportback showing off. I just got done with the dealer and placed an order for a Nardo Gray RS5 Sportback for myself 🤘
Old 02-25-2019, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That’s a relatively small problem though, as you can buy and sell a set of slightly used tires on Kijiji and this is a pretty common size. You guys don’t use winter tires much in Chicago?
I would definitely need a set of winter tires in Chicago, assuming the car comes with summer ones. My A5 coupe came with all seasons, so not a big concern at the moment. I’m just surprised how many cars on the dealer lots here have summer tires only.

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5