Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 231 Posts

Looks awesome despite being covered in frost and snow. What's the temp there?
Old 02-04-2021, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Drove home in a blizzard, just cleared up...temp's are in the 20's.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by AZAudiFan
Drove home in a blizzard, just cleared up...temp's are in the 20's.
I LOVE the Audi Quattro system. I came from a RWD car with A/S tires. Now with AWD and dedicated snow tires, it's a world of difference!

I took my 2019 S5 to a parking lot with 4 inches of snow to experiment with the AWD system. With the nannies engaged the car handled very predictably.
The following 2 users liked this post by garberfc:
AZAudiFan (02-04-2021), Nikon1 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 02:10 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
I LOVE the Audi Quattro system. I came from a RWD car with A/S tires. Now with AWD and dedicated snow tires, it's a world of difference!

I took my 2019 S5 to a parking lot with 4 inches of snow to experiment with the AWD system. With the nannies engaged the car handled very predictably.
I did that on Tuesday — but I only have the Michelin A/S tires — and was absolutely amazed at the handling of the Quattro system despite my deliberate attempts to make the car lose traction and stability! Car just made adjustments to neutralize my “mis-handling attempts” and snickered at me. I swear I heard the MMI say (in a heavy German accident) “Silly American. I. Am. Audi. Quattro!”

— John
The following 3 users liked this post by Nikon1:
AZAudiFan (02-04-2021), phillies21 (02-04-2021), Tundraman (02-08-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Something sweet about seeing an Audi in the snow! Love the photo! And I'll pile on (pun intended) the comments on the incredible Quattro system. It is simply amazing (in German, too?)!
The following 2 users liked this post by phillies21:
AZAudiFan (02-05-2021), Tundraman (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Sunset on my A5 in Colorado last night...

The following 6 users liked this post by RickB:
dadrocker (02-13-2021), DaveSNJ (02-08-2021), mhoran89 (02-08-2021), Mister Bally (02-08-2021), Nikon1 (02-08-2021), Tundraman (02-08-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-08-2021, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

Great pic
Old 02-08-2021, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I did that on Tuesday — but I only have the Michelin A/S tires — and was absolutely amazed at the handling of the Quattro system despite my deliberate attempts to make the car lose traction and stability! Car just made adjustments to neutralize my “mis-handling attempts” and snickered at me. I swear I heard the MMI say (in a heavy German accident) “Silly American. I. Am. Audi. Quattro!”

— John
Today, I was just telling my buddy in VT, I wish I had some snow nearby (SWFL) to play in, with the S5 ! I miss that most I think I need to go up and do some skiing at least!
Old 02-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Speeding ticket Attorney

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default My very first Audi / First post here..

After driving Subaru's (2004 WRX with v7 Spec C swap 288awhp, 2012 STi, 368awhp) and Chevy's (2006 CTS-V maggy supercharger, 554 rwhp) my whole life, my poor STi was starting to see its ghost at 90k miles. When I started to detect hydrocarbons in the coolant I knew it was time to get out of her,

I was having a lot of trouble decided what I wanted to drive next. I have always driven manual transmissions but there are very few AWD, turbo, Manual transmissions left in the world. I was getting ready to give up on the stick and started test driving a few different cars (a Chevy colorado ZR2 truck) and was at the local Audi dealership driving a RS3. I was complaining to the salesman about it being an automatic. He told me that they had just taken a pristine 2018 A5 coupe in 6spd manual (11k miles) in off lease. Right away I threw a hard u turn and headed back for the dealership. Show me I said.

Even though I didn't have a pre-approval from my bank, even though I didn't have my title in hand, even though I never thought I would be purchasing a car that day, she found me and one look at her I knew she was coming home.

I've been getting to know her by day and reading forums like this at a break neck speed at night. I have so much to learn about the aftermarket scene and car care for an Audi that is so different from the usual cars I have worked on.

I decided that I wasn't going to go crazy modifying this one - but right away I knew 252hp wasn't going to cut it.

So within 2 weeks of ownership I brought her in to my mechanic who did a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune, a JH Motorsports short shifter, and Nuspeed SS brake lines. The tune totally woke her up, the brake lines really increase the bite and the feel while braking and the short shifter really makes the shifts much nicer. Instead of being a little floppy, now its like a high end bolt action rifle. I love it. My STi was like a grouchy, angry, roaring, troll that even time it came out from under its bridge it roared and bumped and bashed around - but damn was it ****in fast and the best car for a car chase ever.

My new baby is soft and smooth and slick and charming. She is like a rapier instead of a woodsman axe. I think even if I modify it more in the future I'll probably always leave the stock mufflers and probably keep some kind of resonator (even if I plan to replace the cat for a HFC, and do a downpipe at some point) - I always want her to be quiet and I'm willing to sacrifice a little horsepower. I'm guessing Audi's are similar to other cars though that catbacks are mostly about sound and not about performance. Loud doesn't equal fast.

After doing some data logging with torque pro I realized that my car was spiking boost, losing some of it, then coming back to a mid level and holding there till redline. So I ordered a GFB DV+ and because they were on sale some APR ignition + one step colder plugs. With that I should be done till summer. I promise. I seriously have a problem.

regards,

- Local

The paint is beautiful. After a clean she got a ceramic coating.

Interior is plane by Audi standards, but it's a plush castle by my standards. I'm used to rough plastic and cloth seats.

Someone thought the ECU needed a cover and ordered a carbon fiber ecu cover. that same someone thought that having only one bit of carbon fiber in the engine bay would make it lonely and added another strip to the engine cover.
The following 3 users liked this post by Local:
garberfc (02-09-2021), JD15 (02-14-2021), MRA5SB (02-10-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

[QUOTE=Local;25551000]After driving Subaru's (2004 WRX with v7 Spec C swap 288awhp, 2012 STi, 368awhp) and Chevy's (2006 CTS-V maggy supercharger, 554 rwhp) my whole life, my poor STi was starting to see its ghost at 90k miles. When I started to detect hydrocarbons in the coolant I knew it was time to get out of her,

I was having a lot of trouble decided what I wanted to drive next. I have always driven manual transmissions but there are very few AWD, turbo, Manual transmissions left in the world. I was getting ready to give up on the stick and started test driving a few different cars (a Chevy colorado ZR2 truck) and was at the local Audi dealership driving a RS3. I was complaining to the salesman about it being an automatic. He told me that they had just taken a pristine 2018 A5 coupe in 6spd manual (11k miles) in off lease. Right away I threw a hard u turn and headed back for the dealership. Show me I said.

Even though I didn't have a pre-approval from my bank, even though I didn't have my title in hand, even though I never thought I would be purchasing a car that day, she found me and one look at her I knew she was coming home.

I've been getting to know her by day and reading forums like this at a break neck speed at night. I have so much to learn about the aftermarket scene and car care for an Audi that is so different from the usual cars I have worked on.

I decided that I wasn't going to go crazy modifying this one - but right away I knew 252hp wasn't going to cut it.

So within 2 weeks of ownership I brought her in to my mechanic who did a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune, a JH Motorsports short shifter, and Nuspeed SS brake lines. The tune totally woke her up, the brake lines really increase the bite and the feel while braking and the short shifter really makes the shifts much nicer. Instead of being a little floppy, now its like a high end bolt action rifle. I love it. My STi was like a grouchy, angry, roaring, troll that even time it came out from under its bridge it roared and bumped and bashed around - but damn was it ****in fast and the best car for a car chase ever.

My new baby is soft and smooth and slick and charming. She is like a rapier instead of a woodsman axe. I think even if I modify it more in the future I'll probably always leave the stock mufflers and probably keep some kind of resonator (even if I plan to replace the cat for a HFC, and do a downpipe at some point) - I always want her to be quiet and I'm willing to sacrifice a little horsepower. I'm guessing Audi's are similar to other cars though that catbacks are mostly about sound and not about performance. Loud doesn't equal fast.

After doing some data logging with torque pro I realized that my car was spiking boost, losing some of it, then coming back to a mid level and holding there till redline. So I ordered a GFB DV+ and because they were on sale some APR ignition + one step colder plugs. With that I should be done till summer. I promise. I seriously have a problem.

regards,

- Local

I looked at the A5 coupe too, you have less weight over the front axle so your car should a bit more finesse going in/out of turns. Add the power (S5) your looking for and you will have a very fun car, a sleeper with handsome cockpit that is a damn nice place to be!

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5